HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:37 PM
I eat only vegetarian beef
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
Don! You're missing the point! This thread is for people with an irrational dislike of V tails!

Actually I have a couple, one of which is totally my own design, the other is hacked from a commercial kit. And they both fly very well.
Skycruiser is offline Find More Posts by Skycruiser
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2008, 04:48 PM
The Lone Blue Plaid Flyer
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Wayne, Another fine mess you gotten us into Ollie. I like Pinto Gris to much to swith now. We can't change the name now, because of all the business cards, letter head and patches. Maybe you could form a sub-sub-group !!!! The Tartan Group of the No V Tails Group of the BPS. I think I need some Vinilla Yogurt and Blue Berrys.

Bob in Seattle
Bob Cook is offline Find More Posts by Bob Cook
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:27 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Last edited by DogFly.; Aug 11, 2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:02 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Alright Dogfly,

Unless one of the other officers has any objections, your in. You just have to take the offical No V Tail Oath. Raise your right hand and promise never to build, own, or fly a V tail plane. Your our first member. The first 3 guys are the officers !!
One of the guys in New Zealand has a Wanderer. He posted a photo of it by his car. I've seen the 2 x 4 kit in the cataloges. It should be a fun build for you. Start a thread on it when you get going on it. Good luck. I can't spell Pinot when I'm typing fast. Smile.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:40 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Last edited by DogFly.; Aug 11, 2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:51 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
Congratulations !!!! Your our first full fledged member. If you get a tatoo, it has to be one of those that wash off in the shower 3 days later. Welcome aboard. Now there are 4 of us.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:16 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Last edited by DogFly.; Aug 11, 2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:14 PM
Seattle
Joined Jan 2003
7,567 Posts
HI Dogfly,

I'll be along for the ride on your build. I can always learn something new. The other guys will be there to help too.

Bob in Seattle
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:12 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Last edited by DogFly.; Aug 11, 2008 at 12:04 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:46 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,297 Posts
Holy mackeral, How did we get to no kilts??? Ok let me clarify, a tartan is, according to the online dictionary, "Tartan is a pattern consisting of criss-crossed horizontal and vertical bands in multiple colours. Tartans originated in woven cloth, but are now used in many other materials. Tartan is particularly associated with Scotland. Scottish kilts almost always have tartan patterns. (Tartan is also known as plaid in North America, but this word means a tartan cloth slung over the shoulder or a blanket.)"

So just because I found the blue plaid on a tartan site does not mean we have anything to do with kilts. Nothing against kilts to all the Scottish out there. I am part Scottish, Campbell clan. I have been told not to mention this if I ever venture over there due to bad blood still going on from conflicts hundreds of years ago.

Now that our president has returned from the bunker after the attempted coup, I might discuss a different blue plaid pattern used on the patchs for different factions. Or possibly having each individual having their own blue plaid pattern based on their sir name with a common insignia for the BPS. Not unlike different "tartan" patterns differentiating clans. So much to think about. We might have to have a board meeting in Hawaii to work all of this out? Hmmm, Could be the first ever Blue Plaid Squadron fly over Hawaii event. We need to raise the anual dues so we can afford junkets like this. DogFly, as the only current member at large, it looks llike your dues will be very high this year.

Don:

The website I found this on is www.kiltstore.net I liked the sir name search feature.
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:47 PM
Super Secret Agent
Sink City, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,037 Posts
OMG....

I take a week and a half off, and look what happens.

May I suggest that the "No V-Tails" club hold it's next meeting with it's board of directors present, and attired in dresses. Mini-skirts, and high heel shoes.

Bob? As President of said organization....you should be dressed in the appropriate garb of the office. The aforementioned dress with high heels PLUS fishnet stockings.

Post the pictures. It will enhance the organization's credibility.

Sign me...

CV
Deputy Chairman,
Society for the Advancement of V-Tail Education (SAVE)
Southeast Chapter.
CV580drvr is offline Find More Posts by CV580drvr
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:51 PM
Making wood fly since 2007
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,297 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CV580drvr
OMG....

I take a week and a half off, and look what happens.

May I suggest that the "No V-Tails" club hold it's next meeting with it's board of directors present, and attired in dresses. Mini-skirts, and high heel shoes.

Bob? As President of said organization....you should be dressed in the appropriate garb of the office. The aforementioned dress with high heels PLUS fishnet stockings.

Post the pictures. It will enhance the organization's credibility.

Sign me...

CV
Deputy Chairman,
Society for the Advancement of V-Tail Education (SAVE)
Southeast Chapter.
Boy compared to CV's suggestion kilts were looking mighty good.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:53 PM
Super Secret Agent
Sink City, USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,037 Posts

Ayyy yuh!
CV580drvr is offline Find More Posts by CV580drvr
Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:53 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
Last edited by DogFly.; Aug 11, 2008 at 12:06 AM.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 05:08 PM
Flyin' Ryan
USA, MO, Lee's Summit
Joined Sep 2001
978 Posts
If this was posted a couple of months ago, I would happily be a member-in good-standing. However, I've been successfullly tempted and seduced by V tails twice now. First with a Silent Dream (more of that seducing), and now the Chrysalis. The worst part is, I've been contemplating a V Tail on my future Riser 112. That confession will probably get me expelled from the BPS all together.

Ryan
rycomm is offline Find More Posts by rycomm