SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:10 PM
Joined Jul 2008
1 Posts
Discussion
EDF F22 Raptor

I just purchased the EDF F22 Raptor foamie and have yet to glue it all together. The manual that came with it leaves much to be desired. I have never flown an RC model plane before. I bought it because it claimed to be "Ready to fly" but that is not the case. Besides gluing it together, I need some kind of power supply to use with the included battery charger. It shows a picture of one but gives no information about it. Can someone tell me exactly what I need to buy to be able to charge the included battery for this plane and actually fly it? Did I mention that I am a total beginner?
maricam is offline Find More Posts by maricam
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2008, 01:25 PM
Watts is life...
Bot's like to know where you live
Joined Sep 2003
2,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maricam
Did I mention that I am a total beginner?
Welcome to RCGroups !

With that said, plan on crashing the first time out

Seriously, this is not the plane to learn to fly, or learn electic-rc for that matter. I'd recommend you view the Beginner Trainer Area and be sure to review the sticky at the top... sticky here

It's a fun hobby but with all things, ya need to take a few training steps before ya run!

Bob
rcjetpilot is offline Find More Posts by rcjetpilot
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 12, 2008, 02:56 AM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,661 Posts
true... ready to fly doesn't mean "easy"

try a simulator first... if you have a decent computer, a controller connector or USB controller and the money for the software you should be set... you'll spend less for that stuff than buying new planes after crashing
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jul 12, 2008, 05:41 AM
My plans are in my blog
Kotzebue, Alaska
Joined May 2006
5,416 Posts
Don't give up though. Learn to fly first, then enjoy the jets later.
Rusty-Gunn is offline Find More Posts by Rusty-Gunn
Old Jul 12, 2008, 09:23 AM
Joined Jul 2007
19 Posts
leave this in the box and get yourselt a RTF (ready to fly) high wing trainer. like a parkzone supper cub. and come back to the f22 once you get some experiance. edf jets need to be going alot faster then trainers so even if yo do get it to fly you will probibly distroy it landing.
zeb00 is offline Find More Posts by zeb00