Closed Thread
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:39 AM
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadStick Dave
Tim, I got a Sig Sundancer 50 about 3 years ago and Ben set me up with a Power 46 and a 5s 3700 battery. It flys well and has lots of power. I had to go with a flight battery but an AB 85 would work well now. I was pulling 75 amps before I had to dial it back to 55 amps on my TX. The plane is very well made. Mine is the Purple one.
Thanks, The only biplane that impresses me right now is the ultimate AMR. I like the construction, CF gear,wing tube,and wheel pants. There almost as nice as a 3DHS plane. The colors work for me also. They have the, edge green that really pops . I cant do sundancers, don't theay usually have rainbow schemes ?
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:41 AM
Flippin Multirotors
Illinois
Joined Feb 2006
5,040 Posts
Threw together some other clips from the weekend,slick and the edge.. and a loud circle burner . Put some wattmeter video of the gr60 on 5s in there to.. its gonna haul the bacon next week .

Weekend Flying (7 min 54 sec)
Get Real is offline Find More Posts by Get Real
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2009, 09:58 AM
I AM Smiling
Joined Dec 2007
373 Posts
It doesn't matter anyway, I just checked Tower Hobbies and the Sundancer is discontinued. They were 3-color - not rainbow. The Yellow one was listed as LXLCA0.

The purple one has been gone for awhile.
DeadStick Dave is offline Find More Posts by DeadStick Dave
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:22 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Breaking a sweet!

I just got my 47" Edge kit. I had Rob send it on a 3 day USPS. I just pulled in to my garage when the mail lady pulled up. She started by saying I'm sorry I got it this way! I instantly broke a sweet! Some thing crushed The box, and put a 4 inch whole in it. Before I even opened it I was prepared for the worst so I went and got my camera. If the hole was anywhere else or on the outher side of the box the fuselage would have been destroyed. Amazingly it just missed everything. I cant believe it! check it out.

Thanks for a great packing job ROB!
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:24 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
woohoo tim,fly it like you stole it!! its a free plane aready....Ben designs it that way..the dynamic trio are PFM!!!

And Mrs. Peanut is the reason its all good
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:24 PM
ADC Vinyl
SoCal-Rancho Santa Marg.
Joined Mar 2007
5,229 Posts
Whew....that was close

Rob
Fliprob17 is offline Find More Posts by Fliprob17
Old Jun 15, 2009, 01:28 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fliprob17
Whew....that was close

Rob

Man that was close! one of the stringers did get popped just off the LG. no big deal. I just hit it with some CA and tightened up the covering. Wow I cant delieve it .

Just before I got home I was flying my Yak at the park. I went from a tumble it into a wall, it ripped the motor off and folded a wing. it landed 5 feet in front of me. I had to just laugh. thats what happens when you put 150w motor on a foamy!

I need one of those EPP ones!
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Jun 15, 2009 at 04:28 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 04:22 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Tim you are one lucky man. Let us know how the edge flys for you!
I am waiting for the SR(got the white one). I did get the 130G omega. Rob was awsome and is exchanging the 103G for me!!!!
Cant ask for better customer service than that and he answers the phone too!
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jun 15, 2009, 04:39 PM
Some.. call him Tim...
Joined Oct 2008
6,352 Posts
So far It looks like the best of all the planes in one! The Rudder and elevator are very thick like the SR, and the one piece LG is super strong. There wasn't even 1 wrinkle in the covering.
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:14 PM
United States, UT, Tooele
Joined Oct 2002
1,691 Posts
Guys,

Just want to take a minute to thank all those that have supported the F3A US Team. I have been not been on the forums to much as I have been practicing quite a bit.

Also a big thanks goes out to Knotnuts. Thank you very much.

Andrew
Andrew Jesky is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Jesky
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:27 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,468 Posts
Guy I just got my brother to fly the yellow shp! He has been flying for about 2 months now. He has the PZ corsair and said It fly like crap compaired to the shp. He flew it on low rates of course and did some stall turns, loops and barrel rolls after being up for only a few seconds. He has had issues landing but with the AWSOME SHP he landed like a pro. No bounce or anything! He told me at first he was scared to fly the bigger balsa plane (b/c if you crash it bad it gone unlike the hot glue back together foam and he didnt know what to expect) After the first flight he said that it was soooo easy to fly and he wished he would have bought it first.

So can we get an OH YEAH for the little bro

I think we have converted another
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:29 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
oh yea!!!
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:36 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic

Ohhhhhhhhhh YEAHHhhhhhhhhh
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:38 PM
Joined Dec 2006
13,752 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Semeraro
Thanks, The only biplane that impresses me right now is the ultimate AMR. I like the construction, CF gear,wing tube,and wheel pants. There almost as nice as a 3DHS plane. The colors work for me also. They have the, edge green that really pops . I cant do sundancers, don't theay usually have rainbow schemes ?
Tim,
The PA Ultimate is a great Bipe ! One of our Guerrilla Squad members (Chris) really enjoys his and says it flys like a foamie It DOES have a few 'quirks' though and I'll let him explain (if he happens to see my post ).

Dave
Lonelasso is offline Find More Posts by Lonelasso
Old Jun 15, 2009, 05:55 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,468 Posts
I feel sorry for some of those guys that stick to their guns and say they won't fly 3DHS because of price/repair issues. They are missing a whole other world. I tried, in the beginning, to witness to them but after being beat up by the old grumpy crowed I am ashamed to admit I gave up. I am sure down the road many of them will finally fly the Kool Aid and then hit their forehand and say "I could of have a V-8". Oh well you can lead a horse to water but no way am I sucking on his b-hole to get him a drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losifanatic
Guy I just got my brother to fly the yellow shp! He has been flying for about 2 months now. He has the PZ corsair and said It fly like crap compaired to the shp. He flew it on low rates of course and did some stall turns, loops and barrel rolls after being up for only a few seconds. He has had issues landing but with the AWSOME SHP he landed like a pro. No bounce or anything! He told me at first he was scared to fly the bigger balsa plane (b/c if you crash it bad it gone unlike the hot glue back together foam and he didnt know what to expect) After the first flight he said that it was soooo easy to fly and he wished he would have bought it first.

blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Closed Thread