Closed Thread
Old Jul 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,848 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian94066
my current 3D on order is the PA addiction, i just bought it because it looks killer and it has crazy CFs but i'm sure i see an SHP and a velox in the near future

If you want a Rush! Get a Velox, fly it on 4s and hold on!!
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:04 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
BB, I dare you to give Ben a call.... just one call, and one plane. Then you'll be one of us .

Hi, my name is Josh, and I'm a 3DH addict as well.
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:06 PM
I butcher foam
Springfield, MO
Joined Jun 2008
1,559 Posts
I flew Nitro back in 93. Too scared to crash the expensive kit planes I glued together on the weekends..when I finally did crash my one and only plane (Midstar 40) I kind of got out.

Noticed friends flying electrics..from a J3 Cub->Parkzone Trojan a month later I found 3DHS and the threads here.

Back in the nineties I always wanted an Extra 300 kit. I ordered two yellow SHPs.

A week after the SHP maiden I now have:

-Aspera I bought my father for fathers day
-47" Yak
-47" Blue Velox
-47" SHP
-55" SHP coming from the trader forum
-Preordered the 49" SU-26

Now I'll probably hit up the bigger planes.
rballz is offline Find More Posts by rballz
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:55 PM
"LOWER!"
lake forest, ca
Joined Apr 2008
139 Posts
lmao! hi, my names micah and i am a 3dhs addict. i bought my first 3dhs plane about a year ago and never looked back. if youve never tried a 3dh plane i suggest you order one asap so you see what your missing out on and can become a 3dhs addict to lol
cpt micah is offline Find More Posts by cpt micah
Old Jul 10, 2008, 11:58 PM
Team 3DHS
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2004
15,632 Posts
I think this is the only Addict Support Group that actually ENCOURAGES its member to keep indulging in the addiction.

It's like AA sponsored by Jack Daniels or Absolut Vodka .
BoneDoc is offline Find More Posts by BoneDoc
Old Jul 11, 2008, 12:59 AM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc
It's like AA sponsored by Jack Daniels or Absolut Vodka .
Its a support group - we support each other while we indulge in our addiction.

MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
Old Jul 11, 2008, 04:56 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,006 Posts
How can I admit I have a problem when it's not a problem? I might be an addict, but I like it.

I got my start with 3DHS when Professor Jackson reccomended thier anodized dural langing gear for my Mini Ultra Stocks. I'de been out of R/C for about 15 years, and everything had changed, so I needed to get hooked up with good people to bring me up to speed.

I am generally leery of a business I am unfamiliar with, especially smaller ones. This is sad because the shiesters ruin it for the honest people. It's hard to trust anyone, because we have all been screwed so many times. Right away, however, I struck up a great accord with Ben on the phone. I trusted him immeadiately, and doing so much business with him has only made that trust stronger.

The gear came on time, just as promised, and so did subsequent orders, and everything I was ever promised came true.

Not a bad start, eh?

It was the wonderful Aspera that really got the koolaid running through my veins. It's still the finest plane I have ever owned, but once I had three of them I didn't need any more. By this time I has also struck up a friendship with Rob from ADChobbystore by working together on video projects for the Mini Pulse and Mini Ultra Sticks, the Aspera, and then we started on the 3DHS planes. Rob kept after me to get a 3DHS Extra SHP, but it was the Katana that really caught my eye.

3D flying didn't really interest me at the time, but the Aspera's quaility build, fabulous flying and top-notch technical assistance made me want to stay in the 3DHS lineup of planes. While I was content to fly sport with the Katana, I explore the limits of every plane I fly. Eventually, Ben and Rob convinced me to try some 3D antics and it didn't take long to get addicted. It also became clear I needed a little less advanced plane to learn 3D with. I can 3D the Katana pretty good now, in fact, I love the Katana, but at the time, all these maneuvers were new to me. I needed something more stable to learn the ropes with.

Then came the Extra SHP, and then back to the Katana, the Super Ballistic Aspera experiment, the Yak, and then awesome Velox and the smooth SR.Then came the 55" SHP and Yak, and soon it will be the AJ Slock. Through all of it, Ben and Rob were there to offer encouragment, advice and technical support. These have been very rewarding projects, and it's nice to have such supportive friends.

Not only have I built up my own planes with the help of Jimmy D's Airworks, but we've put together a few Asperas and Extra SHPs for our friends, Every one of them has very nearly been a case of shake the box up and the finished plane falls out. The quality of the 3DHS planes is unparrelled. I've built a lot of junk, and I know the difference, especially when I fly.

Through the whole 3D process Ben was there to offer coaching and encouragement. I would have eventually figured it out, but Ben's coaching has taken years and plenty of crashes out of the learning process. There were times I thought that I was too old and was never going to get it, but Ben inspired me to keep plugging and now I see the light at the end of the tunnel. Unfortunately, it's still a very long tunnel.

The way 3DHS is run, Ben truely deserves to make a billion dollars. In such a non-personal, cookie cutter industry, he is a one of a kind guy.

Best of luck, my friend.
Doc Austin is online now Find More Posts by Doc Austin
Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:34 AM
United States, MA, Hadley
Joined Oct 2006
218 Posts
"The way 3DHS is run, Ben truely deserves to make a billion dollars. In such a non-personal, cookie cutter industry, he is a one of a kind guy.

Best of luck, my friend"

Amazing words for a great company !! I think that phrase says it all, period. If Ben can keep supplying airframes at the staggering pace that he does, I dont think some of the other manufacturers will survive the " KOOL-AID SUNAMI"
nighthawk117 is offline Find More Posts by nighthawk117
Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:44 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,006 Posts
Old Jul 11, 2008, 05:50 AM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
Great one Doc!
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old Jul 11, 2008, 06:48 AM
TEAM EXTREME FLIGHT
USA, FL, Largo
Joined Dec 2005
17,006 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by refugeefromcalif
Great one Doc!
I can't take credit fo it though. It was posted on another thread and I just linked to it.

I did, however, do this one. Ever felt like you couldn't help yourself when buying a 3D Hobby Shop plane, like you couldn't say no, like you couldn't live without it, almost like you were in a trance?

Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:08 AM
Joined May 2008
1,506 Posts
Dang, it's hard to hide my addiction around here! The wife keeps tiptoeing around these five white boxes, the and Aspera and SHP in my Hanger. Keeps asking how many more "boxes" are there going to be until I finish up some of the half finished brand X's hanging on the wall! I'm gonna' ask Ben to stamp 'Kool Aid' on the white boxes so I can store my next order in the pantry... It's impossible to hide this addiction! It's also impossible to avoid the "addiction"... Just one Maiden flight and you're hooked! Ben is the "pusher" of a lot of smiles... Kool Aid is addictive!!!!
Knotnuts is offline Find More Posts by Knotnuts
Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:32 AM
Aerodynamically challenged
3D World, Florida
Joined May 2005
3,183 Posts
Hi guys...my name is Jason.(fingering "Fly Low" skull and crossbones chit)I've been sport plane free for 2 years now. I've been addicted since childhood. It got even worse... It all started when I purchased an EF Yak and Torque motor setup. There was a problem with the motor and Ben the Enabler chimed in on my post and offered to send me another motor even though he didn't have to. Now I've gone off the deep end and gotten the 87" Extra instead of wisely choosing the 55" one first. The Koolaid definitely impairs your judgement and may even have you seeing larger than you should. It blurs your vision and may even make you want more planes or more than one wing per plane. And the smooth customer service lines will take away any parts withdrawal you may have. Then you show up at the flying field and the shame of being the only one there with 3DHS plane(s) is almost unbearable. Until some other junkie shows up with his fleet...Now there's the promise of larger planes in the works. Please don't make me cash in another CD. I'm so glad you guys are here for support. Group hug!
3Deranged is offline Find More Posts by 3Deranged
Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:26 AM
Renton, Wa.
Joined Feb 2006
1,738 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Austin
Classic Doc.
Steve
stevelmaa is offline Find More Posts by stevelmaa
Old Jul 11, 2008, 11:07 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
If you ever see me in a group hug, shoot me.
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread