Old Dec 11, 2008, 11:59 PM
Fort Collins Colorado USA
Joined Oct 2007
2,393 Posts
ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsubsailor
[IMG]ouch[/IMG] those 40 stitches are mine
This is just a saftey reminder something that happend with my shp in 2007 anyone interested look at armedand dangerous thread
I was doing the initial set up and programing the radio stayed up too late wanted to maiden next day. Finished the set up and hit the throttle when putting the radio down to unplug the battery it hopped of the table straight at me full throttle
I don't know if it was a reaction or the fact that I wanted to save my new 3d hobbyshop extra shp from smashing into the wall when it flew off my table it looked like a scene from horror film the plane sprayed blood everywhere. it was an apc e prop and it has a few nicks in it now although I would say the prop faired better than my arm. a Jones witch or taking the prop off during setup would of solved the problem and saved me 6hrs in the ER
lesson learned the hard way

Wow I spent time recently in an ER while setting up my 55". This is another good safety reminder. What does everyone think of using the switch that come with the airboss escs. Do most people use them or not. Is there safety advantages to using them or any disadvantages.
On my 9303 I tried to set a switch linked to a throttle curve. When the switch is flipped the throttle curve is zero. The propeller still will spin up but not even enough to start rolling in some cases . You probably still could get hurt but not nearly as bad.
jadamian75 is offline Find More Posts by jadamian75
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:01 AM
Go guerrilla
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2005
4,899 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadamian75
...What does everyone think of using the switch that come with the airboss escs...
I always clip 'em off and hardwire it.
jfv61 is offline Find More Posts by jfv61
Old Dec 12, 2008, 12:22 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,826 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadamian75
What does everyone think of using the switch that come with the airboss escs. Do most people use them or not. Is there safety advantages to using them or any disadvantages.
On my 9303 I tried to set a switch linked to a throttle curve. When the switch is flipped the throttle curve is zero. The propeller still will spin up but not even enough to start rolling in some cases . You probably still could get hurt but not nearly as bad.
I mount the switch so I can turn it off and on without removing the canopy. I do this with all 55" planes. It's just easier with them so I can clear the plane out of the way and pick it up by the leg. The smaller planes you just grab them and move them to a safe place to unplug.

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old Dec 13, 2008, 06:11 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
I was really jones'ing to fly my shp today, The wind was too much plus it was 29 Degrees. 15-20mph I ended up flying my modified stryker with 4cell. It's gets the blood pumping but not the same as harriering right above the runway or doing blenders though
xsubsailor is offline Find More Posts by xsubsailor
Old Dec 13, 2008, 06:22 PM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC4x4
I mount the switch so I can turn it off and on without removing the canopy.
Cory
I Always mount the switch on the outside to be able to shut the ESC off when I've landed.

George
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old Dec 13, 2008, 06:33 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
I wish they would standardize a switching system so you could leave your battery hooked up and not have a drain like through the esc switches. My problem that night was I was going to unhook the battery and hit the throttle stick on my leg when I was setting my transmitter down. It was stupid and fatigue I had put my 47shp together in one night so I could maiden next morning. I was to tired and not thinking clearly. I never set up with props on but the shp looked so good with the spinner and matching wheel pants. I've never been as excited about a plane as I was about that one. Doc Austin told me it was a special plane and he was right.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 06:40 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
the worse thing about it was at that time i was using a hitec optic 6 and it has a throttle lock button (which I think all radios should have) and of course I wasn't using it.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 09:47 PM
Pants on the ground
exit 26 Jersey
Joined Jul 2007
6,220 Posts
I couldn't wait till monday so I just ordered the 55"edge and then erased the history from the laptop my wife can smell a new plane
Old Dec 13, 2008, 10:00 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,157 Posts
yea been there done that got the t-shi..ok got the plane
i usu do it from work now.hehe and send it to work instead of the house
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 13, 2008, 11:47 PM
Go guerrilla
Austin, TX
Joined Jul 2005
4,899 Posts
Quote:
...hitec optic 6 and it has a throttle lock button...
my favorite feature on the Optic 6...
jfv61 is offline Find More Posts by jfv61
Old Dec 14, 2008, 12:46 AM
Fly Low or you'll never know!
Thornton, Colorado
Joined Jul 2002
3,826 Posts
Quote:
I couldn't wait till monday so I just ordered the 55"edge and then erased the history from the laptop my wife can smell a new plane
You shouldn't keep that from your wife. What does she keep from you?

Cory
RC4x4 is offline Find More Posts by RC4x4
Old Dec 14, 2008, 05:37 AM
I am ready for HHAEFI!!
United States, GA, Cochran
Joined Apr 2004
6,573 Posts
DATS RIPE... ASK MATT how the plastic molding in his truck got broke...

OOOOOWWWW...
powerlines is offline Find More Posts by powerlines
Closed Thread