HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 08:14 PM
nothing new under the sun
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Which port are you plugging power into? Have you tried changing ports? Have you tried a different battery?
Jim ,
I tried each one of the 8 ports including bat. port , I tried differents battery including 2 cell lipo
the issue is not the power ! I told you before with my 2 years old IFS RX led is always Green solid using the same battery ( A123, LIPO etc ), I understand
I will have to return to you this RX, I don't see a different way as there is no service in France for your products...

Also pls clarify the story of your RX that are no infield flash able: when a new firmware version will be available I will not be able to upgrade unless to ship to you from France to USA ? this is not a good thing for me...I like you products , you can see my post about my satisfaction, but yesterday when I connected your RX to the XDP ans see it is no flash able I was disappointed.

thank's for your assistance,
Dan
stick08 is offline Find More Posts by stick08
Last edited by stick08; Aug 11, 2011 at 08:48 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 11, 2011, 09:37 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,494 Posts
Only our Nano receivers officially support in-field flashing. However, I do see your point. Please return the receiver and I will make a note to our tech dept. to send you a new FLASHABLE version.

I will also look at that receiver to see why the A/D circuit is not correctly reading your voltage.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:21 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Only our Nano receivers officially support in-field flashing. However, I do see your point. Please return the receiver and I will make a note to our tech dept. to send you a new FLASHABLE version.

I will also look at that receiver to see why the A/D circuit is not correctly reading your voltage.
ok thank's, just what is the return procedure , should I pay for the postage ?
Old Aug 11, 2011, 10:36 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,494 Posts
Just send it back to us with a note stating the problem and a reminder that you are located in France and would like to have a flashable unit.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2011, 11:31 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Just send it back to us with a note stating the problem and a reminder that you are located in France and would like to have a flashable unit.
ok Jim, I go to the post office now and send it registered to the address I had on your box, how do you credit me for the postage ?
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:16 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick08 View Post
ok Jim, I go to the post office now and send it registered to the address I had on your box, how do you credit me for the postage ?
Dont push your luck! You are getting your problem solved at no-charge, Jim will send you a new receiver (at least one with a flashable cpu) and will probably pay for the freight to you. What else would you like? A voucher for a bottle of fine French champagne and a public apology in your local papers?
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:30 PM
Joined Feb 2004
185 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by e_ferret View Post
dont push your luck! You are getting your problem solved at no-charge, jim will send you a new receiver (at least one with a flashable cpu) and will probably pay for the freight to you. What else would you like? A voucher for a bottle of fine french champagne and a public apology in your local papers?
+1 !!!!
tande is offline Find More Posts by tande
Old Aug 12, 2011, 11:57 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret View Post
Dont push your luck! You are getting your problem solved at no-charge, Jim will send you a new receiver (at least one with a flashable cpu) and will probably pay for the freight to you. What else would you like? A voucher for a bottle of fine French champagne and a public apology in your local papers?
no no ,I don't need public public apology... Jim is a fair guy I know , but you just forget the Rx is not only not flashable it has also an issue ( Yellow-orange led ) and why should I pay more with freight charge ? they must test their products before shipping, mostly when it is for export.
Last edited by stick08; Aug 13, 2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 04:40 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,494 Posts
We program and hand test every single piece that ships from our facility.

This is why I would like to see that receiver myself to determine how that is even possible. The only thing I can figure is a failure of the CPU's analog to digital converter circuitry.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 13, 2011, 06:33 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:

This is why I would like to see that receiver myself to determine how that is even possible. The only thing I can figure is a failure of the CPU's analog to digital converter circuitry.
Hi Jim,

All I can say is that you are the epitome of fair trading!
I will remember that generous offer to a French speaking modeller.
Since i can speak French also, I expect the same wonderful 'fall over backwards' service in future.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Aug 16, 2011, 01:04 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:

Thank you Jim , let me know when you get the Rx , It was sent to you on Aug 12nd international registred airmail Nbr RK626400608FR, I know you do your best to satisfy the customers, and I appreciate very much your prompt replys each time we need.
Dan
Old Aug 16, 2011, 03:05 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,494 Posts
No problem, I will let you know when it arrives.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 29, 2011, 05:06 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
No problem, I will let you know when it arrives.
Hello Jim,
did you get it ? normally it should take 15 days maximum by airmail,
thank's
Dan
Old Aug 29, 2011, 07:33 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,494 Posts
I am not sure, I will have to check. Nobody notified me about a package addressed to me.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 30, 2011, 05:47 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
I am not sure, I will have to check. Nobody notified me about a package addressed to me.
Hi Jim,
I didn't know Ihave to specify to your attention, I just put inside copy off the exchange messages of this forum, I believe your office get the package it is more than 2 weeks, my shipper name is Daniel Ohayon, if you dont get it I will have to make a claim to the post office in France, let me know please.
thank you
Dan