HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 06, 2009, 11:10 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
Joys11: On "Solid Orange" - Many people do not understand that most of their measuring equipment provides an average voltage. You need an oscilloscope to be able to see the voltage spike below 4.4 volts. It is the spike that can reset a receiver and does not require the average voltage to go that low.

Hope this explains the difference between what you see on the meter and the reason for the orange LED.

Because of this I would not fly ANY 2.4ghz RX with a 4.8V battery.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
nothing new under the sun
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
firmeware version 3

Hello Jim,

thank's for your prompt answers, but I have some others points still not clear for me even after spending a lot of time reading the manual and threads on this forum

1) for France which power 1 to 5 , and which hoping mode 1 to 5
I understand that the naximum is the best ... so 5 for power and 5 for hoping mode ?

2) I check again when power is on 1 on Tx the rx led is not red but green so there is another issue.

3) slave and master rx's : I am very confuse with this , I have one RX 10 chanel in one plane and another RX 8 channel in ANOTHER plane, why should I have to bind one master & one slave and not two's masters RX ?

actualy the two rx are as masters both and working good ( except the led is sometime orange or green on both )

or maybe the nanual means when you install two RX in the SAME PLANE one Rx is the master second is the slave ? in this case can you explain the benefit of this.

thank's
stick08 is offline Find More Posts by stick08
Old Jan 12, 2009, 02:26 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
Yes, the master and slave are for two RX in one plane. Every plane you have with just one RX is a master.

Some people want a second RX in their planes as a backup. They run 1/2 the servos on one RX and the other 1/2 on the second. With TWO RX in one plane you need to run them as Master/Slave.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
Old Jan 14, 2009, 06:11 AM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
thank's

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubacb
Yes, the master and slave are for two RX in one plane. Every plane you have with just one RX is a master.

Some people want a second RX in their planes as a backup. They run 1/2 the servos on one RX and the other 1/2 on the second. With TWO RX in one plane you need to run them as Master/Slave.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 12:38 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
6v instead of 4.8 V to power the xps Rx

Hello ,

as most of my servo work with 4.8 v , can i use a 6 v batery plus a voltage regulator that keep votage @ 5.1 volts or the CC bec from Castle could be a solution in electric power ?

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXSWL3&P=ML

my idea ( I dont know if good ) is that with a 6 v batery plus a 5.1 V regulator the rx will always have not less than 5.1 v and my 4.8v servos will be ok , what you think ?

thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by skubacb
Joys11: On "Solid Orange" - Many people do not understand that most of their measuring equipment provides an average voltage. You need an oscilloscope to be able to see the voltage spike below 4.4 volts. It is the spike that can reset a receiver and does not require the average voltage to go that low.

Hope this explains the difference between what you see on the meter and the reason for the orange LED.

Because of this I would not fly ANY 2.4ghz RX with a 4.8V battery.
Old Jan 14, 2009, 04:25 PM
Gotta Luv Gasser Helis..
Gold Coast, Qld , Australia
Joined Apr 2006
325 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick08
is that with a 6 v batery plus a 5.1 V regulator the rx will always have not less than 5.1 v and my 4.8v servos will be ok , what you think ?

thanks for your help

that , or similar , is what 99% of us do .......
_Peter is offline Find More Posts by _Peter
Old Jan 25, 2009, 01:01 PM
Oslo
Joined Jun 2008
13 Posts
Red status light above 4,4 Volts

I have exactly the same story. I have mesured the Volt by the BEC to 4,9 Volt and the receiver is green for a few seconds, thereafter red.
Can I use the system when the light is red ?
westereng is offline Find More Posts by westereng
Old Jan 25, 2009, 08:55 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,747 Posts
Is it "red" or is it "orange"?
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2009, 01:02 PM
Oslo
Joined Jun 2008
13 Posts
That was not easy to determine, but when I doublechecked it seems to be orange.
Old Jan 26, 2009, 01:09 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,747 Posts
Orange means there is a power problem.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 26, 2009, 01:10 PM
Oslo
Joined Jun 2008
13 Posts
Can this has something to do with the with the hopping mode? I use mode 4.
I use Kontronik regulators.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 01:35 AM
Oslo
Joined Jun 2008
13 Posts
The 6 ch receiver do not have this warningsystem, is it possible to disable the warning from the 8 ch receiver via the Device Programmer?
Old Jan 27, 2009, 02:00 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
230 Posts
Power problem

Hi Westereng.
If it goes orange, it tells you that in a splitt second (25 ms) or longer- you have had a voltage drop below 4,4 V. You Voltage meter does probably not react that quick, it only measures average voltage. Sudden changes can only be measured with an oscilloscop.

Did you move any servoes when the green light changed? Like any other el. engines, servoes will pull a bigger load (amps) when starting to move.

I used the Graupner metode, by conectiing a capasitor (4700uF) to take the dip, but my battery is big enough (can deliver enough amps). What is the status on your battery and how much load is it pulling.

Best regards JE

Quote:
Originally Posted by westereng
I have exactly the same story. I have mesured the Volt by the BEC to 4,9 Volt and the receiver is green for a few seconds, thereafter red.
Can I use the system when the light is red ?
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24
Last edited by Doffen24; Jan 27, 2009 at 02:21 AM.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 04:16 AM
Oslo
Joined Jun 2008
13 Posts
Hi, thanks for your answer.
I have not mesured the load, but I have 3 Kontronik regulators, and the problem is the same. I have av Jazz 80 amp regulator on the helicopter, it sometimes turns orange immidiatly, and sometimes when I move a servo. I have tried to connect it with only one servo, but the problem is the same.
I will try a capasitor to see if that solves the problem.
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:04 AM
Oslo
Joined Jun 2008
13 Posts
Tried the capasitor, same problem.