HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:35 PM
United States, IL, North Aurora
Joined Sep 2009
607 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Yes, we would like to see the antennas. We use those during the calibration testing to make sure they are working properly.

Does the case with "an antenna like cover on it" has an antenna connector to screw in a full size antenna? If so, then the case won't be changed.

The XDP can be used with all of our product for changing settings. We have never advertised the fact that the XDP could be used to upgrade the firmware (except for the Nano receivers).

We have never offered the harnesses for the Universal Module separately. We should probably look at doing that as we have recently had a lot of requests for that.
Great, will send antennas along as well.
Yes, that Tx module has the "screw on" connector too, no problem.
Regarding the XPD, great as changing settings was my meaning (sorry about the word choice there).
Yes, do that please. Even on modded Tx's the wires can possibly fray or wear and in my case, much easier to order a harness than to fab one.

Thanks JD, the lot will be on its way Saturday via USPS priority.
hook
hook57 is online now Find More Posts by hook57
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 17, 2011, 05:47 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
Beta firmware for the Nanos has been released. The new update provides servo reversing and offsets (like a matchbox type device).
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 17, 2011, 08:48 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,259 Posts
awesome, I look forward to playing
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Apr 18, 2011, 12:06 AM
You can call me FANBOY!
Goodlettsville, TN
Joined Sep 2006
3,058 Posts
Coo. Need to download and play with it.
chrisf testpilot is offline Find More Posts by chrisf testpilot
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:34 PM
I need a nap
Utah
Joined Nov 2005
68 Posts
Thank You for the fast upgrade

Just upgraded my TX and RX modules.
I just wanted to say Thank You for the fast turn around time. From send to receive it was just 6 days and I'm flying again. I messed up and forgot to send my TX module in the same box. So I mailed a second box with the TX in it. I notified them of my mistake and they found both boxes and mailed everything back at the same time.

One thing I like about XPS Recievers is when there is a communication lockout problem they re-link in less than 1 second. With my JR Spektrum it takes about 3-4 seconds to reestablish communication. Now I'm looking forward to having hopping mode to reduce the occassional glitch.
TheSuper is offline Find More Posts by TheSuper
Old Apr 29, 2011, 01:29 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSuper View Post
One thing I like about XPS Recievers is when there is a communication lockout problem they re-link in less than 1 second. With my JR Spektrum it takes about 3-4 seconds to reestablish communication. Now I'm looking forward to having hopping mode to reduce the occassional glitch.
You were having an occasional relink or glitch with the XPS gear? Curious what your installation's look like.
dennisjm is online now Find More Posts by dennisjm
Old Apr 29, 2011, 06:34 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
I would like to know as well!
RCG Plus Member
Old May 08, 2011, 06:35 PM
iva
Vancouver Harbour Sp, Canada
Joined Jan 2001
539 Posts
This must be something trivial but I am facing a dead end, so please forgive my ignorance.
My XDP tells me that my CPU is flashable and it has V 3.2. When I select "Update firmware", new window pops up "Select firmware update file..." having four folders: Data; Languages; USB, XPS internet shortcut.
What is the name of the file I am looking for and where do I find it.
I am running Firefox 4 under W7/64.
Thanks,

Zoran
iva is offline Find More Posts by iva
Old May 09, 2011, 12:19 AM
Joined Dec 2007
240 Posts
iva, I think you are using old software for your XDP.

I went to this page: http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/xdp.php
scrolled down to the FIRMWARE Upgrades, and downloaded Updater V2.5 to my desktop.
Once on my desktop, I run the updater V2.5, and it asks you to put your RX in Program mode, Just like when you hook it to the software before to find it. Once the updater V2.5 finds the RX it will tell you what version is on the RX, and what it could upgrade it too. Then just upgrade it.

This is what I did just the other day to get a nano RX upgraded to the latest firmware.
Hope that helps.
Uff-Da RC is offline Find More Posts by Uff-Da RC
Old May 09, 2011, 02:57 AM
iva
Vancouver Harbour Sp, Canada
Joined Jan 2001
539 Posts
Thank you Uff!
Actually, I was trying to update my Tx module to version 3.8.
It appears that Firefox 4 may have some problem. Last night I downloaded the updater V2.5 and I was surprised that it took less than a second to finish the download. This time I used Google Chrome and was able to download the updater. It was a much longer process.
After that, I successfully updated the Tx module to V3.8.
Thanks again.
iva is offline Find More Posts by iva
Old May 22, 2011, 06:43 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
WARNING! There is a bug in the latest beta Nano firmware when using OFFSETS. Do not use updater 2.5 with Nano receivers. We be making a new version soon.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; May 22, 2011 at 07:59 PM.
Old May 22, 2011, 07:12 PM
Joined Jun 2007
70 Posts
are we ok if we don't use servo reversing with it?
kneissl is offline Find More Posts by kneissl
Old May 22, 2011, 07:45 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
There is a correction.. the offsets cause the problem when servo reversing is NOT used.

I would recommend going back to the non-beta version or at least remove offsets and servo reversing for all channels until the next beta comes out.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; May 22, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
Old May 23, 2011, 01:44 AM
JustFlying
Joined Dec 2005
2,437 Posts
Hi Jim. What does this bug do? I tested it when you just released it and is using it up to now, but I did not notice any bug after the latest beta.
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Old May 23, 2011, 11:21 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,942 Posts
If you are using an offset, and you are not also using servo reversing, the receiver reboots every 16th frame (about 3 times per second). The reboot occurs so fast that you don't notice it, but it is occurring. The problem is that if you are so far away to have any signal loss (which might occur with a high altitude glider), it is possible that it could take a long time (like over 1/2 second) for the receiver to reconnect each time it reboots.

If you are not using an offset or reversing, then there are no issues.

I will have this corrected today.
RCG Plus Member