HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 03, 2010, 01:23 PM
Enid, OK
Joined Jun 2006
64 Posts
Such a nice feature.. Thanks
sandyem16 is offline Find More Posts by sandyem16
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:53 AM
Joined May 2009
4 Posts
what can I do when the flash update went wrong? My XR-12 IFS is not working anymore.
I tried also the option with the shift button.
When I power up with button pressed. The orange light goes on. When i push longer the red light will blinking.
But the updater still can't find my device.
what can i do?
micmac is offline Find More Posts by micmac
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:39 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,910 Posts
If the LED is solid orange (in XDP mode) and the updater or XDP program can not see the device, then you would have to return it for a reflash here.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:37 AM
nothing new under the sun
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
RX Best power supply

HI,

I want to have separate power supply what is the best to power directly the XPS/IFS Rx , 2S or 3S Lipo ? my thought is to connect a 2 or 3S lipo of 1300 mAh to power only to the RX, and the servos will have all there + ( Red wire ) connected together to another Nimh battery 4,8 V - 1500 mAh, so each servo will have the - wire ( black/ brown) connected to the RX, plus the Signal wire ( orange/Yellow/white ) , I will have to make another - wire from each servo connected to the Nimh battery, I test at home with one servo & a voltmeter I obtain 5,2 volt on the servo, and 8,40 V on the XPS Rx, this is the only solution I found to always have a nice green led on XPS rx ( 8 & 10 channels ), connecting 2x Nimh battery of 4,8 V 1500 mAH each directly to the RX doesn't work unless you put 2000 mah ( this is on a medium plane ) which is too eavy.

On another side when servos can accept a little more than 6 volts the best solution I used on my Citation electric Jet that have only mini/micro Servos from Hitec ( 7 servos ) is a CC BEC connected on a 3S lipo of 1300 mah giving about 5,75 volts ( this is a separate Lipo for Rx only ) , I have more than 80 flights and always the green led after landing ( Rx is an XPS/IFS - 10 channels ) I made 4 flights each time of about 5 or 6 minutes and my Lipo remain with about 70%.

would like to hear your comments on the separate power supply if it sound good or not

thank's
Dan
stick08 is offline Find More Posts by stick08
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:47 AM
JustFlying
Joined Dec 2005
2,437 Posts
Use 2s A123 direct.
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Old Oct 13, 2010, 12:41 AM
Son, Norway
Joined Sep 2004
3,356 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick08 View Post
I want to have separate power supply what is the best to power directly the XPS/IFS Rx , 2S or 3S Lipo ?
With the servos out of the way, even four small Nixx cells should be enough. Leave the Rx on for an hour and see how many mAh you put back in the battery. Then it's easy to decide what capacity you should go for.
Fred
flarssen is offline Find More Posts by flarssen
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:35 AM
Joined Oct 2010
3 Posts
firmware update

i've just aquired a tx and 4 rx i've been told they are firmware 1.1 can i get them upgraded if so how and how much will this cost thanks
i live in the uk
geddie123 is offline Find More Posts by geddie123
Old Oct 30, 2010, 01:16 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,910 Posts
For more information on the upgrade, please see:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/v3.php

To purchase the upgrade, click the link below:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...UPGRADE&cat=13
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 22, 2010, 05:55 PM
Joined Oct 2010
3 Posts
hi there delivery of tx modual and rx for upgrade

!!!
geddie123 is offline Find More Posts by geddie123
Last edited by geddie123; Nov 22, 2010 at 06:24 PM. Reason: sorted
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:04 PM
farmington hills mi.
Joined Sep 2006
836 Posts
"Hoppy" New Year!

Been flying Xps since 2007 with no upgrades and no problems. Just sent 12 receivers and a tx module to XPS for upgrade. There are now 5 modes to choose from. I have presumably been flying mode 1. I have no clue as to what mode I should fly and why. What mode are you all using?
tom bacsanyi is offline Find More Posts by tom bacsanyi
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 04, 2011, 04:23 PM
You can call me FANBOY!
Goodlettsville, TN
Joined Sep 2006
3,058 Posts
Mine came back after upgrade with Mode 2 as default, which is the full time frequency hopping mode. I would leave it set to that, no reason really to change it unless you are in Europe.
chrisf testpilot is offline Find More Posts by chrisf testpilot
Old Jan 06, 2011, 07:14 PM
farmington hills mi.
Joined Sep 2006
836 Posts
Chris,
Thanks for the help, I'll try mode 2.

I read your XPD manual and now I will have to get one! Nice work.

tom
tom bacsanyi is offline Find More Posts by tom bacsanyi
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 17, 2011, 09:21 PM
Joined May 2007
305 Posts
Hey guys. Have a new XPS Pro that came in the mail. Setting up for test with a Castle HV 110...will end up using the HV160 later. Anyone have the ESC settings for the HV110 for this fan?
Pandissix is offline Find More Posts by Pandissix
Old Jan 20, 2011, 12:59 PM
United States, IL, North Aurora
Joined Sep 2009
587 Posts
Upgrate Tx modules n Rx's..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
For more information on the upgrade, please see:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/v3.php

To purchase the upgrade, click the link below:

http://www.xtremepowersystems.net/pr...UPGRADE&cat=13
JD,
Late in getting these out to you but I have more than a few Tx modules and Rx's (both 10ch and 8ch) ready to send in for upgrade; questions:
Are the antennas needed on the Tx modules?
One module has older (I believe) case with an antenna like cover on it; will the case be changed on that one?
Can the XPD then be used with all of these once the upgrade is completed?
Is a harness for the XPS-G1 module avalable seperately to mount a Tx board inside and graft it to an older Kraft radio, or even for the JR modules (yes it does work very well)?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to sort out what I need. Thanks.
hook
hook57 is offline Find More Posts by hook57
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:10 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,910 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hook57 View Post
JD,
Late in getting these out to you but I have more than a few Tx modules and Rx's (both 10ch and 8ch) ready to send in for upgrade; questions:
Are the antennas needed on the Tx modules?
One module has older (I believe) case with an antenna like cover on it; will the case be changed on that one?
Can the XPD then be used with all of these once the upgrade is completed?
Is a harness for the XPS-G1 module avalable seperately to mount a Tx board inside and graft it to an older Kraft radio, or even for the JR modules (yes it does work very well)?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to sort out what I need. Thanks.
hook
Yes, we would like to see the antennas. We use those during the calibration testing to make sure they are working properly.

Does the case with "an antenna like cover on it" has an antenna connector to screw in a full size antenna? If so, then the case won't be changed.

The XDP can be used with all of our product for changing settings. We have never advertised the fact that the XDP could be used to upgrade the firmware (except for the Nano receivers).

We have never offered the harnesses for the Universal Module separately. We should probably look at doing that as we have recently had a lot of requests for that.
RCG Plus Member