SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 05, 2010, 05:06 AM
Munich, GERMANY
Joined May 2010
10 Posts
Graupnerīs iFS Service is more than excellent ...

I really agree with that: The service is more than excellent.

I also bought the iFS System on the basis that it is field flashable (no need to wait for equipment coming back or being lost on the postal way). A second reason has been the existance of a bi-directional (command acknoledge and telemetry in the future). All Graupner iFS equipment I have originally bought or sent in (in case it did not have a flashable CPU) was field-flashable (or replacement given without a hassle) in the end, thanks to the really excellent Graupner iFS Service.

I never did regret my first decision making to go for iFS/XPS. At this time, only Futaba and Spectrum DSM2 (apart from Corona and Asssan, which are not really very sophisticated) existed on the market. And even now, after a bunch of new additional vendors came in, I am still very happy with my initial decision making.

Wheather the system uses DSS or FHSS has been less important to me during my desicion making, as long as it works reliable enough (also for bigger and more expensive model airplanes). But it surely FHSS has some advantages over DSS, especially in case of other DSS 2.4 equipment in the same airplane (third party telemetry or video).

Some guys might not be happy or feel comfty with how Jim did it, but you should never underestimate the time/efforts needed to develop such a sophisticated 2.4 GHz system like XPS/iFS. Well done, Jim (seriously).
I am a happy iFS user so far and am curious about upoming new iFS/XPS hardware (just got my Nano-E receiver - WOW ! - makes me even more happy)
Cluster-Buster is offline Find More Posts by Cluster-Buster
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2010, 08:13 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,884 Posts
Firmware update for Nano receivers! We now have the ability to bind as slaves. So, you can bind multiple Nanos together now.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:48 AM
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Firmware update for Nano receivers! We now have the ability to bind as slaves. So, you can bind multiple Nanos together now.
That's great, Jim..... that's what I like about you and company..... you listen to what the customer wants and then you provide whenever possible !
JuanRodriguez is offline Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:53 AM
j.8
Joined Jun 2006
16 Posts
Hi Jim

Is it "only" the capability to make the nano work as a slave,
thatīs been changed in the new 1.4, or has something else
changed as well.

Don`t misunderstand me, a nano slave, is a great option.

Regards Bo
j.8 is offline Find More Posts by j.8
Old Aug 10, 2010, 01:34 PM
Hanover, Germany
Joined Oct 2009
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanRodriguez View Post
That's great, Jim..... that's what I like about you and company..... you listen to what the customer wants and then you provide whenever possible !
couldn't say it better
ktmraupe is offline Find More Posts by ktmraupe
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:09 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,884 Posts
All of the udpates since v1.0 are also included. Most of these are internal changes, but v1.3 introduced the reboot indicator. So, if your receiver reboots due to power loss the LED flashes slowly to let you know.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:52 PM
j.8
Joined Jun 2006
16 Posts
Hi

Ah ok, I allready have the 1.3 firmware in my nano reciever,
witch is mounted in a Trex450 pro, allmost completly surrounded
by the carbon fiber frames.

But I still get 164 feet in the range test (reduced transmitting strenght)
and that is when the reciever antenna is pointing straight towards the transmitter, it`s a very nice product you and your crew made.

Regards Bo
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:36 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,884 Posts
Yes, we are discovering that our testing prior to FCC testing isn't a fluke. The Nanos have better range than our full range receivers. They are more prone ot problems with mounting though due to their size.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 11, 2010, 03:22 AM
Australia, QLD, King Scrub
Joined Jun 2005
1,376 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Yes, we are discovering that our testing prior to FCC testing isn't a fluke. The Nanos have better range than our full range receivers. They are more prone ot problems with mounting though due to their size.
How about a little after market plastic case for the Nano, nice and sturdy and mountable where weight isn't too much of an issue. Something we could just drop the Nano into. Just a thought.
twang is offline Find More Posts by twang
Old Aug 11, 2010, 05:46 AM
j.8
Joined Jun 2006
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twang View Post
How about a little after market plastic case for the Nano, nice and sturdy and mountable where weight isn't too much of an issue. Something we could just drop the Nano into. Just a thought.
That would be a nice thing

Meanwhile I use some shink tubing

Regards Bo
Old Aug 11, 2010, 06:24 AM
JustFlying
Joined Dec 2005
2,429 Posts
For me the tubing is a better idea than a hard case if you need protection. (For the receiver, that is.) The case than has to be made for both the Nano-E and Nano-T where the tubing is "one fit all".
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
Old Aug 27, 2010, 12:23 AM
Joined Jun 2009
6 Posts
Older receivers??

Hello there

I am writing from finland, so please for give me if my english is nor so good. But, anyway. I bought a JR radio from my friend. The radio has XPS tx module and two receivers. Now I like to order more receivers. I do not know what is the firmware version. Previous owner do not know How old those gears are.

1. So do I have to update all the tx module and those two reveicers?
2. Where I can order those reveicers? (From the XPS -web pages?)

Regards,

Kamppi
Kamppi is offline Find More Posts by Kamppi
Old Aug 27, 2010, 10:21 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,884 Posts
The only way to know what version firmware you have is by using our XDP (or Graupner's version).

You don't ever "need" to update firmware. We have added many new features since v3.0 was released.

We do not sell to Europe. You would need to purchase receivers from Graupner.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 02, 2010, 04:15 PM
Enid, OK
Joined Jun 2006
64 Posts
Fantastic news about having a slave nano.. One or 2 more channels will be nice.. So, with my 2 nanos I can slave one to another?

Without the color changing leds, how do you slave a nano to a master nano? I cant find it in the manuals..

Thanks
sandyem16 is offline Find More Posts by sandyem16
Old Sep 02, 2010, 10:39 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,884 Posts
After putting the receiver into binding mode, you insert the jumper again and the LED will then turn solid (slave mode). You can do this as many times as you want for each slave receiver. The last receiver must be left in normal binding mode (flashing fast LED). When you then put the transmitter into binding mode, all of the receivers will bind to the transmitter and all of their LEDs will turn off. Power everything off and then back on... you have a master and as many slaves as you like.
RCG Plus Member