SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old May 09, 2010, 12:58 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
After installing the software (in administrator mode), did you plug in the XDP?
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old May 09, 2010, 05:16 PM
Joined Jan 2006
3 Posts
Yes I did. Whatever combination I try (having uninstalled and reinstalled etc) the device isn't recognised and the software will not run
Nick Kidd is offline Find More Posts by Nick Kidd
Old May 09, 2010, 11:28 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
The device must be recognized by Windows for any of the software to work!

Are you installing to the default locations?
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 10, 2010, 05:22 PM
nothing new under the sun
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
upgrade to V 3.8 I got a USB Failure

Hello,

I made upgrade from V 3.4 to 3.8 , on the RX all goes ok , but on the TX at the middle I got message "corrupted, USB Failure" when I tried again I have message telling me my transmiter is already in Version 3.8 ( which is confirmed with the XDP ) but how should I know that everything is ok , can I fly in security now ?
thank you
Dan

just checked if its working : I can't make binding anymore, the radio doesnt work, hope you can help , I thinkI will dont do anymore any update, the system was working good until now !
stick08 is offline Find More Posts by stick08
Last edited by stick08; Jun 10, 2010 at 06:06 PM. Reason: new elements
Old Jun 10, 2010, 06:35 PM
pyote,tx
Joined May 2007
226 Posts
i think you might have to use the reset option and then try to update again,,,but i am just thinking out loud
3ddd is offline Find More Posts by 3ddd
Old Jun 10, 2010, 07:04 PM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
I read somewhere to click on shift key while on "find device", then I got asked if I want to upgrade from 3.4 to 3.8 and this time instalation was fine !
I could made binding again , I would like to be sure my radio system is 100% OK. I see the green light on the back of my JR transmiter is blinking very fast is it normal ? ( I dont remember it was the case before ) on the Rx the green light is rock solid.

thank's
Dan
Old Jun 10, 2010, 09:09 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
Yes, if you hold the SHIFT key while clicking on the button to find the device, it will bypass the message about having already upgraded it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:28 AM
Norway
Joined Sep 2008
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick08 View Post
I read somewhere to click on shift key while on "find device", then I got asked if I want to upgrade from 3.4 to 3.8 and this time instalation was fine !
I could made binding again , I would like to be sure my radio system is 100% OK. I see the green light on the back of my JR transmiter is blinking very fast is it normal ? ( I dont remember it was the case before ) on the Rx the green light is rock solid.

thank's
Dan
Green light blinking very fast - means it is in a hopping mode.

JE
Doffen24 is offline Find More Posts by Doffen24
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:02 AM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doffen24 View Post
Green light blinking very fast - means it is in a hopping mode.

JE
thank's !
stick08

Hi,
did you mean that since IFS is Version 3 Hoping mode ( FHSS ) and wasn't before ? so wathever hoping mode choice ( 1 to 5 ) in version 3, led will allways blink green very fast ?
tks
Stick08
Last edited by stick08; Jun 11, 2010 at 07:47 AM. Reason: what means hoping mode ( FHSS ? )
Old Jun 11, 2010, 07:34 AM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Yes, if you hold the SHIFT key while clicking on the button to find the device, it will bypass the message about having already upgraded it.
Hello Jim ,

I have few questions if you can help :

1) after doing upgrade from 3.4 to 3.8 both TX/RX is it necessary to make range testing again at the field ?

2) for the range testing it is wrote ( both user manuals firmware v 3.0 + v 3.2 & 3.3 ) "from vesrion V3.0 and later power is 25 times lower than before when pressing prog. button ", do we have to do the test at a distance of 50 or 125 feets with or without the antenna ?
the later manual firmware 3.2 , 3.3 (Feb 2009) wrote= 125 FEET = 40 Meters
the older manual firmware 3.0 ( Nov 2008) wrote = 50 FEET = 15 Meters so 40 or 15 Meters distance ?

3) my TX is now V.3.8 as are my two RX , but in one electric Jet that flies without any issues my RX is still V3.4, I would like not to upgrade to V3.8 ( too many electric connections ) is it possible ?

thank you Jim !
Dan
Old Jun 11, 2010, 10:33 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
You don't "need" to upgrade firmware ever.

Range test should be no less than 125 feet with the antenna ON and the PROG button held down.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 11, 2010, 11:33 AM
Joined Jun 2006
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
You don't "need" to upgrade firmware ever.

Range test should be no less than 125 feet with the antenna ON and the PROG button held down.
Thank's Jim ,
Can you please answer to my other questions ,
also since I made upgrade to V3.8 on two RX I have Many times yellow/Orange led rock solid sometimes blinking, what that mean in V3.8 ?
I do not have this Yellow led since long time when in V3.4
I use for test Lipo 3S -1300MAH with regulator setled at 5.75 V , I dont have this on the RX that is still in V3.4 ( the one I'm flying in a Electric JET )
can I fly with this yellow/orange LEd ?
thank you
Dan
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
If the receiver LED is green when you power up your system and it turns orange, it means that the input voltage to the receiver has dropped below 4.4v.

If the LED flashes orange, it means that the receiver rebooted. This could be from you unplugging it after connected and plugging it back in too.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
We have released a v2.2 updater. This removes the warning about already having the same version firmware. It also fixes the version number problem, and removes the possibility of accidentally updating a nano receiver.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 15, 2010, 06:41 AM
Joined Jun 2010
4 Posts
Upgraded but can't reflash

Last year I sent my system in for the full upgrade. I recently decided to upgrade firmware - 8 receivers upgraded successfully to V3.8. Tx is currently on V3.4, but reports on XDP that the CPU is not re-flashable. What gives?
victorg is offline Find More Posts by victorg