SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by JimDrew, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 08:35 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
Only the MC series will have this ability initially.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:42 PM
Proud RC Addict
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
I was able to use the updater to update my Tx from 3.2 to 3.8. I can't get either 3.2 or 3.8 to connect with TxDiag though. It first prompts to bind, which I do, and it tells me the firmware virsion and Tx type, then it says to power cycle and then click connect. I do that but connect just times out. It never seems to connect. After 10 seconds or so the connect button re-enables but no change in the TxDiag program.

I can however see output from RSSI and Analyze.
dennisjm is offline Find More Posts by dennisjm
Old Apr 27, 2010, 12:21 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
TxDiag does not work in hopping modes 2-5.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:36 AM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Oh, makes sense. Seems like I don't really need it anyway do I? I was just testing out the different programs. Perhaps tonight I'll have time to set all the failsafes on my new Nanos.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:27 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
More problems.

I connected my 6 channel park flyer receiver to updater 2.1.
Clicked Updgrade device. It was writing along and all of a sudden it said "write error, data corrupted." Hm. Tried again, same thing.

Disconnected everything, connected again and this time the write got further but it eventually errored with the same thing. Now, I can't get it to work at all. Won't even try to write and and I can't connect Tx to it either

Thoughts?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:45 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Fixed it by moving the Rx closer to XDP. Hm. It wasn't that far away to begin with. Oh well.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:58 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
Please note that the NANO receivers do not have an updater for them.

If you have a wireless router close by, or someone is using the microwave oven (yes, really), these can cause the signal issues that you experienced.
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 27, 2010, 09:36 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Hm, my wireless router is downstairs but the computer the XDP is connected to is connected to the wireless router. Maybe that is it.

I was programming the older larger 6 channel Rx. Worked fine. Even blinked orange when I rebooted it after re-binding it to my Tx. Cool.
Old May 01, 2010, 02:07 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Finished updating the rest of my stuff this morning. Is there plans to have the Nano Rxs do the same functionality (3.8 reboot blink)? Seems a reboot on the Nanos is not as likely. Even less likely on the new higher channel receivers. I like that. Just curious if there is an updater in the works for the new Rxs.
Old May 01, 2010, 05:47 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
There is not an updated yet for the Nanos. This will require some real work on my part to accomplish it since the memory layout is completely different from our previous products, but I will have to do it at some point for all of the new hardware.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 01, 2010, 07:01 PM
Proud RC Addict
Joined Nov 2009
1,565 Posts
Seems like I recall a comment from one of the threads that all new hardware forward will be in-field upgradable?
Old May 01, 2010, 08:31 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
Yes, it will. But the new hardware, using the new RF chipset (like what the nano receivers use) is not yet available.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 06, 2010, 04:47 PM
Joined Jul 2005
56 Posts
upgraded now what?

Quick turn around on the updates! I thought my stuff would be gone long enough for the weather here to get warm - still cold in northern Michigan.
I got all my equipment back, will I have to rebind all the rec'vrs? Reset all the failsafes? Is the XPD ready to go or do I have to download up to date software?

Thanks, John
Nitroholic is offline Find More Posts by Nitroholic
Old May 07, 2010, 01:24 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,939 Posts
Yes, you will have to rebind all receivers and set new failsafes. You will want the latest XDP software.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 09, 2010, 09:15 AM
Joined Jan 2006
3 Posts
Installation problems

Jim

I cannot get the updater to install. The library FTD2XX.DLL appears to be missing. If you try to run Analyzer, "Xtremelink.gif" is missing.

In addition the PC will not find any drivers for the unit when plugged in. I have tried various reinstallations but the result is the same. Any thoughts?

Cheers
Nick Kidd is offline Find More Posts by Nick Kidd