HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2001, 06:44 AM
Okemos, Michigan
Joined Feb 2001
277 Posts
New Zagi almost done! Ready for maiden flight!

Hello,

I finished off my zagi Monday. I tested out the speed controler like the manual suggested to. I was wondering if the 6v motor is supposed to arch like crazy? I have two other sp400 7.2v motors one Graupner and one (permax?) and they don't seem to arch as much as the zagi stock motor. Should I swap out for one of those? I don't see any problems with the stock one, just noticed the extreme arching. Even my RC cars don't arch that much with the crappy stock motor.

Another Zagi question, I have a gearbox 1.7:1 and some props. I can direct drive other non stock props. Anyone see any performance enhancement by updating speed 400 equipment? (I also have a higher amp speedy that will handle the extra load.)

-- Sean
Crete1 is offline Find More Posts by Crete1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2001, 10:35 AM
Profiled Interfraction
Tacoma,WA USA
Joined Jun 2001
3,958 Posts
Did you break your motor in ?.

Stick with the 6 volt.

When your ready to go faster, go with the Turbo450 setup.
William A is offline Find More Posts by William A