Art-Tech 2.4 Radio
I got these specs from the Art-Tech Website today. It appears that they are offering a hopping 2.4 Gig radio system. No pricing info yet.
2.4GHz R/C System(C#)
The latest developed product of ART-TECH RC hobby corporation the 2.4GHz RC system uses digital frequency-hopping technology, it has enormous advantage compared with traditional system: no crystal, no frequency interference, short antenna length and low power consumption.
★Number of channels: 6
★Charging jack: yes
★3D switch: yes
★Power supply: 12 V (1.5V * 8AA batteries)
★R/C distance: ≥350m
★Voltage Display: LCD
★Antenna length: 15 cm
★Using occasions: aircraft, helicopters
1. Using advanced technology of digital frequency hopping and inserting address code, the limited spectrum can be fully utilized to avoid interference with the frequency.
2. Using highly-integrated frequency synthesizing technology, the microprocessor can automatically preset and set frequencies. Therefore, using a set of 2.4 GHz remote control system, there is no need to change crystal.
3. With new digital technology, 2.4GHz remote control system has such features as fast response, high accuracy and no servo jitter.
4. 2.4Ghz remote control system uses GFSK modulation, power amplifier works only at the time when data is being transmitted, thus shortening the working time, so as to extending the using times of remote controller after a charge.
5. 2.4 GHz wireless remote control system has short antenna length. The length of the antenna is usually 1/4 of the frequency wavelength. As the wavelength of 2.4 GHz frequency is short, 2.4 GHz equipment can be operated more flexible than regular remote control devices.
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
I suspect their radio module and Rx is manufactured by:
which also produce OEM Corona receivers.
A set consisting of a RF module and a Rx can be found for $60, allowing any Futaba / Hitec radio or other compatible to be converted to 2.4G.
I have no idea about the real maker but there is a slightly lower-end version of this (only four channels at the Tx, no flashy "chrome" trim) in the new Wing Dragon HL from Hobby-Lobby. First impressions are quite good (I put about 50 minutes on the airplane as part of work for a review last Friday).
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Discussion||Is it me, or am I the only one that not rushed to get a 2.4 radio?||psycho_klown66||Radios||104||Jul 28, 2008 07:22 PM|
|Discussion||2.4 radio? why bother?||Nethole||Electric Plane Talk||22||Jan 16, 2007 03:14 PM|
|Discussion||2.4 radio||sodman12||Aerial Photography||6||Sep 16, 2006 05:30 PM|
|FS Hi Tech Laser 4 Radio||brucie1dog||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||0||Mar 21, 2004 12:37 PM|
|FS: Hi-tech Laser 4 Radio and GWS 4-channel "Dream Starter" Radio||Joe Mojica||Aircraft - Electric - Airplanes (FS/W)||7||Sep 29, 2003 03:13 PM|