HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2008, 03:43 PM
Flying Fatboy
Tampa, FL
Joined Apr 2003
1,295 Posts
Discussion
Art-Tech 2.4 Radio

I got these specs from the Art-Tech Website today. It appears that they are offering a hopping 2.4 Gig radio system. No pricing info yet.

2.4GHz R/C System(C#)

The latest developed product of ART-TECH RC hobby corporation the 2.4GHz RC system uses digital frequency-hopping technology, it has enormous advantage compared with traditional system: no crystal, no frequency interference, short antenna length and low power consumption.

Specific parameters:
★Number of channels: 6
★Charging jack: yes
★3D switch: yes
★Power supply: 12 V (1.5V * 8AA batteries)
★Modulation: GFSK
★R/C distance: ≥350m
★Voltage Display: LCD
★Color: Black
★Antenna length: 15 cm
★Using occasions: aircraft, helicopters

Characteristics:
1. Using advanced technology of digital frequency hopping and inserting address code, the limited spectrum can be fully utilized to avoid interference with the frequency.

2. Using highly-integrated frequency synthesizing technology, the microprocessor can automatically preset and set frequencies. Therefore, using a set of 2.4 GHz remote control system, there is no need to change crystal.

3. With new digital technology, 2.4GHz remote control system has such features as fast response, high accuracy and no servo jitter.

4. 2.4Ghz remote control system uses GFSK modulation, power amplifier works only at the time when data is being transmitted, thus shortening the working time, so as to extending the using times of remote controller after a charge.

5. 2.4 GHz wireless remote control system has short antenna length. The length of the antenna is usually 1/4 of the frequency wavelength. As the wavelength of 2.4 GHz frequency is short, 2.4 GHz equipment can be operated more flexible than regular remote control devices.
Gordito Volador is offline Find More Posts by Gordito Volador
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 09, 2008, 10:32 AM
Romania, Dolj, Craiova
Joined Sep 2007
15,183 Posts
I suspect their radio module and Rx is manufactured by:

http://www.ez-contrl.com/Products.htm

which also produce OEM Corona receivers.
A set consisting of a RF module and a Rx can be found for $60, allowing any Futaba / Hitec radio or other compatible to be converted to 2.4G.
renatoa is online now Find More Posts by renatoa
Old Jan 05, 2009, 08:36 PM
BEC
Auburn, Washington USA
Joined Jan 2001
12,940 Posts
I have no idea about the real maker but there is a slightly lower-end version of this (only four channels at the Tx, no flashy "chrome" trim) in the new Wing Dragon HL from Hobby-Lobby. First impressions are quite good (I put about 50 minutes on the airplane as part of work for a review last Friday).
BEC is offline Find More Posts by BEC