HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 08, 2008, 07:44 AM
NE England
Joined Jul 2002
199 Posts
Discussion
Top U/C For Inverted Take-Offs and Landings

During the coming Winter building season (thinking ahead here) I want to build a model which has an u/c on top of the fuz, as well as the normal under-hanging u/c

Yep, I want to try some inverted take-offs and landings. I've seen models like this previously on web-pages but, now that I've decided to build my own "upsydownsy," I just can't find any information - can anyone point me in the right direction?

In the meantime, here's what I'm thinking: I want to use one of my Saito engine (probably a .72, maybe .82 . . . . but I have larger lumps, if this turns-out to be necessary) and I guess that mounting the engine sidewinder makes a lot of sense for this kind of design. I need the model to have a wide cord FunFly-type wing, and I plan on making it a tail-dragger

Of course the top-side tail-wheel will need some thought . . . . perhaps halving the height of a normal v-stab, and then building half of it above and half of it below the fuz would help the anticipated tail-wheel-fixing problems? Or, on the other hand, perhaps the lower u/c could be tail-dragger and the top-side one could be a tricycle-type . . . . did I mention that "odder is better" where this particular model's concerned!

Any ideas/thoughts will be appreciated

Tony
T.W. is offline Find More Posts by T.W.
to remove ads between posts