HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2001, 12:20 PM
Central, Wisconsin, USA
Joined Oct 2000
107 Posts
Crazy Sparrow has anyone built one.

I need some help with the wings. I am having trouble making them fit into the sides of the airplane. I don't really want to force them has anyone had this problem, and how were you able to get the wings through the sides of the airplane, or did you have to sand the foam to get the wings to fit? I would really appreciate any help!!! Thanks
karl446 is offline Find More Posts by karl446
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2001, 12:59 PM
Registered Snoozer
San Francisco, CA, USA
Joined Jul 1999
6,140 Posts
Karl:

You need to very carefully determine where it's binding and then lightly sand the opening in the fuse to allow the wings to slide through. The wings should be a snug fit, so don't sand too much off. I found that it worked well to use epoxy for joining the wings with the doublers at the spar, and then use foam-friendly CA to glue the area where the wings pass through the fuse. If you search for Crazy Sparrow using the discussion forum search function (upper right hand corner), you will find some other threads on the CS with various construction tips.

Neil
Neil Morse is offline Find More Posts by Neil Morse
Old Jul 11, 2001, 05:56 PM
Central, Wisconsin, USA
Joined Oct 2000
107 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Neil Morse:
Karl:

You need to very carefully determine where it's binding and then lightly sand the opening in the fuse to allow the wings to slide through. The wings should be a snug fit, so don't sand too much off. I found that it worked well to use epoxy for joining the wings with the doublers at the spar, and then use foam-friendly CA to glue the area where the wings pass through the fuse. If you search for Crazy Sparrow using the discussion forum search function (upper right hand corner), you will find some other threads on the CS with various construction tips.

Neil
Thanks Neil!!!! I just was not sure what to do and I did not want to take any risk on cracking the airplane.
karl446 is offline Find More Posts by karl446
Old Sep 05, 2001, 09:08 AM
West Dundee, IL, USA
Joined Jul 2001
845 Posts
Yea, you don't want to sand too much off. I sheared the wings off during an outside loop with my much-loved Sparrow. You need to make sure that the wings are glued and fit well where they join the fuse.

I didn't and I sure miss that plane.
tekochip is offline Find More Posts by tekochip