HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 06, 2008, 06:38 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,444 Posts
Turnigy despite being "cheap" has quickly developed a very good reputation for being solid performers...I will be using them in the future.

Dr Kiwi has a very solid reputation for conducting very solid and reliable testing on products. If he says it works, it works.
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2008, 03:58 AM
old pilot
Rapid City SD
Joined Dec 2007
3,822 Posts
Cappaj, looks like us old guys, Stan and I, are a minority here. We don't go through all the details (work, and we're retired) of planning for all the fancy stuff like you young guys do. We're just having great fun with the good old cheap and simple SC. When you get older you do fun stuff the easy way .

Stan, I don't know what to tell you about how to do smileys. On my screen when I post they're in a box on the right and I just put the cursor where I want in the text and then click on one. We know you're smiling anyway HEHE.

Icky
Ickarusmelt is offline Find More Posts by Ickarusmelt
Old Jul 07, 2008, 07:57 AM
Old Bold Pilot
Holiday, Fl. USA
Joined Apr 2007
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickarusmelt
Cappaj, looks like us old guys, Stan and I, are a minority here. We don't go through all the details (work, and we're retired) of planning for all the fancy stuff like you young guys do. We're just having great fun with the good old cheap and simple SC. When you get older you do fun stuff the easy way .

Stan, I don't know what to tell you about how to do smileys. On my screen when I post they're in a box on the right and I just put the cursor where I want in the text and then click on one. We know you're smiling anyway HEHE.

Icky
Icky,
You're a philosopher, as well. We'll have to start a thread on the good side of being old. (when you know where you're going) Thanks for including me in this fun forum, and the tip about the "smileys" Happy flying.
Stan
Stan Richardson is offline Find More Posts by Stan Richardson
Old Jul 08, 2008, 03:56 AM
old pilot
Rapid City SD
Joined Dec 2007
3,822 Posts
Yup. Us old guys have learned to think first instead of just charging ahead and crashing into things. That's why we're still here . Getting old means having learned how to sort out BS so you can just ignore it and just have fun Icky
Ickarusmelt is offline Find More Posts by Ickarusmelt
Old Jul 08, 2008, 08:23 AM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,688 Posts
"..looks like us old guys, Stan and I, are a minority here..."

Getting old is good. And much better than the alternative. I was 66 this year and don't find it to be a handicap at all.

I get seven Saturdays a week, and can go flying or take a nap any time I feel like it.

Life is good!

Jack
jackerbes is offline Find More Posts by jackerbes
Old Jul 08, 2008, 08:30 AM
Canadian Bacon
Kingston, Canada
Joined Jun 2004
12,556 Posts
I feel better now at 71 than I did when I was 30, 40, 50, when I was beating the sh## out of myself doing things I shouldn't have.

Gord.
flypaper 2 is offline Find More Posts by flypaper 2
Old Jul 08, 2008, 08:38 AM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,845 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2
Hard to add in the price of a batt. unless you add in the price of glow fuel for the next couple of yrs., to the price of the glow motor.
This may be true, but you don't have to pay for that couple years worth of glow fuel all at once.

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Jul 08, 2008, 11:39 AM
Old Bold Pilot
Holiday, Fl. USA
Joined Apr 2007
384 Posts
Old age?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypaper 2
I feel better now at 71 than I did when I was 30, 40, 50, when I was beating the sh## out of myself doing things I shouldn't have.

Gord.
Icky, Jack, Gord,
That's right guys, Just remember at 82 I'm the senior member here (I give the guys in my club a fit because I'm the oldest guy) so Y'all better listen when I speak!
Stan
Old Jul 08, 2008, 08:41 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,688 Posts
Okay Stan,

But in my version of geezervillle, just because you speak and we listen, that is no assurance that that you are right or that you'll get the last word in. :>)

Jack
Old Jul 08, 2008, 09:19 PM
Old Bold Pilot
Holiday, Fl. USA
Joined Apr 2007
384 Posts
Last word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackerbes
Okay Stan,

But in my version of geezervillle, just because you speak and we listen, that is no assurance that that you are right or that you'll get the last word in. :>)

Jack
Sounds like fun. But about that last word, you don't know what a "motor mouth" (Navy title) I am. Just to stay on topic, I'm almost done updating my SC, just need to solder in some Deans connectors. Tried her out yesterday with one of my Bellanca bats, and the throttle was reversed in TX so with the throttle closed (I thought you should have seen her go across my bench scattering tools and stuff. ) scratch one prop. Luckily I have another. That one that comes on the SC is weird, fitting on the nut behind. Maybe I'll find out how to fit a different one on the prop shaft. Any suggestions? See? This is a short one
Stan
Old Jul 09, 2008, 05:25 PM
Jack
USA, ME, Ellsworth
Joined May 2008
16,688 Posts
I know about motormouths. And may have even been one occasionally.

I finally got tired of the Navy and quit. I gave it 26 years and went away as a Senior Chief (probably motor mouthed my way out of Master Chief). I retired in 1990 and it seems so long ago and far away...

I miss a lot of the people and places but I don't miss the Navy. It turned into something that made me think, act, and look like a dinosaur and I was happy to go away.

Oh yeah, I was a CTRCS, a "ditty bopper", and can still copy 10-15 WPM any day.

Jack