SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 28, 2003, 02:53 PM
Pueblo Colorado
Joined Mar 2002
620 Posts
any good link on How to balance blades?

Some pics would b nice......

I have a couple of balancer but they dont seem to move or shift untill i put a lot of tape on one or the other.

Ep concept has vibration at low head speed. Vibraition gone at half stic. Tracking is dead on even w/ the foam blades.

Current balancer:

Dubro
and Helimax
thazy2 is offline Find More Posts by thazy2
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 28, 2003, 06:20 PM
San Carlos, California, United States
Joined May 2002
7,640 Posts
I would recommend using the KSJ-528 blade balancer...it works very well for me.

Toshi
TMorita is offline Find More Posts by TMorita
Old Jan 29, 2003, 12:24 PM
Pueblo Colorado
Joined Mar 2002
620 Posts
thats the one i have...........already

OMG you almost half to put the entire roll of tape on the blade the to get it to move. I think there is too much friction. It seems smooth enough but i guess the foamy blades r too light...
thazy2 is offline Find More Posts by thazy2
Old Jan 29, 2003, 01:33 PM
Victim of Gravity
Cary, NC
Joined Sep 2001
814 Posts
I balanced my Raptor blades using a threaded rod with a couple of washers & nuts, a small hobby vise, and a razor blade. HEre's my method:

1) Bolt the blades together with the threaded rod. I do this with the leading edge down on a flat surface to make sure they're straight, and the tips pointing away from each other. The rod acts like a balance so I can figure out which blade is heavier and mark it as such.

2) Clamp a razor blade in the vise, and balance the blades on it individually to find their spanwise CG's.

3) If the CG's are noticably different, hold the blades together and mark the CG from the heavy blade on the lighter blade.

4) Add tape to the tip/root of the lighter blade until it's spanwise CG matches the heavy blade.

5) Bolt the blades back together and add tape at the spanwise CG's to get the blades to the same weight.

Obviously, this method doesn't match the chordwise CG's - but I don't think I'll notice at my skill level.

If you're gonna buy a balancer, I hear the KSJ-528 (Toshi's recommendation) is very good.

KC
K.C. is offline Find More Posts by K.C.