Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTinchler
And now a word from JFK

"For we are opposed around the world, by a monolithic and ruthless conspiracy"

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=624_1172471715

"but I am asking for your help, in informing and alerting the American people"

I have posted that video several times and it just gets ignored by the lets say "mainstreamers" (for lack of any other term).

As far as my opinion goes, I'm with you sir, just can't get it out on the keyboard like you can, thanks.
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Old Jul 08, 2008, 08:29 PM
Canada, ON, Acton
Joined Oct 2003
2,124 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizter68
Obviously the elevators were not "sealed off" if the NYFD was using them to run personell up the towers, and as for the "bomb going off", you ever hear an exploding transformer? There were several in the towers, including those in the lower levels; a sufficient spike in current (such as might be created by the vast number of short-circuits that would be caused by a 145,000 pound airliner smashing into the building) can blow a tansformer.
A tansformer (transformer) makes a distinct type of sound when and if it explodes. Most vent like a Nimh battery and start on fire. Most large transformers and substations are isolated by a special rooms constructed of extra thick concrete walls in case such an event occurs the problem is contained. During the summer months in my pre-teens I went to work with my father (50 years with Ontario Hydro and Burlington Hydro) to watch what he did because I was bored after my best friend moved away.
I saw alot, learned alot about transformers. I am no expert but, I do know a transformer explosion cannot creat the damage that was done on the lower 8 floors of the WTC1 & 2 nor does it make a typical expolsive type sound as heard in the videos by the firemen on that day.

Besides, if there were short CCT's breakers would go well before a transformer.
BACKEMFNRG is offline Find More Posts by BACKEMFNRG
Last edited by BACKEMFNRG; Jul 08, 2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2008, 09:01 PM
In Development Now
Joined May 2005
448 Posts
So now after months of having one theory after another destroyed on this forum, the conspiracy moves down into the basement.

Typical.
Indiana_Geoff is online now Find More Posts by Indiana_Geoff
Old Jul 08, 2008, 09:53 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2005
1,038 Posts
Geoff, it was headed there sooner or later...and the transformer is only an example.

And BTW Ray, yes, a transformer explosion can cause quite a bit of damage...it depends on the size of the transformer. I heard a large utility one blow last year, and it did sound like a bomb going off...enough that I (who have heard bombs go "BOOM" in close proximity) thought it was a bomb...but the nightly news let me in on the skinny...there was an overload, the breakers did NOT pop, but the transformer sure as hell did....
Twizter68 is offline Find More Posts by Twizter68
Old Jul 08, 2008, 10:38 PM
Against it with you
Houston, TX
Joined Feb 2006
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
It's just another example of someone considering a question as being the same as evidence.

"If the sky is not the same as the ocean, why are both blue?"
Jews. Obviously.
Sprydle is offline Find More Posts by Sprydle
Old Jul 08, 2008, 11:13 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprydle
Jews. Obviously.

Blue Jews?

As in, she blue a Jew?

(Am in trouble for that one?)
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Jul 08, 2008, 11:22 PM
Against it with you
Houston, TX
Joined Feb 2006
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto
Blue Jews?

As in, she blue a Jew?

(Am in trouble for that one?)
Blue meanies!

Old Jul 09, 2008, 07:04 AM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprydle
Blue meanies!

A great line in the movie, when the blue meanies interrogate Jeremy:

"You don't look bluish."
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Jul 09, 2008, 09:15 AM
Motorsports for Life!
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2008
535 Posts
A transformer like this could ruin 8 levels.....................
Fox Rider 4 is offline Find More Posts by Fox Rider 4
Old Jul 09, 2008, 10:33 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizter68
Geoff, it was headed there sooner or later...and the transformer is only an example.

And BTW Ray, yes, a transformer explosion can cause quite a bit of damage...it depends on the size of the transformer. I heard a large utility one blow last year, and it did sound like a bomb going off...enough that I (who have heard bombs go "BOOM" in close proximity) thought it was a bomb...but the nightly news let me in on the skinny...there was an overload, the breakers did NOT pop, but the transformer sure as hell did....
The transformers hanging on the power line poles down the street from me occasionally blow up in thunderstorms when a tree branch falls across the wires and pulls them down or creates a short.

These transformers are about the size of a five gallon paint bucket, and when they explode they can be clearly heard for blocks. They sound like a half stick of dynamite going off. I can only imagine what a really large commercial one would sound like.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Jul 09, 2008, 10:35 AM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,038 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectRick
The transformers hanging on the power line poles down the street from me occasionally blow up in thunderstorms when a tree branch falls across the wires and pulls them down or creates a short.

These transformers are about the size of a five gallon paint bucket, and when they explode they can be clearly heard for blocks. They sound like a half stick of dynamite going off. I can only imagine what a really large commercial one would sound like.

Rick
Very possibly like a "Bomb-like" explosion.

Of course, such a thought will meet with resistance from the TFH CT crowd, because it doesn't fit into the CT.

Confirmation Bias at it's finest.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jul 09, 2008, 11:14 AM
Motorsports for Life!
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2008
535 Posts
I don't think a transformer could do such damage
Fox Rider 4 is offline Find More Posts by Fox Rider 4
Old Jul 09, 2008, 11:17 AM
"Cracking Toast Grommit!"
Sanford, NC
Joined Feb 2005
679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Rider 4
Maybe not, but it could be the source of the explosive sound.

The damage, terrorism.
metalbuggy is offline Find More Posts by metalbuggy
Old Jul 09, 2008, 11:27 AM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Rider 4
Why don't you think so?

These large transformers are usually sealed containers filled with lots of copper wire and oil, as an insulator and for cooling. Sounds pretty potentially destructive in an explosion to me--but I'm no expert.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Jul 09, 2008, 11:39 AM
Against it with you
Houston, TX
Joined Feb 2006
80 Posts
They can be quite violent. A buddy of mine had a large chunk of shrapnel crash through his window and set his bed alight from an exploding transformer. Luckily he was home at the time, so it wasn't too serious.

Power transformer explodes (3 min 38 sec)
Closed Thread