Closed Thread
Old Jul 08, 2008, 03:04 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprydle
I would suggest spending less time on the Internet and more time dating girls.
I submit that he's perhaps already struck out thoroughly while attempting the latter, hence our being graced with these goofy conspiracy theories.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Jul 08, 2008, 03:11 PM
Eye Drather Beef Lying
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Aug 2002
2,696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprydle
Considering the general ineptitude of the current administration, how likely is it that they could pull off the detailed planning required to make it appear that Islamic fundamentalists were responsible for 9/11 and keep it all a secret?
This is the single most compelling argument for 9/11 being a genuine attack by Muslim extremists that can be presented by anyone. It stretches the boundaries of credulity to suggest this administration could ever manage to clandestinely fund and coordinate such a massive undertaking, pull it off successfully, AND manage to keep all the scores of parties who'd have to have been involved--absolutely quiet for all this time.

It's virtually impossible--from ANY administration, let alone this one.

Rick
ElectRick is offline Find More Posts by ElectRick
Old Jul 08, 2008, 03:17 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,465 Posts
For Fox Rider 4

Sorry, not Martians.

(I do not mean to offend anyone by making light of 9/11. The purpose of this image is to ridicule those that rely on internet posted photos and films as evidence of conspiracies.)
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Jul 08, 2008, 03:37 PM
Motorsports for Life!
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Joined Jun 2008
535 Posts
Lol nice!
Fox Rider 4 is offline Find More Posts by Fox Rider 4
Old Jul 08, 2008, 03:47 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2005
1,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Rider 4
Well if you heard, they said the elevators were offline and airtight, allowing nothing to fall and nothing could reach down to the lobby, how did the lobby get wrecked then?
Obviously the elevators were not "sealed off" if the NYFD was using them to run personell up the towers, and as for the "bomb going off", you ever hear an exploding transformer? There were several in the towers, including those in the lower levels; a sufficient spike in current (such as might be created by the vast number of short-circuits that would be caused by a 145,000 pound airliner smashing into the building) can blow a tansformer.
Twizter68 is offline Find More Posts by Twizter68
Old Jul 08, 2008, 04:05 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizter68
Obviously the elevators were not "sealed off" if the NYFD was using them to run personell up the towers, and as for the "bomb going off", you ever hear an exploding transformer? There were several in the towers, including those in the lower levels; a sufficient spike in current (such as might be created by the vast number of short-circuits that would be caused by a 145,000 pound airliner smashing into the building) can blow a tansformer.

There are currently approximately 18,000 files in my sound FX library that sound like an "explosion", most of which are not actual explosions at all. One of my favorite and most employed is actually a bowling ball dropped into a swimming pool with ice on it.

All this "evidence" that consists of "It looked like" or "it sounded like" are speculative hokum. A thousand things "look like" or "sound like" a thousand other things.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Jul 08, 2008, 04:21 PM
Hi ya! Car ride!?
Portage La Prairie, Manitoba Canada
Joined Sep 2003
731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in Toronto
For Fox Rider 4

Sorry, not Martians.

(I do not mean to offend anyone by making light of 9/11. The purpose of this image is to ridicule those that rely on internet posted photos and films as evidence of conspiracies.)
Darth Vader?!
Sport Flyer is offline Find More Posts by Sport Flyer
Old Jul 08, 2008, 05:04 PM
Owns an Evil Black Rifle
United States, TX, Weatherford
Joined Dec 2005
1,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrsudog
There are currently approximately 18,000 files in my sound FX library that sound like an "explosion", most of which are not actual explosions at all. One of my favorite and most employed is actually a bowling ball dropped into a swimming pool with ice on it.

All this "evidence" that consists of "It looked like" or "it sounded like" are speculative hokum. A thousand things "look like" or "sound like" a thousand other things.

Precisely; what the CT's assume (and you know what assuming something does ) is a bomb going "pow" may be something as simple as an elevator car, cables severed, crashing down at the bottom of the shaft, or some other extremely plausible answer.
Twizter68 is offline Find More Posts by Twizter68
Old Jul 08, 2008, 05:13 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twizter68
Precisely; what the CT's assume (and you know what assuming something does ) is a bomb going "pow" may be something as simple as an elevator car, cables severed, crashing down at the bottom of the shaft, or some other extremely plausible answer.

For all we know, it might just have been a very big bowling ball falling into a large pool with ice on the surface. I mean, if no one ever saw tons of explosives being put in place, maybe they never saw the frozen pool and bowling ball either.
Old Jul 08, 2008, 06:08 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
My "Opinion" re this thread, and the other one

Re the "Bomb in the Lobby" vid:

A "dust cloud" arises from falling debris.

A bomb blast causes an outrush, followed by an inrush back towards origin. Think of it like this. The EXplosion is followed rapidly by an IMplosion effect. A much different visual than the dust cloud evidenced in the mentioned video.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jul 08, 2008, 06:25 PM
Permanently Banned
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Dec 2002
64 Posts
Quote:

What do you have in seismic recordings from closeby university departments, comparable to recordings of explosions that did not coincide - in fact, slightly preceded - the airplane impacts?

For them to have been recorded by university departments around that area, there would have had to be coupling of the explosion with the ground, implying explosions that would have to happen underground - the airplane impacts, properly compensated for the delays of sound having to travel through the ground to the point of recording show themselves to be distinct and separate from these initial explosions preceding impact on the seismograms.

There is at least one excellent study that is not "looked like" or "sounded like" but carefully and scientifically correlated the video the researcher himself recorded on the opposite bank in Jersey - not some manipulated tape from some archive or TV team but his very own realtime recording - against seismological records of a closeby university.

And then there are several explosions reported by TV reporters and in some cases recording the explosions as they were heard, live.

Ah, but ANYTHING is possible if large structural members can fall in free fall without any appreciable drag, in normal acceleration due to gravity, can't it?
iwannarc is offline Find More Posts by iwannarc
Old Jul 08, 2008, 06:33 PM
Permanently Banned
San Jose, California, United States
Joined Dec 2002
64 Posts
Quote:
For all we know, it might just have been a very big bowling ball falling into a large pool with ice on the surface. I mean, if no one ever saw tons of explosives being put in place, maybe they never saw the frozen pool and bowling ball either.
Except for the first hand reports of the janitor, who helped a man who was seriously injured by that explosion get to help. And this self-same janitor was a hero, having the only master key for all the doors of the building, repeatedly reentering the building and letting several people pass through previously locked doors...hardly the figment of somebody's imagination - especially the seriously injured man! http://www.williambowles.info/911/controlled_demo2.html
iwannarc is offline Find More Posts by iwannarc
Old Jul 08, 2008, 06:36 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannarc
What do you have in seismic recordings from closeby university departments, comparable to recordings of explosions that did not coincide - in fact, slightly preceded - the airplane impacts?

For them to have been recorded by university departments around that area, there would have had to be coupling of the explosion with the ground, implying explosions that would have to happen underground - the airplane impacts, properly compensated for the delays of sound having to travel through the ground to the point of recording show themselves to be distinct and separate from these initial explosions preceding impact on the seismograms.

There is at least one excellent study that is not "looked like" or "sounded like" but carefully and scientifically correlated the video the researcher himself recorded on the opposite bank in Jersey - not some manipulated tape from some archive or TV team but his very own realtime recording - against seismological records of a closeby university.

And then there are several explosions reported by TV reporters and in some cases recording the explosions as they were heard, live.

Ah, but ANYTHING is possible if large structural members can fall in free fall without any appreciable drag, in normal acceleration due to gravity, can't it?

You have absolutely zero valid forensic evidence that supports your claims; claims that you seem to feel compelled to make rather than concede the possibility that some of your fellow Muslims hijacked four planes and killed three thousand innocent people.
Old Jul 08, 2008, 06:39 PM
Trons and Fumes
Fallon, NV
Joined Mar 2007
5,024 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannarc
Except for the first hand reports of the janitor, who helped a man who was seriously injured by that explosion get to help. And this self-same janitor was a hero, having the only master key for all the doors of the building, repeatedly reentering the building and letting several people pass through previously locked doors...hardly the figment of somebody's imagination - especially the seriously injured man! http://www.williambowles.info/911/controlled_demo2.html
Reading the description in the article you link, it sure sounds like a good description of "flashover" or "backblast." I see that they generally avoid coming right out and lying when they avoid stating that it "is a bomb." It was a "bomb-like explosion." Yeah, I am "convinced," that their tinfoil is slipping.
wrightme is offline Find More Posts by wrightme
Old Jul 08, 2008, 06:59 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
It's just another example of someone considering a question as being the same as evidence.

"If the sky is not the same as the ocean, why are both blue?"
Closed Thread