HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by lmopar69, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jul 03, 2008, 02:39 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
United States, NE, Doniphan
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
Alert
New news from Afghanistan... LOOK!!!

Hey folks, do me a huge favor and take 5 min to check this out. My great freinds in the RC business have hooked us up in a HUGE way over here. More info here... (Im diggin the t-shirts on the site too!)

www.BagramRCClub.com

Laine.
lmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by lmopar69
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2008, 02:58 PM
Love & a Molotov cocktail
on a boat on the river cam
Joined Jan 2005
624 Posts
Cool, I wonder how much it will cost to ship a t-shirt to the UK?
Punkie is offline Find More Posts by Punkie
Old Jul 03, 2008, 04:06 PM
Flutter-Bys are fun
United States, MI, Honor
Joined Dec 2005
5,117 Posts
It is only money. Shouldn't be too expensive.
Conehead
Orrin Eldred
Honor, MI.
Conehead is offline Find More Posts by Conehead
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: TRAMPS Air Show, 28-June 2014
Old Jul 03, 2008, 05:03 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,696 Posts
Laine,

That is so cool, man!!!! I am gonna get a t-shirt on the way ASAP.

The guys at Castle Rock...and your no slouch either, for getting it all organized.

You guys have fun with the trucks and keep yourselves safe.

Be sure and let us here at the groups know if there is anything we can help with!

Tim
AG4RZ

BTW, did you ever figure out anything for pushrods other than paper clips?......
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Jul 03, 2008, 09:17 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
Thanks guys. Spread the word on the T-shirts if you would. Let all your buddies know. Lets see just how many of these things we can get sold. Its such a good cause, that no one should have any issues with pickin up one or two.

Between my wife and I, we have already ordered 6 of them! Im sure we'll get more eventually. I think they did a great job on the graphics for them too. Really cool lookin.

As for pushrods, nope, nothin else. Still have the paper clips on there. Its all good, Im sure it will work!

Laine.
Old Jul 03, 2008, 09:32 PM
14s 180mah should be enough...
United States, NC, Pfafftown
Joined Feb 2001
3,696 Posts
Laine if there is anything you need that we can safely send (pushrods...) let us know!! you need to fly, man!

Tim
AG4RZ
IFLYOS is offline Find More Posts by IFLYOS
Old Jul 03, 2008, 10:01 PM
SlowStick Test Pilot
Yumastan RCAPA.NET
Joined Feb 2003
5,996 Posts
I got two on the way!

Thanks CC, Fisher House and you guys out at BAB. I'm going to have an extra not-dog (and a beer ), in honor of you guys! Have a good 4th...
patrickegan is offline Find More Posts by patrickegan
Old Jul 04, 2008, 12:15 AM
When's the next fly-in?
Tanner, Alabama
Joined Oct 2003
6,475 Posts
Yep, this is very cool, Laine. There's gonna be a box with several t-shirts in it coming to Alabama soon!

Thank you for your service to our country!

Andy
dee-grose is offline Find More Posts by dee-grose
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 04, 2008, 10:13 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
You guys are awesome. I wonder how many have been sold and how much money has been raised for the Fisher House in the last 24 hours since the site was started.... hmmm... might have to find out!

Keep spreadin the word guys. Any time I can help out other soldiers or their families Im happy.

Laine.
Old Jul 06, 2008, 11:14 PM
Calif*
Joined Sep 2006
2,157 Posts
Would think donating UAV's to the war effort would be more practical. They can be made roughly as cheaply as RC aircraft, U can use them as RC toys in the off hours & they can save your life in the on hours.
Jack Crossfire is offline Find More Posts by Jack Crossfire
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 07, 2008, 05:56 AM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
As good as that sounds Jack, its not very practical for a few reasons. There is the type of jamming devices we have, the terrain here, training of individuals using them, spare parts, just to name a few. On top of those, imagine if "the bad guys" got ahold of one or more of those type of "UAV's" It would be pretty easy for them to figure it out and use them against us.

Good idea, but its just not practical for the situations we end up in. Of course, this is just my opinion.

There are a few "normal rc" type things that are used over here however. Just not many.

So, for now, we will just have fun when we have a bit of off time. Its great to have a way to just unwind and forget about all the other crap. Even if its just for 30 min or so. Again, HUGE thank you to all that made this happen for us!

Thanks

Laine.
Old Jul 07, 2008, 10:23 AM
RIP Bryce Russell Love U!
United States, AL, Headland
Joined Jun 2005
312 Posts
Ummmm.....I am pretty sure the Army already has a MOS for UAV's. I don't think they, the people who have that job or the Army, would like it if just anyone started trying to do that job. Just my thoughts, but hey what do I know.
kmopar69 is offline Find More Posts by kmopar69
Old Jul 07, 2008, 11:51 PM
BUILDIN-FLYIN-CRASHIN-FUN
Michigan
Joined Feb 2008
482 Posts
nice t-shirts,gotta order one. glad to see you guys have away to relax,nothing better than the rc hobby. good video on the site,i think the monster truck ran over the camera guy. all in fun. stay safe.
MYHELIGUY is offline Find More Posts by MYHELIGUY
Old Jul 08, 2008, 02:27 PM
Team Cobra!!! Ssssssss!
Joined Feb 2005
7,856 Posts
lol, yeah, that was Jonny Rocket (as we call him). He used to be a producer type guy. Now, he's a UH 60 pilot. Go figure! He is also and exceptional artist. Very good at what he does.

He, apparently, does NOT posess the skill of "getting the heck out of the way!" though. He got smacked a couple times in that video. It was fun making it I can tell you that.

Laine.
Old Jul 08, 2008, 04:05 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Ordered mine today...very cool idea and definitely a worth cause. Glad you guys are having some fun over there Laine! Fly that FunJet yet?
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon