ShawnM4kq is offline Find More Posts by ShawnM4kq
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 14, 2008, 07:37 PM
FLYINGJUNKY
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Mar 2008
833 Posts
landing gear

Has anyone tried taking the landing gear off. Mine broke and I have ordered a new set but now I am wondering how to remove the old gear. I was even thinking of just leaving the gear off. Has anyone tried that yet?
Thanks,Eric
eschult is offline Find More Posts by eschult
Old Sep 15, 2008, 07:47 PM
MAAC # 11387
BC
Joined Jul 2007
53 Posts
How did you guys get the battery holder off? I don't want to snap the plane in half trying. What about the spinner? Removing the rib bottoms must have been tricky too. Did you snip them off or use a dremel perhaps??
THanks
JJ42 is offline Find More Posts by JJ42
Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:48 AM
Danger is my middle name
USA, DE, Magnolia
Joined May 2008
127 Posts
Nail clippers work great for removing unwanted plastic pieces.
diamondd7711 is offline Find More Posts by diamondd7711
Old Sep 17, 2008, 01:12 PM
Beaver Dam.Wi.
Joined Jan 2003
308 Posts
broke antenna wire off vapor yesterday, have thin copper wire laying around.
would it be OK to make replacement antenna out of this copper?
harrisdouma is offline Find More Posts by harrisdouma
Old Sep 17, 2008, 04:02 PM
VE7FM
Canada, BC, Langley
Joined Nov 2004
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by harrisdouma
broke antenna wire off vapor yesterday, have thin copper wire laying around.
would it be OK to make replacement antenna out of this copper?
yes
TheSteve is offline Find More Posts by TheSteve
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:43 PM
cat herder
Austin, Texas
Joined Jun 2005
247 Posts
Removing the spinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ42
How did you guys get the battery holder off? I don't want to snap the plane in half trying. What about the spinner? Removing the rib bottoms must have been tricky too. Did you snip them off or use a dremel perhaps??
THanks
I cut the spinner as far as I could with a new razor blade and then removed the rest with a wire brush, tiny of course, in the Dremel. Take your time and it is easy.
jimmycashley is offline Find More Posts by jimmycashley
Old Sep 28, 2008, 07:47 PM
United States, CA, Fair Oaks
Joined Dec 2007
11 Posts
Male Battery Connector?

Has anyone tried using a battery other than the stock battery with the Vapor? I have a bunch of 60 mah single-cell batteries lying around so I soldered one of them to a male plug from an Air Hog Havoc Heliicopter. The problem is I have more batteries than plugs. Anyone know where I could purchase additonal male plugs that would plug into the stock female battery connector on the Vapor? Thanks!
wasiel is offline Find More Posts by wasiel
Old Sep 28, 2008, 07:54 PM
Same Day Delivery
Economy, Pa.
Joined Mar 2002
3,392 Posts
Horizion has them listed under the Vapor parts.
mike3976 is offline Find More Posts by mike3976
Old Sep 28, 2008, 08:21 PM
Hals und Beinbruch !!!!
Joined Aug 2002
730 Posts
anyone tried running two pager motors off the vapor brick? I did and it seemed like way too much current draw as the bec would cut in very fast. Just now thinking perhaps hooking motors in series might work better than in parallel?
lw_hughes is offline Find More Posts by lw_hughes
Old Sep 29, 2008, 03:11 PM
United States, CA, Fair Oaks
Joined Dec 2007
11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3976
Horizion has them listed under the Vapor parts.
Hmmm... Horizon has a female connector, but no male connector. I guess that is to be expected since the male connector is normally part of the battery. So, has anyone out there tried a different battery than the stock Vapor battery?
wasiel is offline Find More Posts by wasiel
Old Sep 29, 2008, 03:41 PM
Foaming at the mouth..
USA, KS, Topeka
Joined Jul 2008
924 Posts
Airhogs transmitter-charger combos have the male plug you are looking for.. I have tested, and they will plug directly into the vapor's female.

I happen to have a spare charger lead from a dead AH helo, which when my HC order comes in, will be tied to a 240mah zippy 1S pack.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7568

I would go larger, but the 240mah is 5.9g, and going up to the 350mah its listed at 8.7g.. Once I have the 240mah setup and running, it should get me flight times around 30 minutes if not more. I will be able to add a little weight then, and see if the vapor can carry the 8.7g 350mah cell, and if it can, I will be ordering one of those for it as well.

I will likely also build an ember from parts, with the vapor brick, and run it on at least the 350mah cell..

~Kev
darksiede is offline Find More Posts by darksiede
Old Sep 29, 2008, 03:51 PM
I buy, I fly, I buy....
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Feb 2008
1,969 Posts
What do the stock batteries weigh, anyone know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksiede
Airhogs transmitter-charger combos have the male plug you are looking for.. I have tested, and they will plug directly into the vapor's female.

I happen to have a spare charger lead from a dead AH helo, which when my HC order comes in, will be tied to a 240mah zippy 1S pack.
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...idProduct=7568

I would go larger, but the 240mah is 5.9g, and going up to the 350mah its listed at 8.7g.. Once I have the 240mah setup and running, it should get me flight times around 30 minutes if not more. I will be able to add a little weight then, and see if the vapor can carry the 8.7g 350mah cell, and if it can, I will be ordering one of those for it as well.

I will likely also build an ember from parts, with the vapor brick, and run it on at least the 350mah cell..

~Kev
Wingwrecker is offline Find More Posts by Wingwrecker
Old Sep 29, 2008, 05:37 PM
Don't leave it Stock
USA, IL, Round Lake
Joined Feb 2004
2,505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingwrecker
What do the stock batteries weigh, anyone know?

My lightest is 2.51g / heaviest 2.69g
mrfliboy is offline Find More Posts by mrfliboy
Old Sep 29, 2008, 07:45 PM
Foaming at the mouth..
USA, KS, Topeka
Joined Jul 2008
924 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfliboy
My lightest is 2.51g / heaviest 2.69g
Exactly as I suspected, I am going to slightly more then double the weight of the cell, however, I am going for long flights, not keeping the aerobatic nature of the plane. I think however in this case 2X the weight, is well worth almost 4X the capacity!

I still have the stock cells for doing "stunt flying". These new cells will enable me to fly leisurely on my front porch around dusk, just riding the gentle breeze and putting about.. Without having to land and swap cells every 5 minutes. My original batch of stock parkzone cells, are dieing fast. And at $10 a pop local, I can build 3 through hobbycity for what a single new one costs. I have 1 dead of my original 4 now, and its sitting in salt water, soon to be dissected for its plug as well.

~Kev
darksiede is offline Find More Posts by darksiede