HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:14 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,814 Posts
See if you can get some of the leg back in the fitting then use a piece of cf rod as a splint and bind it with lack cotton and run some cyano over it. For flying in my house I moved the wing forward quite a bit to get a rearward CG then move the control rod in on the horns to give lots of throw. then fly it slowly at a fairly high alpha but not prop hanging I can do 8's and loops in a 14' sq room with furniture.

Terry
Terry Rigden is online now Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:17 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
See if you can get some of the leg back in the fitting then use a piece of cf rod as a splint and bind it with lack cotton and run some cyano over it. For flying in my house I moved the wing forward quite a bit to get a rearward CG then move the control rod in on the horns to give lots of throw. then fly it slowly at a fairly high alpha but not prop hanging I can do 8's and loops in a 14' sq room with furniture.

Terry
ok thanks mate.i will give it a try.already on the closest holes on the horns,forgot to mention that. how much closer do i want to move the wing towards the motor?what sort of gap am i aiming for here? so,the wing up towrds the motor and move the battery back towards the brick?

dont want to give up on it as it looks like it will be great once i get it dialed in and used to how it flies....but as it stands at the moment im worried i wasted my money. i know it will fly outdoors but i bought it for its indoor capabilities really,but it was in the back of mind my house might not be big enough. i hope im wrong
mrmurder1975 is offline Find More Posts by mrmurder1975
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:28 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,814 Posts
move the wing up a bit at a time till you are happy with how it flies. I'll did goy my model and measure it later. If you have acess to a large space try it there first. I paced out 14' from the corner of a gym and practiced flying in that before trying it at home.

Terry
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:37 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,223 Posts
I moved up my wing as far as it can go, when i replace the motor i just use the wing being pushed as far forward as possible to hold the motor in.

The best time to fly it is at night, there is very little wind when its night.
airpower is online now Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:52 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
ok thanks gents. my living room is tiny...about 9ft by 10...but my kitchen/diner is a lot bigger....about 25ft long,but quite narrow at about 10. odd dimensions i know. i guess there is no reason why it should not fly in the larger room. maybe its more me than the plane,i guess time will tell on that one! could not get that leg back on,so i have used the smallest bit of hot glue to secure it back on.not ideal i know as hg is heavy and the vapor needs to be light but it seems ok so far. as was suggested to me earlier,it was one of the wheels not turning that caused the right hand turns during the ground roll.
freed up the wheel and it tracks straight now.

wish i had somewhere bigger to practise. its windy tonight so outside is a no go. will have another crack in the kitchen. i will get the hang of this bird in a confined space if it kills me (or it!)

any other tips for very confined flying will be greatly received and acted on accordingly! thanks gents
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:32 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,223 Posts
Take the lg off and fly in high alfa, before you wreck it you could sell it and get a mini vapor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:45 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,814 Posts
From the reports I've seen on the mini vapor its wing loading is higher so may be worse in a small space, check the threads on it before you change.

Removing the LG and the tail skid could save weight. Is it a night vapor ? they are heavier than the original. You could pull the lights off so save a bit. Mine has flown with a 30mah battery which saved quite a bit of weight.

Terry
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:51 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,223 Posts
If you go on the mini vapor thread back a page or two youll find a video that disproves it. Is horsepower the only factor in a car?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
Take the lg off and fly in high alfa, before you wreck it you could sell it and get a mini vapor

how does the mini differ from the micro? apart from being biger i would assume!

the breeze has died down outside now so i have just been on the door step flying a plane.....such a weird experience! seems odd to be flying but not be at my field!

got through a whole battery without incident....seems that its just a confined space i have a problem with,which will no doubt improve with practise. there is a very slight breeze outside,man this thing feels every whisper of wind! down wind was fine,but up wind it was like a roller coaster not a plane lol
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:58 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,223 Posts
The mini is half the size of yours
Old Nov 14, 2012, 05:59 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
yeah its the night. i like the lights! thats one of the reasons i got it! lol (37 going on 12!)
liking it a bit more now i know it will fly ok outside. just need to work on the indoor stuff.

do not like the foam spinner! i guess it saves the prop shaft (i have crashed nose on a dozen times already) but because its only foam and not symmetrical it always looks like the shaft is bent. so much so,it prob wont be too obvious when its really is bent. another gripe is the little pin that holds the ele on and allows it to pivot,one end consistently comes out of the groove. very annoying! might have to tie a bit of thread around it,still letting it pivot but hopefully holding it in..
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:02 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
The mini is half the size of yours
the mini is smaller than the micro?! surely its the other way around?! not saying you are wrong,you know more about it than i do,but i always thought micro was the next size down from mini?? you live and learn!!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:11 PM
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
2,814 Posts
tomorrow is forecast for light winds, I find first thing in the morning is very good for flying indoor models outside.

Terry
Old Nov 14, 2012, 06:59 PM
Joined Dec 2007
624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Rigden View Post
tomorrow is forecast for light winds, I find first thing in the morning is very good for flying indoor models outside.

Terry

sounds like a plan. if the wind is going to be low i will take it to the field,along with the f27q

just been out again,clipped my car with the landing gear and snapped the leg off again. 35 mins searching in the dark with the light from my phone and i finally found it. just re attached it but am going to call it quits for tonight, its freezing out there!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:21 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,223 Posts
The Vapor isnt the "Micro Vapor," its just the "Vapor," its just in an ultra micro category.
So this is the "mini vapor."