Old Jul 02, 2008, 04:23 AM
Northern Ireland
Joined Mar 2005
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetskeeter
http://www.rchelicoptershop.com/cata...ion-p-580.html

Has anyone tried out this bigger lama?
Myself and several others have been flying the 53#1 for about a year now. Flies smoother than the smaller coax indoors but just the same outdoors. I wouldnt buy anything smaller than it now. Its slightly more forgiving but like any coax, too harsh a movement and you get the dreaded blade strike. Im converting mine to brushless and adding the dual swash conversion for the ultimate performance.
teammpp is offline Find More Posts by teammpp
Old Jul 02, 2008, 11:43 AM
Joined Oct 2007
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teammpp
Myself and several others have been flying the 53#1 for about a year now. Flies smoother than the smaller coax indoors but just the same outdoors. I wouldnt buy anything smaller than it now. Its slightly more forgiving but like any coax, too harsh a movement and you get the dreaded blade strike. Im converting mine to brushless and adding the dual swash conversion for the ultimate performance.
Smaller CX2 is good as it is, too... my BL dual swash lama4 serves me well... cuz i only have a tiny living room with limited space...

I wonder what parts you'll be using for the dual swash mod on a bigger co-ax... show us ur design!

regards
dendog220 is offline Find More Posts by dendog220
Old Jul 30, 2008, 06:32 AM
I fly ghetto stuff.
Greece
Joined Aug 2007
926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dendog220
I wonder what parts you'll be using for the dual swash mod on a bigger co-ax... show us ur design!
I guess the usual Honey Bee CP2 parts (swashplate, linkages etc.) will do the trick, after all their scale is better suited to this heli than the tiny Lamas!
Velktron is offline Find More Posts by Velktron