HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 01, 2008, 09:40 PM
Joined Oct 2006
163 Posts
Discussion
Programing Spectrum DX6i for flaps

How can I program ailerons to functions as flaps for landing and take off.
Presently my ailerons each have a servo and are harnessed together. The manual doesn't mention much as to how to activate and so on.

I would like to thank anyone in advance who could explain this in simple terms since I am new with programing radios and so on.
MitchDigger is offline Find More Posts by MitchDigger
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2008, 09:56 PM
old pilot
Rapid City SD
Joined Dec 2007
3,822 Posts
Hi Mitch

I'm in the process of converting SC to new DX7 and adding ailerons. Your ace in the hole is the DX manual, and if you got DX6i used without one or your plane came without a complete one, it's definitely worth ordering one from Spektrum. The computer radio takes some time to figure out, but it's a wonderful system .

You're okay with a servo for each aileron, but you have to replace the Y harness for flaperon programming with two servo extensions (cheap). In my DX7 manual the R servo plugs into the Aile port on the Rx and the L servo plugs into the AUX1 port on the Rx. The manuals for DX6i and DX7 explain how to set up aileron control and how to program in flaperon function.

Hope this helps

Icky
Ickarusmelt is offline Find More Posts by Ickarusmelt
Old Jul 03, 2008, 11:18 PM
Joined Oct 2006
163 Posts
Thanks for the help

Got it all set up and ready for a runway test. I set the flaps for 25% or 1/4, don't know if this is adequate or not. This is my set up. Artech su27 mod with 2/400 brushless, 2/40 amp esc, 1 thunderpower extrem 3s lipo, Spectrum DXi6 radio. My next project on the shelp is E-flites F15, but that not for a few months yet.

Thanks again
MitchDigger is offline Find More Posts by MitchDigger