HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 06, 2008, 09:53 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,522 Posts
I think you would make a killing if you could come out with some scale tundra tires for the 1/5 - 1/4 cubs. I have come across many people that have been trying to find or make some and can't really come up with anything. Dubro have a set that work for 1/5 cubs, but they weigh a tonne. Trexxler also have some that sorta work, but they are expensive, hard to find and fragile.

This the Dubro 6in set. They look good but weigh 22oz for the 1/5 cub.

G.P. is offline Find More Posts by G.P.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2009, 07:49 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,522 Posts
Can you please give an update? Maybe some photos? Even some bad news so that I can move on if need be?
Old Mar 07, 2009, 01:55 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,522 Posts
Since this forum isn't checked by anybody at Cermark I'll give an update that I found on another website:

"Update: We have modified the door, interior, and electric system. We are in the process of new protype #2. We are still aiming to keep all the parts interchangeable (as best as possible). The first version's parts were not good enough.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK"

If/when this airplane does come out I'm not so sure I'm still interested. I've been waiting for a scale PA-18 for quite some time, but the lack of customer service (here and from what I've read) has me concerned. Hope that I'm wrong.

Greg
Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:00 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
Thanks for the update Greg.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao
Old Mar 13, 2009, 10:42 PM
E-flyer since 1981
Joined Oct 2000
1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.P.
Since this forum isn't checked by anybody at Cermark I'll give an update that I found on another website:

"Update: We have modified the door, interior, and electric system. We are in the process of new protype #2. We are still aiming to keep all the parts interchangeable (as best as possible). The first version's parts were not good enough.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK"

If/when this airplane does come out I'm not so sure I'm still interested. I've been waiting for a scale PA-18 for quite some time, but the lack of customer service (here and from what I've read) has me concerned. Hope that I'm wrong.

Greg
Sounds like they are incorporating some positive changes.

Probably worth the wait.
Michael in Toronto is offline Find More Posts by Michael in Toronto
Old Dec 21, 2009, 06:49 PM
CERMARK
Joined Apr 2004
667 Posts
Update: December 21, 2009, CERMARK will be debute the new DPM Super Cub, PA-18, at the 2009, AMA Expo in Ontario, California.

Please swing by our booth and say hi.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Steven Chao is offline Find More Posts by Steven Chao
Old Dec 21, 2009, 09:49 PM
Timelord
USA, IN, Muncie
Joined Mar 2002
2,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Chao View Post
Update: December 21, 2009, CERMARK will be debute the new DPM Super Cub, PA-18, at the 2009, AMA Expo in Ontario, California.

Please swing by our booth and say hi.

Peace,
Steven Chao,
CERMARK
Great news!
Doctor Who is offline Find More Posts by Doctor Who
Old Jan 25, 2010, 11:27 PM
JMRC Cub Driver
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Sep 2003
220 Posts
I have been waiting forever it seems to get ahold of one of these. I just happened to be lucky enough to find a "like new" DP Super Cub for sale with a OS 160 twin (which would have been my engine choice anyway). I was extatic and the plane is everything and more that I could have hoped for. Here are a few pics from just over a week ago on my 1st flight with it. If the Cermark version is as good as the original I have no doubt that they wont be able to keep them in stock. BTW.....I have since put the Dubro 6" inflatable tires and it really looks awsome now. Just wish someone would come out with 8" or even 10" inflatables now. There is a market for these....some company just needs the forsight to take advantage of it.
qm1usn is online now Find More Posts by qm1usn
Old Jan 26, 2010, 12:13 AM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
Very nice pics. That last shot could almost pass for full scale.
sj3cub is offline Find More Posts by sj3cub
Old Jan 26, 2010, 01:43 AM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,522 Posts
Looks good!

BTW, did anybody stop by the trade show or find any photos?
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:21 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
There are photos in the AMA thread. I still would like to see better photos so I can see if it looks as good (scale) as mine.
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:38 PM
iumop ap!sdn w,I
Joined May 2005
6,522 Posts
Thanks! Here's a link to the photos: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...6#post14034176

It looks great, but I'm pretty sure that those wing tip nav light holders are on backwards. I've worked on full scale cubs and have never seen any that look like that. Cool that it has lights though!
Old Jan 30, 2010, 09:04 AM
Joined Jun 2008
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qm1usn View Post
Just wish someone would come out with 8" or even 10" inflatables now. There is a market for these....some company just needs the forsight to take advantage of it.
I agree.
There is nothing out there if you want 1/4 or 1/3 scale tundra tyres.
Dubro, Robart, somebody, please make some.
Didgster is offline Find More Posts by Didgster
Old Jan 30, 2010, 01:54 PM
North Carolina
Joined Sep 2003
2,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didgster View Post
I agree.
There is nothing out there if you want 1/4 or 1/3 scale tundra tyres.
Dubro, Robart, somebody, please make some.
They would if there was a large enough market for them, but I doubt they will just for a few scale modlers.
Old Mar 11, 2010, 06:20 AM
Bavaria, Germany
Joined Nov 2008
1,035 Posts
Hi

I would definitely be in the market for 1/5 scale tundra wheels. I have two H9 Cubs, one to be converted to a Super Cub, waiting for the tires...

cheers
Uwe
anj4de is offline Find More Posts by anj4de