HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
Rocket City
Joined May 2008
361 Posts
Discussion
LEXORS Nova 6 plus FM (72 MHz) - Xmitter for $39. *UPDATE bought a JR 6102 instead*

Hobby-Lobby has had the LEXORS Nova 6 plus FM (72 MHz) - Transmitter Set on sale for $39 for quite a while, and I intend to purchase one shortly. The reason for this thread is to find out of there is a compelling reason not to get one. I understand that this is not a computer radio and that it is not very complicated, but neither are the 27MHz radios that have been coming with my RTF planes and so far they have been serving me fine. I just want to get off the 27MHz band.

First, a little about my flying. I am mainly interested in Parkflyers, Slowflyers, and AP. My current hangar has three functional planes, a Hobbyzone Super Cub about to be pretty heavily modified for AP purposes, a RCM Pelikan Bellanca Decathlon 480 that is stock but flies on 27MHz, and a Wild Hawk (Easy Star clone) that also flies on 27MHz.

In addition, I'm currently building a Mini Telemaster, a Hobby-Lobby Yak-55 3D Profile (I got it cheap so figured, what the heck), and I have an Easy Star ARF coming when HL gets them back in stock.

Aside from that, the only other plane I am considering in the near term is a Steven's Aero Mud Bug to fly around my cul-de-sac to impress the chicks and all the kids.

I mostly fly in an empty subdivision that a developer put in paved streets about a year ago, but is now having financial difficulties so there are no houses yet. I have about 1000 x 1000 to play with, and actually quite a bit more if I move out over the adjacent fields to this development. So far, I haven't had much trouble with the 27MHz radios, but I'd rather be a bit safer. There are some folks who do use CB's in the area.

Lastly, I am quite turned off by the price of the 2.4GHz receivers, so I won't be making the move to Spektrum or anything else in the near future. Please, no posts admonishing me to just get a 2.4GHz rig at this time, it's not going to happen.

With all that in mind, is there anything inherently wrong with the IKARUS transmitter set linked above, or anything I should be aware of before purchasing it? Will pretty much any 72MHz receiver work with it with a matching crystal set? I see receivers all the time for around $15, and that is much to my liking. I know the radio is a FM (PPM) single conversion, negative shift transmitter, so receivers would need to match those specs.

Is there anything else I should know?
The Raddish is offline Find More Posts by The Raddish
Last edited by The Raddish; Jul 02, 2008 at 12:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:14 PM
USA, GA, Carrollton
Joined Jan 2008
442 Posts
I have looked at that rig also, but I wanted nicad batteries and that will add at least $25 or $35 +a charger and $10 for shipping. You can get a Hitec 4 ch rig with nicads, 2 servos, charger and free shipping for about $95.
TFM70 is offline Find More Posts by TFM70
Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:54 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Raddish!!!

Can you handle $89.99 for a Non-Computer 2.4 Giga Transmitter?

Take a look at:
http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...7&pid=C1736904

However, here is what they say.....

The E-Sky 2.4GHz system is not compatible with any other brand of 2.4GHz radio system. If we find out of a brand that it compatible, we will update this note. It appears that the different manufacturers have their own proprietary software.

Otherwise, if you like to get into a Non-Computer Transmitter and away from 27Mhz such as towards Narrow Band 72Mhz then, I highly recommend the JR line of Transmitters such as JR Quattro (That's how I started) or the next one up from it that might be a computer radio. For candy drops and Video and In-flight Photography then, I would highly look into 72Mhz Narrow Band 5 / 6 -channels, you can get them really cheap.

Carlos

EDIT: Here's an example of a good JR Transmitter with programming options:

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-JR-610...3911.m14.l1318

AUCTION IS A BRAND NEW JR 6102 COMPUTERIZED 72MHZ SIX CHANNEL RC AIRPLANE / HELICOPTER TRANSMITTER ON CHANNEL 35. MODE 2; IT HAS NEVER BEEN USED AND IS READY TO BE INSTALLED IN YOUR NEW AIRPLANE.

FEATURES: 10 MODEL MEMORY, 5 POINT THROTTLE AND PITCH CURVES, EXPEDIENTIAL, DUAL RATES, MIXING, AND TONS OF OTHER GREAT FEATURES. *AUCTION INCLUDES TRANSMITTER, ANTENNA, TX BATTERY, CRYSTAL, INSTRUCTIONS, WARRANTY CARD, AND BOX.
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Jun 30, 2008, 03:37 PM
Gabby Whoo Me?
Joined Jan 2008
891 Posts
Well no one has really answered your question about the lexors radio. I hope someone will, and not just try to sell you a higher priced one. I too would like a simple inexpensive upgrade later on.
Gabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raddish
Hobby-Lobby has had the LEXORS Nova 6 plus FM (72 MHz) - Transmitter Set on sale for $39 for quite a while, and I intend to purchase one shortly. The reason for this thread is to find out of there is a compelling reason not to get one. I understand that this is not a computer radio and that it is not very complicated, but neither are the 27MHz radios that have been coming with my RTF planes and so far they have been serving me fine. I just want to get off the 27MHz band.

First, a little about my flying. I am mainly interested in Parkflyers, Slowflyers, and AP. My current hangar has three functional planes, a Hobbyzone Super Cub about to be pretty heavily modified for AP purposes, a RCM Pelikan Bellanca Decathlon 480 that is stock but flies on 27MHz, and a Wild Hawk (Easy Star clone) that also flies on 27MHz.

In addition, I'm currently building a Mini Telemaster, a Hobby-Lobby Yak-55 3D Profile (I got it cheap so figured, what the heck), and I have an Easy Star ARF coming when HL gets them back in stock.

Aside from that, the only other plane I am considering in the near term is a Steven's Aero Mud Bug to fly around my cul-de-sac to impress the chicks and all the kids.

I mostly fly in an empty subdivision that a developer put in paved streets about a year ago, but is now having financial difficulties so there are no houses yet. I have about 1000 x 1000 to play with, and actually quite a bit more if I move out over the adjacent fields to this development. So far, I haven't had much trouble with the 27MHz radios, but I'd rather be a bit safer. There are some folks who do use CB's in the area.

Lastly, I am quite turned off by the price of the 2.4GHz receivers, so I won't be making the move to Spektrum or anything else in the near future. Please, no posts admonishing me to just get a 2.4GHz rig at this time, it's not going to happen.

With all that in mind, is there anything inherently wrong with the IKARUS transmitter set linked above, or anything I should be aware of before purchasing it? Will pretty much any 72MHz receiver work with it with a matching crystal set? I see receivers all the time for around $15, and that is much to my liking. I know the radio is a FM (PPM) single conversion, negative shift transmitter, so receivers would need to match those specs.

Is there anything else I should know?
CrashnBurn is offline Find More Posts by CrashnBurn
Old Jul 02, 2008, 12:50 PM
Rocket City
Joined May 2008
361 Posts
On advice I have received from a few others, I located and purchased a JR 6102 on eBay for $60 shipped.

It doesn't come with any servos or a receiver, so now I'm on the hunt for at least two receivers. I need one 6-channel for my super cub that is soon to be modified with ailerons, and I need a micro four channel for my Hobby Lobby Yak 55.

I'm eying the Coronas on BP Hobbies. Any thoughts on these?
The Raddish is offline Find More Posts by The Raddish