Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
981 Posts
Cool
Inofficial WORLD RECORD F3B SPEED, 12.68 Seconds

Congrat to Pasi Vaisanen from Sweden who flew

12.68 Seconds

In this weekends F3B speed competition here in Sweden. Pasi flew a RADICAL .

/Jonas Ekman
oakman7004 is offline Find More Posts by oakman7004
Last edited by oakman7004; Jul 02, 2008 at 07:39 AM. Reason: wrong time, typo
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:33 AM
F3X
Costa Mesa, CA USA
Joined Jun 2001
1,822 Posts
Congratulations! That "old record" didn't last too long!
F3X is offline Find More Posts by F3X
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:09 AM
Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
981 Posts
True! Fact is that Radical is a beast in Speed...

"old record"

And Martin W being a close friend to Pasi is alittle like keeping the record "in the family"... What shall the rest of us do??

/Jonas
Old Jun 30, 2008, 12:30 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakman7004
True! Fact is that Radical is a beast in Speed...

"old record"

And Martin W being a close friend to Pasi is alittle like keeping the record "in the family"... What shall the rest of us do??

/Jonas

Hello Jonas,

Congratulations to Pasi, please pass this on to him for me.

You said "inofficial" did you mean "not official"? or "official" ? Either way, a great run by Pasi. How were the conditions? I am sure they were very good, but Pasi does not ever leave too much distance on the course

Cheers,

Mike Smith.
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old Jun 30, 2008, 01:03 PM
Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLY F3B
Hello Jonas,

Congratulations to Pasi, please pass this on to him for me.

You said "inofficial" did you mean "not official"? or "official" ? Either way, a great run by Pasi. How were the conditions? I am sure they were very good, but Pasi does not ever leave too much distance on the course

Cheers,

Mike Smith.

Well the run is official. However stating a Official world record within FAI claims that several rules from FAI needs to be fulfilled for a attemt in breaking a record...Not even on a WC you can do this. (reading the rules literally) Therfore my "inofficial".

The conditions was not really normal for Sweden this time of the year. Morning flight (like 10AM) Windy, good strong thermals in low altitude, ...and also according to Joakim Stahl he read the speed very tight...And Pasi did not hesitate. For sure he climbed some meters going towards the A base.

There were several good speed runs made during the day. Even though no really Monster thermals on high altitude were passing the coarse. It was the air sub250 meter that was awsome.

So the launch height was enough for VERY good times...

/J
Last edited by oakman7004; Jun 30, 2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:17 PM
or F, J, K, or even TD
Joined Jun 2007
2,901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakman7004
Well the run is official. However stating a Official world record within FAI claims that several rules from FAI needs to be fulfilled for a attemt in breaking a record...Not even on a WC you can do this. (reading the rules literally) Therfore my "inofficial".

The conditions was not really normal for Sweden this time of the year. Morning flight (like 10AM) Windy, good strong thermals in low altitude, ...and also according to Joakim Stahl he read the speed very tight...And Pasi did not hesitate. For sure he climbed some meters going towards the A base.

There were several good speed runs made during the day. Even though no really Monster thermals on high altitude were passing the coarse. It was the air sub250 meter that was awsome.

So the launch height was enough for VERY good times...

/J
Wow! Very nice. Thanks for the details. I like the aerial photo of the flying field too. Please say hello to Joakim, and once again, congratulations Pasi.

Cheers,

Mike
FLY F3B is offline Find More Posts by FLY F3B
Old Jun 30, 2008, 06:03 PM
Age quod agis
Joined Sep 2007
1,434 Posts
Congratulations on a job well done.

I too like the AP of the flying field. It gives you a better prospective of the possible flying conditions. I wouldn't think the thermals would be all that great with all of the forest and green field around. Seems as though it didn't matter as the record was broken anyways.

Just goes to show what a great pilot with advanced skills and a good plane can accomplish.
SD RC Boater is offline Find More Posts by SD RC Boater
Old Jun 30, 2008, 06:35 PM
United States, CA, San Luis Obispo
Joined Aug 2006
1,459 Posts
Great flying!

Ist a flighter...not a glider...
Avaldes is offline Find More Posts by Avaldes
Old Jul 02, 2008, 07:41 AM
Team WC2013 F3K
Sweden
Joined Dec 2004
981 Posts
Updated the time in post #1, it was 0.02 sek wrong!. I knew Pasi wasn't that fast

/J