HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2008, 02:32 AM
Belgium (EU)
Joined Jul 2006
58 Posts
Discussion
NEW - Multiplex ParkMaster 3D

Hi,

1st : sorry for my bad english but I'm from Belgium (french part).
2nd : I know there is a post about the PM3D http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=814569 , but perhaps is it better to start a new "Build" post on it...

My last plane, a Super Zoom 4D, crashed in a tree, and is not completly repaired for the moment and I was waiting to get the new Multiplex Parkmaster and it finally arrived at the shop this weekend (85 , that was what I paid for the Super Zoom) I also have a Twinstar II with a landing gear and the Flash (still in its box).

It looks really great but I was a bit disappointed when I open the box to see that the cockpit was not painted in black like on the picture. Not a big problem because I wanted to paint it anyway... the sticker are really horrible (IMHO). German like green, I don't

All the parts are really well placed and fixed in the box, no parts were broken or missing, great The manual is short but as usual from Multiplex the plane is really not hard to build.

Pictures will follow...
Hsound is offline Find More Posts by Hsound
Last edited by Hsound; Jun 30, 2008 at 04:44 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2008, 03:34 AM
Belgium (EU)
Joined Jul 2006
58 Posts
I've choose to paint it with red and black styro paint (spray), that's the first time I paint a plane, so I hope that the final result will be ok.

Here is the result on the wings... not too bad

PS : I didn't glue the ailerons for the painting, you have to do it later...

A mistake that I did is that I will have to glue the carbon rods on the wings after... It's perhaps better to glue the wings, glue the carbon rods and then start painting.
I did protect the wings with paper but some black paint went on the red one... I will be more carefull next time
Last edited by Hsound; Jun 30, 2008 at 08:52 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 03:58 AM
Belgium (EU)
Joined Jul 2006
58 Posts
The motor mount is really easy to fix, just glue the two plastic parts, the 2 carbon fiber rods and that's it...

Btw, I'm using CA glue (Zappy, the green one).
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:06 AM
Katowice, Poland
Joined Nov 2005
124 Posts
When you will be mounting the undercarriage, try to strenghten it. My became loose after 3 landings on a road. EPP is not so strong there - maybe some glass would help.
Anasazi is offline Find More Posts by Anasazi
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:08 AM
Belgium (EU)
Joined Jul 2006
58 Posts
For the landing gear, it's also very easy, fix the first wheel on the axis (don't fix the second one because the rod will have to pass in the hole made in the plane), clip the 2 plastic parts around the landing rod and fix and glue. Done.

Put the pants but don't glue them on the fuselage (body).
Last edited by Hsound; Jun 30, 2008 at 04:38 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:12 AM
Belgium (EU)
Joined Jul 2006
58 Posts
oops, too late for the carriage...

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:17 AM
Katowice, Poland
Joined Nov 2005
124 Posts
Just take care during landings and everything should be okay. I've removed the pants and bent the steel rod a little because PM3D has a tendency to land on a wing - the wheels seem to be to close together.

The other thing is - put something in the tail of the fuselage. If not, you will land on the rudder, which can result in pulling it out of the fuselage. Simply make sure, that, when on the ground, the rudder is in air all the time.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:32 AM
Belgium (EU)
Joined Jul 2006
58 Posts
Thanks for your advises Anasazi, I will probably put a bended rod on the tail, like on the Super Zoom or a little wheel (too heavy perhaps ?) and also some power/fibre tape under the body (at the tail).

PS : just saw your pics and videos, great (except the painting... I also like Moby )
Last edited by Hsound; Jun 30, 2008 at 04:58 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:57 AM
Katowice, Poland
Joined Nov 2005
124 Posts
I think a rod is enough. A wheel would be useful if connected to the rudder to allow to control the plane on the ground.

I'll post two photos about the things we were talking about.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 05:10 AM
Katowice, Poland
Joined Nov 2005
124 Posts

As you can see I've mounted a small rod on the tail, the other picture shows the undercarriage mount ruining slowly EPP and the last photo is to show, that I've widened the place for the battery - better CG control as well as the possibility to insert 2200 mAh batteries.

Oh, and the painting is bad, I know. I'll try to make the colours more visible, the white EPP is still in front on some parts of the plane.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 05:33 AM
Belgium (EU)
Joined Jul 2006
58 Posts
I think that I will do the same tail rod as you.

The landing gear is glued so I will put some fibre/power tape around... hope it will be ok. I'm flying at the field on grass only, so the landings will be a bit less harder... but the wheels will probably be too small to take of.

I will also cut some Elapor to fit my 1250 3S Flightpower batteries.

I've bought the Mpx Propulsion kit witch contains a Mpx Himax 2816-890 (the same one that I used on my Super Zoom), a MULTIcont BL-17/II controller and a APC 11x5.5
propeller. This one seems a bit too big, I will probably try my 10x4.7 one...

What do u use Anasazi ?

PS : indeed, the painting is really ugly
Last edited by Hsound; Jun 30, 2008 at 08:58 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:32 AM
Katowice, Poland
Joined Nov 2005
124 Posts
You mean the colours or the way it is painted? I've added a second and even third layer of paint and now it seems to look more normal. I'll post a photo when it's dry.

I use a KEDA A 22 M motor with 30A Dualsky ESC , 1700 3S or 2200 3s Dualsky Lipo, and 9x5 GWS DD prop. I plan to change the last one into APC 9x4.7 SF or 10x4.7 SF.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:39 AM
AMA 506547
United States, CA, North Highlands
Joined Sep 2004
8,203 Posts
subscribing...

Brian
punkindrublik is online now Find More Posts by punkindrublik
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Holy Tiny Transmitter Batman
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:41 AM
Belgium (EU)
Joined Jul 2006
58 Posts
Both, the colors and the way it's painted... (just my opinion/taste, I don't want to offend you of course ).

Nice settings, the APC 10x4.7 SF is the one I've always use on my Super Zoom who is nearly the same size/weight (I think) than the PM3D. I will probably also use a prop saver, it worked well on my SZ4D.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 07:55 AM
Western Europe 52.7 N 8.9 W
Joined Jul 2007
2,618 Posts
well done Hsound .... will follow the thread closely ....
hobie14 is offline Find More Posts by hobie14