HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 11, 2008, 04:24 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
How does it run Hot or cold my hyperion i just got seems to run kinds hot 95deg to 105deg?
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 11, 2008, 06:53 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Mine seems to run pretty cool because of the fairly effective cooling fan which BTW is an improvement over the more expensive GT Power equivalent which doesn't come with a cooling fan.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jul 11, 2008, 07:17 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
Hows it charge NIMH packs do they get very hot...or does this charger have adjustable MV peak seting option?...my hyperion at $100.00 don't and that's why it cooks NIMH!!
Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:30 PM
kit
USA
Joined Oct 2001
695 Posts
My charger doesn't get hot when charging either Lipos, nimhs, or nicads. Yes, it does have adjustable peak detect voltages in millivolts for both nimhs and nicads separately. Neither of my nimh or nicad packs were hot when I took them off the charger, but then I was only using a 1C charge rate for both.

The cooling fan runs constantly when the charger is in use.
kit is offline Find More Posts by kit
Old Jul 11, 2008, 08:37 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
I charged at 1C with the hyperion and the nimh packs get hot 137deg!
I may have to get the turnigy!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 08:52 AM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
O i gave in i ordered me a accucel 6 last night!!!
anyone other than me have a fancy with chargers I have 6 now!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 06:24 PM
Joined Dec 2004
288 Posts
Fusion-Pack: Is the following 3s balancing adapter the correct one for plugging into the GT Power A8 charger? I don't care about the battery side of the adapter as I am going cut off the plug and wire it up to a 4pin Deans plug.

"3s Balance FusionPack/Align Extension/Tap"

kcobra is offline Find More Posts by kcobra
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:09 PM
I eat only vegetarian beef
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
I got my Turnigy charger the other day, and I've now run a few packs though it, checking throughout the charge and at termination with a DVM. Balancing was perfect, in all cases to within 10mV. I did notice that at the 1.7A charge setting current displayed would fluctuate between 1.7 to 1.9A though. Didn't confirm this with DVM.

I got mine primarily because my way more expensive Hyperion gives false peaks on NiMh no matter what charge current, and the matching Hyperion balancer was balancing my packs with cell 3 50mV low. They're been relegated to backup status.

BTW I've got one of the cheaper HC chargers as well, very happy with it, but this is the best value for money IMO.
Skycruiser is offline Find More Posts by Skycruiser
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:10 PM
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptileman
O i gave in i ordered me a accucel 6 last night!!!
anyone other than me have a fancy with chargers I have 6 now!
this makes 7 for me!
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:34 PM
http://fusion-pack.com
Joined Mar 2008
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcobra
Fusion-Pack: Is the following 3s balancing adapter the correct one for plugging into the GT Power A8 charger? I don't care about the battery side of the adapter as I am going cut off the plug and wire it up to a 4pin Deans plug.

"3s Balance FusionPack/Align Extension/Tap"

Yes, that's is correct.
Fusion-Pack is offline Find More Posts by Fusion-Pack
Old Jul 14, 2008, 12:20 AM
Joined Dec 2004
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion-Pack
Yes, that's is correct.
Thanks. Order placed for the GT Power A8 charger and a bunch of adapters.
kcobra is offline Find More Posts by kcobra
Old Jul 14, 2008, 02:24 PM
Joined Jan 2008
71 Posts
Getting in on this tread. Curious to see if others have the same results with the accucel 6. If so this may be the charger for me. So far there are no complaints on balancing like the other hobbycity chargers. Could this be a budget charger that actually works like it is suppose to???
TyphoonBond is offline Find More Posts by TyphoonBond
Old Jul 14, 2008, 03:17 PM
Fairlie, New Zealand
Joined Nov 2006
2,866 Posts
I'm happy with it's charging and balancing. I've done everything from 2s800 to 3s2p3400 via the 6s port and an adapter. I also charged two sets of NiMh last night with no false peaking. My only problem with it is the fan - every so often when it starts up it sounds like it's eaten a handful of sand. I just stop the charge and restart it, and it's fine. I don't know how long it's going to last, but then fans are cheap and other versions of this charger don't even have one.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 05:15 PM
Joined Jan 2008
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skycruiser
I'm happy with it's charging and balancing. I've done everything from 2s800 to 3s2p3400 via the 6s port and an adapter. I also charged two sets of NiMh last night with no false peaking. My only problem with it is the fan - every so often when it starts up it sounds like it's eaten a handful of sand. I just stop the charge and restart it, and it's fine. I don't know how long it's going to last, but then fans are cheap and other versions of this charger don't even have one.
I am just cautious about the charger for now because of the fact that it seems to be the same as the imax b6 in size, screen, buttons, plug ins, and the b6 is even mentioned on the accucel page. That charger (the b6) has been problematic (from what I have read) to a few people. Hopfully they have fixed those problems in the turnigy accucel model.

Glad to hear you are having good results. I will hold off until a few others do as well. Thanks for your input.
TyphoonBond is offline Find More Posts by TyphoonBond
Old Jul 15, 2008, 08:16 AM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,430 Posts
Guy's how long did it take for hobbyking.com to take to ship out your orders?
I placed a order for a charger on the 7th that was 8 days ago and when i look at my order status it still says it did not ship?
How long did it take to get your charger from them?