Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:57 AM
Wallop!
Bussum, Netherlands
Joined Oct 2009
766 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by robdram View Post
<snip>
i hope it all made sense! and this was my first ever post here i think...on top of everything else i have a bad memory! lol happy flying guys.
Made sense Rob, although not perfectly. I think the deviation is relative, not absolute. Also the calibration walks from -20 to +20 points which is very limited. I've just done a quick test:

2s-lipo:
-20: 7.54V
+20: 7.64V

3s-lipo:
-20: 11.27V
+20: 11.42V

So per cell it varies just 0.05V. Assuming that your charger has no deviation at all, your lipo can only be 0.025V lower than what you read (per cell); negligible.

Btw, welcome to the forum. Hope you'll have a great time here!

Martin
Martin7182 is offline Find More Posts by Martin7182
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:04 AM
It's all about Quadcopters
United Kingdom, England, Surrey
Joined Nov 2012
358 Posts
Quick one

Heres my Buddy Code for anyone buying this charger in the UK Warehouse:
http://www.hobbyking.com/buddy.asp?c...3-0C7E85570E65

Every Penny Counts!
ecreative is offline Find More Posts by ecreative
Old Jan 12, 2013, 04:22 PM
Austria, Stmk., Graz
Joined Sep 2011
437 Posts
Hy,

I somewhere read, that some Accucell-6 can measure the internal resistance of batteries. Has anyone tried to extract the FW from those versions and flash it onto the other ones?
Hasi is offline Find More Posts by Hasi
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:17 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Hi Folks,

I have been trying to find the formula for the Storage feature. I'm new and don't want to be in error on the storage setup. When I am in setup to store a 1800mah (3S) 11.1v I have the choices of 0.1 thru 1.0 to choose from. I'm not up to snuff on this.
What is the formula or guide line for using this feature as per Volt, mah and Cell count. Thanks.
gapi is offline Find More Posts by gapi
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:42 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gapi View Post
Hi Folks,

I have been trying to find the formula for the Storage feature. I'm new and don't want to be in error on the storage setup. When I am in setup to store a 1800mah (3S) 11.1v I have the choices of 0.1 thru 1.0 to choose from. I'm not up to snuff on this.
What is the formula or guide line for using this feature as per Volt, mah and Cell count. Thanks.
go as high as you can- which btw won't be much, since it's limited in power. You'll also notice your charger getting quite warm to almost hot. To discharge that 1800 from full to storage, probably will run about 2-3 hrs.

It's better just to get a tail light bulb and discharge your Lipos that way and save your charger for charging duties.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:48 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Thanks, Heh! Hate to be a pain but tell me about the tail light thing. Put a meter on it and drain it down to ??
Old Jan 23, 2013, 09:52 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Heh! Hate to be a pain but tell me about the tail light thing. Put a meter on it and drain it down to ??
discharge to 3.8v/cell

don't leave it on the bulb and forget; otherwise you'll end up with a bubbly Lipo at 0v.

check this out:

Properly discharging your Lipos (storage) (2 min 47 sec)
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:01 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcalldaylong View Post
Go as high as you can- which btw won't be much, since it's limited in power. You'll also notice your charger getting quite warm to almost hot. To discharge that 1800 from full to storage, probably will run about 2-3 hrs.
It's better just to get a tail light bulb and discharge your Lipos that way and save your charger for charging duties.
Thanks, Just for curiosities sake I ran a .9 storage cycle on a 3C 1800 battery and it seemed to do very well. It was in a Half way to 3/4 full state.

I kept waiting for the heat you mentioned but the charger maybe got warm but hardly and the battery was room temp.

Perhaps my new one has improvements? The fan runs but is dead silent.

This is one of the main reasons I purchased this unit. Shame if I need to avoid the feature.

I am still cautious about it because of your experienced words,
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:12 PM
North Georgia
Joined Oct 2010
410 Posts
Walkera Kit Charger GA005 Known For Over Charging

Hi,

I recently purchased a Walkera Master CP ARF kit with Heli and Batt only.

The battery was a generic black wrapped 25c 1000 mah.

I used a small Walkera kit charger the GA005 that came with my RTF Walkera V400D02 that only has the 3 & 4-pin connectors. I have charged the Walkeras 1100mah battery a few times with no indecent.

When I charged the generic 1000mah I could hear the charger clicking as it usually does at the top and the light went green.

The battery was so puffed up and tight it made me weary of it. I did the taillight bulb thing I learned here.

I called the dealer because I had no idea and he said those Walkera chargers are notorious for that and he suggested another charger (already had a tracking number on the Accucell 6) and sent me another.

I wanted to put out about that little charger and will plug for HeliRCStore (NC USA) for the excellent service before and after the sale.

I found him in my quest to avoid the China waiting game thing just to save $5.00 or $10.00.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:13 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, Just for curiosities sake I ran a .9 storage cycle on a 3C 1800 battery and it seemed to do very well. It was in a Half way to 3/4 full state.

I kept waiting for the heat you mentioned but the charger maybe got warm but hardly and the battery was room temp.

Perhaps my new one has improvements? The fan runs but is dead silent.

This is one of the main reasons I purchased this unit. Shame if I need to avoid the feature.

I am still cautious about it because of your experienced words,
I'm out in california, so perhaps the room i'm in is already warm to start with

it's good it worked out well, but I'd still use the light bulb method to discharge.

anyways, mine went at least 3000+ charges over 5 years and was still kicking when I sold it for $20. Not bad for a charger I bought for $28 shipped.

Yes. that fan is quiet until you hit a couple thousand charges, then you have to put a drop or so oil into it.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:31 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,648 Posts
Quote:
discharge to 3.8v/cell

don't leave it on the bulb and forget; otherwise you'll end up with a bubbly Lipo at 0v.

check this out:
Can you get a close-up shot of the connector to the bulb?
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:09 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
Can you get a close-up shot of the connector to the bulb?
there's no connector...at least not on mine.

the bulb just has 2 prongs that come out and I just soldered them to the + and - wires which went to the female jst.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:20 PM
United States, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Sep 2010
1,648 Posts
Quote:
there's no connector...at least not on mine.

the bulb just has 2 prongs that come out and I just soldered them to the + and - wires which went to the female jst.
Which bulb is that?
BryanEW710 is offline Find More Posts by BryanEW710
Old Jan 24, 2013, 04:25 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanEW710 View Post
Which bulb is that?
You can use any bulb that is close to 12v (3s), 16v (4s) and so on...

I think I used a variant of this one:

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/par...er=493802_0_0_

The more bulbs you put on, the more amps it discharges.

FYI - you want a slow discharge... < 1C
it's been shown that at 1C, you literally don't suck any life out of the Lipo.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:17 PM
7SP
- Remove before flight -
Under a rock...
Joined Dec 2006
324 Posts
Another thing you can use is a PC Fan(s) to discharge your packs.

You can find 12volt muffin fans that draw from .05 - to 1.5amps. You can ether use a small fan along with the tail light bulb or a larger one alone. The nice thing is you can build a simple charging station and mount the fan to point at your battery / bulb to keep everything cool at the same time...

If your charging some batteries, the discharging of others can be used to keep the charger and batteries all cool. Why let all that good energy go to waste burning a light bulb when it can be used to help keep everything cool.

7SP
7SP is offline Find More Posts by 7SP
Last edited by 7SP; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:25 PM.