HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:41 PM
Joined Jun 2008
8 Posts
Discussion
Charger turnigy accucel-6 balance

Hi everyone,
I'm french, and no one in my country has ever heard of this charger, it must be new!! :

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...r_&_Discharger

Do you know this product and can it be compared to the famous IMAX B5 or B6 catégory? It's got many functions: discharge, balancer for Lipos, cooling fan but it isn't as well known as the IMAX!
Should I take the risk to order this charger or do you recommend I should take the IMAX?
thanks a lot!

seb
bauvaisis is offline Find More Posts by bauvaisis
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:04 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,450 Posts
I am looking for a charger !! Driving me NUTS!!! all these chargers look the same with different names stamped on them some costing 2 times the price but look 100% the same!!!
reptileman is offline Find More Posts by reptileman
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:08 PM
Joined Jun 2008
8 Posts
I agree they all have the same functions and all look very nice but after do they work properly ??? This one costs less than 40 dollars and others are 3 times more expensive... explain that!!
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:14 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,450 Posts
Go figure!
Old Jun 29, 2008, 05:24 PM
Joined Jun 2008
8 Posts
This Turnigy charger has a 12 months warranty and I managed to find the manuel. It seems well made and prety secure.By the way I found it on a european site for 82€!! it musn't be that bad finaly!!! I think I'm going to order soon even from france it's worth it!! (strong euro...... lol)^^
If anyone else has détails,it would be great
thanks!
Last edited by bauvaisis; Jun 29, 2008 at 05:32 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:45 PM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,450 Posts
hunmmm ware did you find the manual?
Old Jun 29, 2008, 08:31 PM
kit
USA
Joined Oct 2001
695 Posts
Manual for Turnigy charger:

http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/s...CEL_manual.pdf

Hard to beat that $39.95 price for all it does.
kit is offline Find More Posts by kit
Old Jun 30, 2008, 04:21 AM
Joined Jun 2008
8 Posts
that's it!
for less than 40$, and with a 1 year warranty, I'll take the risk!
Old Jul 07, 2008, 02:26 AM
Joined Dec 2004
288 Posts
Ordered one from hobbycity. Shipping is a bit high being international ($12 for 1-4 week Air Mail). Hobbycity also annoyed me by showing USPS priority as a shipping option up until I went through the checkout procedure. I'm not sure why they even show USPS priority mail in the shopping cart considering they are based in Hong Kong.
kcobra is offline Find More Posts by kcobra
Old Jul 07, 2008, 09:11 AM
Joined Aug 2007
47 Posts
Shipping internationally with usps is easier than UPS or Fedex, there is a bunch of paper work required to use them and only a small sheet for usps. Been there done that!!!
tumper93 is offline Find More Posts by tumper93
Old Jul 07, 2008, 10:21 AM
Joined Dec 2004
288 Posts
I received clarification on the USPS Priority shipping option at HobbyCity. According to the CSR it's only for items stocked at the US "distribution" point. I got a quick response via email from the CSR and she was friendly.
kcobra is offline Find More Posts by kcobra
Old Jul 07, 2008, 10:26 AM
Gilbert, AZ
Gilbert, AZ
Joined May 2007
3,564 Posts
I bought one of these and just got it on Thursday July 3rd. The discharge function for lipos is pretty much worthless because the max rate is 1A. It will discharge to a set voltage but it takes forever .

It comes with adapters to charge with Dean's Ultra, JST, Receiver battery (servo type) and one other which I've never seen .

Hey, for $40 how can you go wrong? Unless something messes up & burns your house down . I also bought the adapter to charge two 3S batteries simultaneously through the 6S port.

It charges through the main tap on your battery but you also have to plug in the balancing tape to the side too.

The main wires from from the power source are really thin... not much thicker than servo wire... wonder how it can handle 5A...

I'm going to keep my eye on this one while using for quite a while. But for $40 with a 5A max charge rate, up to 6S lipos, A123 capable, NiCd/NiMh, and lead acid it's a steal .

It doesn't come with a manual so you'll need to download it from HC.
chalmrast is offline Find More Posts by chalmrast
Last edited by chalmrast; Jul 07, 2008 at 10:31 AM.
Old Jul 07, 2008, 10:35 AM
nj
Joined Jan 2004
1,450 Posts
So how accurate does it balance the lipo cells?
Old Jul 07, 2008, 03:26 PM
kit
USA
Joined Oct 2001
695 Posts
Just charged a 2S 900ma pack at .9amps and left it go until the charge rate dropped to .3amps. The charger showed both cells at 4.19volts. Taking the pack off the charger and measuring the cells with 3 diff. DVMs, gave me a voltage of 4.16 volts on both cells. Balancing accuracy is very good.
I then did a Lipo Storage function on the just charged pack. I set it for 1 amp, but the max discharge rate was only .7amps until it reached 7.6 volts on the pack, then the current started dropping. I again left it go till .3amps and measured the voltage on each cell which showed 3.79v and 3.80v.

I then tried a Lipo fast charge without using the balancing connector and it charged the pack fine. So it will charge packs that do not have a balancing connector.

As mentioned above, the power supply connection uses rather fine wire which should be heavier. Other than that I can find no problems with the charger. It's display is bright and easy to read. It's beep is not loud nor is the fan.

I am now charging a 4 cell nimh receiver pack to see how that goes.
kit is offline Find More Posts by kit
Old Jul 07, 2008, 03:35 PM
They will soar on wings..
USA, CA, Danville
Joined Aug 2004
1,163 Posts
Re: strange plug

Ni-starter/battery charger connector? Hey, anybody here remember glow?

Ron
rsasaki is offline Find More Posts by rsasaki