HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2008, 06:31 PM
Nucking Futs
Southern Killafornia
Joined Jan 2005
1,626 Posts
Discussion
What did you do for your planes today? This week?

Thought it would be interesting to see who does what and when on their planes. So without further delay, I'll start.

Today: Cut in ailerons, hinged 'em and made torque rods which I glued in for my new Meteor. I also joined the wing halves and they are curing downstairs as we speak.

This week: Picked up my wings and horizontal stab for above mentioned Meteor and sanded them to shape. Did the same thing on my IL10 outboard panel that I broke. I completed the linkages to my Le Fish, balanced it and maidened it at Fermin.

Not a bad week so far.

IRJ
I'm Rick James is offline Find More Posts by I'm Rick James
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:19 PM
Retired USAF
USA, SD, Piedmont
Joined Jul 2005
2,910 Posts
Let's see...

Made some SFGs for my 3DHS Yak...

Finished the SJ70 EDF I won in the Littlescreamers giveaway awhile back...

Added some finishing touches to the Quickee 500 e-conversion that my brother and I did...

Wait, is this the slope forum?

Epoxied in the balance weight for the Turbonator...

and managed to get some flight time in my yard just about every single night this week as there has been NO WIND here in Kansas for the past couple weeks (except as the thunderstorms blow through).
cynjon is offline Find More Posts by cynjon
Old Jun 28, 2008, 07:57 PM
that's gonna hurt...
USA, CA, San Jose
Joined May 2005
1,159 Posts
1. Made a jig to drill the wing rod holes for the blingeron in my new twisty wing fuselage.

2. Fixed the stripped gear in my Katana rudder servo

3. Serviced the 20+ year old vacuum pump in my bagging system, preparation for bagging some new twisty wings. Picked up about 4-5 inches of vacuum.

4. Visited 2 hobby shops looking for supplies to complete said twisty wing, stocked up on ply and brass tubing, because most hobby shops just don't carry that stuff anymore.

5. Ordered 2 sheets of Hi Load 40 for pick up on Monday - more goodies for the twisty wing.

Bruce
embracing both PNF and TWF
blewis01 is online now Find More Posts by blewis01
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:33 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
I repaced the gears in one of my wing servos for my FlyFly F-86 Sabre EDF, added some servo covers to reduce gear stripping on landing and redid the 80A ESC mounting so that the heatsink is now directly in the intake flow to enhance cooling.

I also replaced the stripped servos in the wings of my Multiplex Cortina with some beefy 100+ oz-in metal geared jobs.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:41 PM
Joined Jan 2003
6,934 Posts
My re-built Mach Dart has been having problems with the v-tail pushrod (cold solder joints) so I used JB Weld instead- worked great. Should have used it first.

I had a minor crash with my Shredder two weeks ago landing in a southy wind at Tick. It was dead-stalled, nothing worked, tried everything. Full nose down and it still just coasted along right on the shoulder of Hwy 1. It finally landed itself there. It scratched the wingtip and popped the wingrod tube loose in the fuse, so a little CA for the wingtube and a little putty for the scratches on the underside of the wingtip.
slopemeno is offline Find More Posts by slopemeno
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:03 PM
Gravity sucks
United States, WA, Richland
Joined Mar 2006
2,499 Posts
Finished covering and balancing my Guppy (electric balsa sailplane, not foam sloper ); programmed it into my Evo 9; thought about maidening it but the honey-do list took priority...maybe tomorrow.
SrWade is offline Find More Posts by SrWade
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:13 PM
United States, MS, Amory
Joined Oct 2004
1,412 Posts
1. Continued to work on my Scorpion.
2. Worked with my son on his Riser.
3. Had 5 plans scanned to .Tiff and .Pdf
4. Did my first trial cuts on my Mystery plane I will do a build thread and not reveal what it is until someone guesses.
5. Looking for what else I can build while paints drying.

I gota find more more to do.

Gene
mtnmnstr is offline Find More Posts by mtnmnstr
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:51 PM
On the banana boat
San Diego,Montgomery
Joined Oct 2004
847 Posts
Come on guy's today is Saturday ofcourse I let some of them out for air
Throne is offline Find More Posts by Throne
Old Jun 28, 2008, 11:07 PM
Paonia, Colorado
Joined Sep 2004
2,465 Posts
Just finished the Destiny Remix, a recycled Destiny wing on a custom carbon-socked fuselage, complete w X-Tail. I got it balanced, and flew it the other day in marginal winds. It's gonna be great......

Today, I did some painting and trim work, and moved the CG back a little to 68mm. Now waiting for some decent wind to get it moving.....
Mike Furcolow is offline Find More Posts by Mike Furcolow
Last edited by Mike Furcolow; Jun 28, 2008 at 11:18 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:32 AM
Feeling FrSky
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
20,091 Posts
I finished this:

My planes will soon be getting to the slope under Surfimp Power

Steve
surfimp is offline Find More Posts by surfimp
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 29, 2008, 09:37 AM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,419 Posts
- I dialed in a LEG 1D that was given to me (almost brand new!) and readied it for a remaiden.

- Rebuilt the motor mount for my Seawind float plane and completely waterproofed everything. (Float planes are the shizzle!)

- Touched all the others so they know they're loved.

mw
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Jun 29, 2008, 11:59 AM
Terry Harner AREA-52
United States, AZ, Litchfield Park
Joined May 2007
593 Posts
Rebuilt the 6+ year old cnc rig Added linear rails on all axis and IGUS cable guide for the wires = NO MORE baby sitting wihile cutting. Still need to really consolodate the electronics package, or just build all new electronics for bipolar control.
The End is offline Find More Posts by The End
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:10 PM
Say when.....
United States, MO, Hillsboro
Joined Sep 2005
1,389 Posts
I finished up my Twinstar II. It is ready for it's first flight if the weather cooperates today. I know it's got those twirly things on the front, but nobody said it had to be a sailplane right?...

More pics and details here...http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886411

--quigley
quigley257 is offline Find More Posts by quigley257
Last edited by quigley257; Jun 29, 2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:27 PM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quigley257
I finished up my Twinstar II. It is ready for it's first flight if the weather cooperates today. I know it's got those twirly things on the front, but nobody said it had to be a sailplane right?...

--quigley
...dang Glen, it looks only slightly overpowered......

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jun 29, 2008, 12:42 PM
Say when.....
United States, MO, Hillsboro
Joined Sep 2005
1,389 Posts
You know as well as I do that isn't really possible is it?...

--quigley
quigley257 is offline Find More Posts by quigley257