Closed Thread
Old Jun 28, 2008, 12:29 PM
P-61 WWII Night Fighter
Sylmar, CA
Joined Jan 2004
1,538 Posts
Discussion
006400 Christen Eagle Electric Rc Airplane Receiver Ready Kit $89.99

# The Christen Eagle is one of the most recognized show airplanes in the world.
# This highly aerobatic scale biplane is accurately molded in EPS for light weight.
# The distinctive and colorful Christen Eagle color trim is applied at the factory.
# With the coupled ailerons, the Christen Eagle can snap roll in the blink of an eye and do the nicest inverted flat spins.
# Aerobatic performance is provided by a 110 Watt, brushless outrunner motor – installed.
# Power to the outrunner motor is provided by an 18 amp, brushless ESC with BEC – installed.
# The included 3S, 11.4 volt, 1800 mAh LiPo battery powers the Eagle for 10+ minutes of thrilling flying.
# All assembly hardware is included, rudder and elevator pushrods installed.
# Assembly is quick and easy…no gluing, simple screw together assembly

http://www.coxmodels.com/prodinfo.asp?number=006400
Solcat is offline Find More Posts by Solcat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2008, 02:57 PM
Gary, IN, USA
Joined Jul 1999
994 Posts
Excellent flyer! The motor was slightly out of balance so I pulled the magnet drum and balanced it on a prop balancer. Also balanced the prop. Beyond 50', it is now so quiet that you have no clue where the Eagle is if you take your eyes off it for a second. I sure wish Cox sold extra battery packs for it, but they don't. I wiped on a seal coat of a shiney acrylic floor polish (smells good). The wheels are too small for grass fields. Landings and take-offs on hard smooth areas are very good. It has a good stable hand launch if you use about 2/3s throttle. The aileron control wire joiner is fragile, so be careful during assembley. I do use a simple rigging line to stiffen the wings. You may need a little more tape to hold the canopy on. All this is tweaking that I enjoy when it has the results like this good looking, good flying airplane.
Jim Petro is offline Find More Posts by Jim Petro
Old Jun 28, 2008, 09:47 PM
San Gabriel Valley, CA
Joined Mar 2008
1,756 Posts
Is it 'receiver ready' or 'radio ready'? Are the servos included?
thx,
tai626 is offline Find More Posts by tai626
Old Jun 28, 2008, 10:33 PM
R.I.P. Mom & Airshow Friends!
Titusville fl.
Joined Sep 2006
778 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tai626
Is it 'receiver ready' or 'radio ready'? Are the servos included?
thx,
Think of it as a PNP with battery but, without servos or a ARF with BL motor, ESC and battery.

Radio System:
4-channel radio control system
with 3 micro servos and approximately 17 oz in torque, each.
Must be purchased separately.

Power System:
110-Watt Brushless outrunner motor installed.
18-amp sensorless electronic speed control with BEC installed.

Battery System:
3S, 11.1 volt, 1800mAh LiPo Battery included.
Charger needs to be purchased separately.
BigTonE is offline Find More Posts by BigTonE
Last edited by BigTonE; Jun 28, 2008 at 10:39 PM.
Closed Thread