HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2008, 04:21 AM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
I find it disconcerting that there are so few build pictures, the parts are numbered but no numbers on the drawings except for the ribs. Going is very slow...
Skyshark is offline Find More Posts by Skyshark
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2008, 03:45 PM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Coffs Harbour NSW Australia
Joined May 2006
457 Posts
Yes unfortunately the build takes a fair bit of "assumption". I always find pictures in valuable and unfortunately some of the pictures in the instructions have not been updated to suit the latest version of build. If i could suggest anything for the future it would be to at least print where the body parts belong to. It is confusing to sort out body, wing head and neck with some parts not shown on the plans. So far I have managed to work it out but I also have a couple of parts left over.
EeleyEagle is online now Find More Posts by EeleyEagle
Old Nov 21, 2008, 07:16 PM
God is my pilot
United States, MI, Kalamazoo Township
Joined Aug 2006
2,376 Posts
Yes, it takes a little time to sort out all the pieces, I'll agree. We need to remember the Petroworks is a guys hobby/side job.

I'll shoot some more pictures since my bird still isn't covered.
Anything anyone wants to see specifically?
JimTMich is offline Find More Posts by JimTMich
Last edited by JimTMich; Dec 05, 2008 at 07:39 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2008, 02:59 PM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
457 Posts
Hey thanks for the photos.Now I have realised that I haven't filled in the bottom side of the head.I am planing on using 2 speed controllers in mine but trying to decide where to put them ! I also put my bind nuts in earlier than indicated in the manual and glued in a vertical support under them instead.If i can work out how to put photos on this site then i will shoot some through. I also like the idea of the servo doors instead of mounting them internal for good.
Andrew
Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:21 PM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
457 Posts
Blind Nuts

[IMG]RIMG0919.jpg [/IMG] [IMG]RIMG0918.jpg [/IMG] Hopefully photos of how I did the blind nuts
Old Nov 22, 2008, 07:21 PM
God is my pilot
Joined Aug 2006
2,376 Posts
Thanks!

Two speed controls is the right way to do this, so good job investing hte extra money. If it was me I would install them in the fuse because the fuse is ventilated, and that would make replacement of a failed ESC easier.

Important note on aileron servo.I installed 18" servo extensions in each wing so that I can change servos without having to take the bird appard.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 03:55 AM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
457 Posts
I am putting in two 18amp speedies but on a trial fit it doesn't seem to all fit. At this stage I have them mounted in the wing centre as its the only place left for them. If anybody has photos of the radio installation in the fuse then i would appreciate seeing them.
Thanks
Old Dec 25, 2008, 08:27 PM
It's a BIG park
Killeen/Ft. Hood
Joined Apr 2007
1,088 Posts
JimT,
EeleyEagle,

How's the builds going ?
Any maidens yet ?

I twisted my arm and made myself order one today.

Ric
PrkFlyrRic is offline Find More Posts by PrkFlyrRic
Old Dec 26, 2008, 04:03 AM
SINK HAPPENS !!!!
Joined May 2006
457 Posts
Sorry no maiden flight yet. Build is slow as I actually have 5 planes on the building board so I spread myself between them all. I now have my wings almost sheetedin balsa. Only have the rib caps to go. I have at this stage put my two 18amp speedies in the centre of the wing as there is not enough room for two speedies, a reciever, 2 servos and a 3s lipo pack to all fit in the body.
Old Dec 26, 2008, 08:00 AM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
I also have not done much. I have three planes on the building board and put the 'dak on the back burner until I have the money to buy the motors / ESC's.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 06:59 PM
It's a BIG park
Killeen/Ft. Hood
Joined Apr 2007
1,088 Posts
EeleyEagle,
I also have a couple on the board, I hope to have it cleared of atleast one soon.

Skyshark,
I know the feeling, I have the motors but still have to order the ECS's.

Ron suprised me, I ordered it on Christmas evening and the next day he emailed me that it'd be in the mail on Monday. With the holidays I figured I wouldn't hear anything until next week some time.

Is anyone running counter-rotating props ? I haven't noticed anything on that. Wondering if it would make a differance?

Ric
Last edited by PrkFlyrRic; Dec 28, 2008 at 04:28 AM.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 08:07 PM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
I have several twin motor planes, some with and some without counter rotating props. I don't see any difference in flight.
Old Dec 27, 2008, 10:19 PM
God is my pilot
Joined Aug 2006
2,376 Posts
I haven't made any progress lately. Thanksgiving and Christmas slowed me down. That and a Mountain Models Switchback Senior wing in needed to build.
Old Dec 28, 2008, 04:58 AM
It's a BIG park
Killeen/Ft. Hood
Joined Apr 2007
1,088 Posts
Skyshark,
Thanks, I'm still thinking about it, prop availability is the hold back.

JimT,
I'm finishing a MM Mustang build now, just received the replacement SBSr. canopy frame I messed up, and the repair parts for my ETana.
I'm going to "TRY" and hold off on the Dac until I get some work done.
Ric