HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2008, 08:40 AM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Discussion
Pelikan Waco Biplane

Hi All
I haven't seen any chatter here on E-Zone about the Waco being offered by Hobby Lobby. Has anyone here taken the plunge?? Anyone have any thoughts or feedback??
Jim
Skyshark is offline Find More Posts by Skyshark
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2008, 03:51 PM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Nothing?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 09:33 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,548 Posts
I avoid planes with wheel pants.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Jun 26, 2008, 04:30 AM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Well, that's something, I guess.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 06:51 AM
QPower 18650
Sunshine Coast
Joined Jun 2006
1,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyKillmore
I avoid planes with wheel pants.
You could always leave them off.
madhun1 is offline Find More Posts by madhun1
Old Sep 02, 2008, 10:11 PM
build, fly, crash, repeat ...
Oregon
Joined Jan 2004
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyshark
Hi All
I haven't seen any chatter here on E-Zone about the Waco being offered by Hobby Lobby. Has anyone here taken the plunge?? Anyone have any thoughts or feedback??
Jim
I've been looking at that plane to, if it's this one :http://www.hobby-lobby.com/waco.htm

I did some extensive Internet searching to see if I could find out where Hobby Lobby is getting it, maybe some more info on the kit, but haven't found much of anything.

For 150 bucks, it seems like a fairly decent deal, brushless, li-po, 72 MHz radio, wish I could find out more about it.

I was doing a search for it here, and came across this thread, but it looks like your looking for the same information I am, maybe someone should just break down and get one and see what it's really like?

I watched the video they have on-line, and it seems like a pretty slow flyer, the colors of the plane look nice, but that Hobby Lobby Logo they got stuck to the top of the wing kind of wrecks the looks of the plane in my opinion, if I did get one, I'd hope I could get that logo off the wing with out wrecking the paint or foam under it.
Stuart Linfoot is offline Find More Posts by Stuart Linfoot
Old Sep 03, 2008, 01:38 PM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Hi Stuart
Last thing I heard was this biplane coming to Hobby Lobby on 9/5. Just a couple of days now...unless they push it out...again!
Old Sep 04, 2008, 03:37 AM
Oregon
Joined Jan 2004
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Hi Stuart
Last thing I heard was this biplane coming to Hobby Lobby on 9/5. Just a couple of days now...unless they push it out...again!
I did find the company making the plane, it's RCM-Pelikan rcm-pelikan.cz but good luck reading the page, I searched for a long time and never did find anything on that plane.

I just checked Hobby Lobby's web page and it shows it as being in stock, so .....I blindly ordered it, we shell see, that's the first time I ever ordered anything with out knowing anything about it first, but my curiosity got the better of me, I donít think the radio is all that great, but maybe with some better quality gear, it would make a nice plane?
Last edited by Stuart Linfoot; Sep 04, 2008 at 04:20 AM.
Old Sep 04, 2008, 07:55 AM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
Hi Stuart
Do keep us posted. I want to buy the plane also but the wife lost her job so I have to be more careful with where the money goes. I did talk with Bob at HL a while ago. He said they will not sell the Waco without the radio. So I had planned to replace it anyway. Let us know what you impressions are.
Jim
Old Sep 04, 2008, 05:26 PM
Oregon
Joined Jan 2004
1,923 Posts
Quote:
Hi Stuart
Do keep us posted. I want to buy the plane also but the wife lost her job so I have to be more careful with where the money goes. I did talk with Bob at HL a while ago. He said they will not sell the Waco without the radio. So I had planned to replace it anyway. Let us know what you impressions are.
Jim
I'll post pictures of it when it shows up, I think it's an ok plane, but after seeing another review of a Pelikan Citabria and some close up's of that radio, I'm inclined to think that the radio may be somewhat less quality then what would be hoped for, I did notice that you can down load the manual for the plane in PDF format from Hobby Lobby, but it only covers the assembly of the plane, the rest of the manual starting at the radio has been omitted from the file, so that kind of leaves me to question the quality of the radio system that comes with it. I'm really not trying to knock anyone or any manufactures, I'm just giving my honest opinion of what I'm thinking of the kit at this point with out seeing it first hand, I find it kind of odd that they will post the manual but leave the part about the radio out of it
Old Sep 05, 2008, 08:29 AM
South of Boston, Ma.
Joined Mar 2004
1,273 Posts
I have a box of TX's that have come with decent planes. My opinion of them is they are junk. I would rather spend some extra money on quality radio gear, ( or buy the plane without it), than risk losing a good plane. My 2 cents.
Old Sep 05, 2008, 12:16 PM
Oregon
Joined Jan 2004
1,923 Posts
that's the way I look at it, I'll end up changing out the radio gear before I'm through, the last cheap radio I had, I ended up giving it to someone starting out in rc, I'll do the same with this one
Old Sep 05, 2008, 12:20 PM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,257 Posts
Its in stock today,& i ordered one.Will be delivered Wed...RTR
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Sep 05, 2008, 12:38 PM
Oregon
Joined Jan 2004
1,923 Posts
mines on it's way to, looks like the dude in the brown truck is bringing it, should be here Thursday the 11th
Old Sep 05, 2008, 12:41 PM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,257 Posts
Well have 2 see how this one flies ! Quite a bit of wing area w/ low wt..Should be a floater...RTR
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon