HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 24, 2008, 05:02 AM
The thruster don't work!
Fairborn, OH
Joined Oct 2002
414 Posts
She is pretty small with a 21 in span and 147 square inces of wing and weighing up to 17 ounces. I think I did the conversions right.
I know most of you guys don't like landing gear on your planes but I like to shoot landings.
I wonder if Kyosho will follow up with a Navy version?
I can see myself now, catching the hook.
Roy E Oetting is offline Find More Posts by Roy E Oetting
Last edited by Roy E Oetting; Jun 24, 2008 at 07:39 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2008, 06:46 AM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,422 Posts
Tim,

Does it have the same fan/motor combo as the F-16 and A-6??
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:43 AM
DX6i,DX7..low on model memory!
SUFFOLK, ENGLAND
Joined Jan 2008
326 Posts
Hi Tim,

Great Phantom, when can we expect them in the u.k.? (I would like to get one in the early days this time, then I won't have 699 threads to read like I did with the F16!........only five days to go before my birthday present arrives!)

Cheers

Colin.
malcolxl is offline Find More Posts by malcolxl
Old Jun 24, 2008, 10:47 AM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,653 Posts
I would want landing gear on an F-4 as well. Then i could paint a carrier deck on the street in front of my house. LOL.

Nice looking plane, i dont care about a couple control links sticking out. If you can see those from the air youre flying to slow.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:39 AM
Member 120mph Club
Joined Oct 2004
12,422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cray2602
I would want landing gear on an F-4 as well. Then i could paint a carrier deck on the street in front of my house. LOL.

Nice looking plane, i dont care about a couple control links sticking out. If you can see those from the air youre flying to slow.
Ok, Cray now your reeeaaallly making me mad... first a nice "private" paved runway with a huge field next to it right next to your house and now a "private" carrier deck!! Its not fair!! Want to adopt me?? I can support myself if that will help
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:41 PM
Carbon fiber is our friend
United States, CA, Lodi
Joined Feb 2001
4,083 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarreraGTSCS
Not negativity. We're slowly learning to expect more from a $200 foamy.
Any comments or suggestions are seen as negative concerning Kyosho. This F-4 looks like it could be bashed in to a really nice F-4 if you want to go that exra mile. It's a lot of work though. Get out the band saw and 60 grit to fix the wings!

I showed how their Mirage and F-16 can be fixed up with some changes. They could easily take these planes up a notch, but don't care. At least it gives a chance for a few guys to mod them and end up with something that performs with a better range of speed and handling than all of the stock ones. I just think people expect that extra bit already in the box when they're spending $200 on what has been called "just foam".

Steve C
Steve C is offline Find More Posts by Steve C
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:54 PM
Plane Crazy!!!
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Joined Sep 2006
754 Posts
I'm mostly disappointed that it has no ailerons with just partial elevators instead of full stabs...

Full working stabs would have been a better option if no ailerons.. ala the Phase-3 F-16.
Kilo60 is offline Find More Posts by Kilo60
Old Jun 29, 2008, 04:31 PM
U break it U pay for it
Hertfordshire UK
Joined Jul 2007
240 Posts
Just found out likely to hit UK end of next week.

Price will be same as the F-16 and A6 Intruder.

BRIT_BULLDOG is offline Find More Posts by BRIT_BULLDOG
Old Jul 01, 2008, 12:30 AM
Split S
United States, CA, Rancho Santa Margarita
Joined Jul 2006
1,975 Posts
Well I stopped by the field right after work, and tossed the F-4 in to the air. On hand launch I did not need to do much. The airplane climbed for the clouds. I played around with the trims a bit to get it flying level and straight. After that I went for some glide approaches, and then low fly-bys, as well as loops and rolls. This airplane feels more stable than the F-16. I hope to have some video of the F-4 here very soon.

Atis, the motor in the F-4 is different. The motor is more efficient.
TimJohnson is online now Find More Posts by TimJohnson
Last edited by TimJohnson; Jul 01, 2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old Jul 01, 2008, 06:22 AM
Member 120mph Club
Joined Oct 2004
12,422 Posts
Tim, Is it higher KV? Will it sitll handle 4s? I want her to scream across the field...figure I would have to change out the ESC to go 4s but want to make sure the motor can handle it.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 01, 2008, 11:25 AM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
1,975 Posts
I am going to assume that yes it will. But I do not know for sure, because I have not tested this motor on 4s.
Old Jul 01, 2008, 02:33 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,525 Posts
Hey Tim... it's Jimmy from Minizracer.... (we met at RCX where you first teased me with this thing)

I would, as well as many others, like to see a video of this thing in action. Many are worried that the tailerons may not have enough authority to really swing this bird around... it would be nice to see what they can REALLY do... and to see what the single motor does as far as power is concerned
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jul 01, 2008, 02:49 PM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
1,975 Posts
Yeah, I know. Anyhow, I should have video this week sometime. Wednesday the video shoot will be done, then it is up to the editor from there.

What field are you flying at? I am planning on flying at three different fields this weekend, 4th 5th and 6th. I am thinking Apollo 11, some field in San Diego area, then may be whitter narrows....If you or anyone else has a suggestion, I am all ears.
Last edited by TimJohnson; Jul 02, 2008 at 06:43 AM.
Old Jul 02, 2008, 05:04 PM
PROFESSOR TRUTH JIMMY ICE
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2003
6,525 Posts
Well I usually fly at Sepulveda basin... but I haven't been there in ages

Hung out with Steve P., Cliff, Bryan N. and some others this weekend at Mini Meet West in Irvine.... you shoulda been there...
Akura2 is offline Find More Posts by Akura2
Old Jul 02, 2008, 05:07 PM
Split S
Joined Jul 2006
1,975 Posts
rofl OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH now I remeber ROFL.......

BTW I woke up at 0330 for everyone, so that I may get video for the masses...LOL I hope to post up video of the F-4 here in the next few days.