SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jun 22, 2009, 06:54 AM
Flying electric since 1986
USA, IN, Brownsburg
Joined Oct 2000
1,764 Posts
I had to enlarge the battery box slightly so I could move the pack back for CG purposes.
Mark Wolf is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wolf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Stevens Aeromodel Skybuggy 100
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 09, 2009, 11:28 AM
Oxford UK
Joined May 2008
450 Posts
anyone flying these on 35 mhz ?? any interferance issues ?
vinno is offline Find More Posts by vinno
Old Aug 09, 2009, 01:03 PM
United Kingdom, England, Chester
Joined Jun 2009
53 Posts
yes i am flying one on 35mhz and i have alot of interferance but only when the motor is not running!! i have no interferance when at full power or low power!! not sure what the problem is as i also have the F-16 and that is fine!! I am slowly putting everything on 2.4G so maybe this will sort out the problem!
paulhunter is offline Find More Posts by paulhunter
Old Aug 10, 2009, 02:46 PM
Oxford UK
Joined May 2008
450 Posts
cheers Paul ,
the Intruder is ok on 35mhz then? Am a skint luddite so am stuck with 35meg have sourced a phantom but have been warned edf's and 35mhz don t get on too well ?
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:38 AM
Joined Jun 2009
53 Posts
I have 8 edf jets and the phantom is the only one which i have problems with on 35mhz so it is prob a dodgy phantom and the one you have sourced will be fine.
Alot of people fly the phantom on 35mhz and have no problems.
Paul
Old Aug 11, 2009, 06:22 AM
Oxford UK
Joined May 2008
450 Posts
cheers again Paul , that is a relief!! Will get 2.4 but am waaaaayyy to skint currently! are they ok on the stock setup ? This will be my first edf......
Old Aug 11, 2009, 10:48 AM
Fan-atic
Plain ole KS
Joined Jan 2008
1,654 Posts
Stock setup is fine if you use the recomended battery size. And absolutely make sure it isnt nose heavy. Mine always handled horrible if it was even a tad bit nose heavy, with CG set as per the manual it handles good.
cray2602 is offline Find More Posts by cray2602
Old Aug 11, 2009, 03:25 PM
Joined Jun 2009
53 Posts
yes the stock set up is fine and i used a slightly bigger battery than the recomended one but cant remember which is was now and i wont be home for a couple of weeks to check.
Old Aug 11, 2009, 05:03 PM
Oxford UK
Joined May 2008
450 Posts
cheers guys
Old Mar 14, 2013, 01:31 AM
Helicopter Baron
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Feb 2012
66 Posts
Just picked one of these up from A Main Hobbies. It looks good but I'm disappointed about a few things. I wonder if the build quality has gone down since these first came out. For starters, one of the servos had an issue right out of the box where a little pressure on the top of the arm would cause it to snap about 20 degrees to the side. I don't know whether there would ever be that strong of a downward pressure during flight but the servo is clearly defective and I don't want to risk it. So that was one thing I needed to replace right out off of the box. Actually, since I prefer to keep aileron/taileron servos matched, I replaced them both... so make that two servos I had to buy right away.

Secondly, the ESC came completely unlabeled (sure wish I knew what it was rated for), the batteries leads looked like that had been hacked off with a spoon, and throttle comes on with almost no throttle at all. It sounds like people sometimes have trouble with them anyway, so I went ahead and replaced it with an 18A speed control I had. According to my amp meter, the plane drew just 13A at full throttle with the original ESC.

While I was making improvements, I also went ahead and replaced the wire control rods with carbon fiber ones. However, space is tight under the cover so I'm going to have to replace the bolts on the Du-Bro connectors with a set screw.

This cheap little adventure is starting to add up a bit. This thing had better fly great (although I know better than to expect that.)
spaaarky21 is offline Find More Posts by spaaarky21