HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:21 AM
Flying101
United States, NC, Durham
Joined Aug 2007
10 Posts
Discussion
Magnum xls .61 2-stroke

Two issues with my recently purchased Magnum xls .61 2-stroke engine: 1) the throttle closes to maybe 1/4 open at end of travel, I think it should be fully closed...how do I fix this?; and 2) during first start-up at full throttle the engine RPM slowed and then the engine shut off. Help! FYI, the carb is located about 1/2" to 1" above the clunk. I can invert the engine (glow plug pointing down) so that the carb is about level with the clunk. Is this OK for engine operation? Where can I find good, thorough operating instructions for the Magnum engine?
cghermanson is offline Find More Posts by cghermanson
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 23, 2008, 06:21 AM
Registered User Wannabe
Southwest Mississippi, USA
Joined Jan 2008
1,529 Posts
re: the carb - either the idle/barrel stop screw (the screw on the top of the carb) is too far in and you need to adjust it or something on the carb barrel is binding as it turns into the carb - a little burr can keep it from going all the way in - if that's the prob, sand off the burr. You can remove the barrel by removing the aforementioned stop screw but watch for the spring that comes out.

re: manual - I did a google search for magnum engine manual and found them in pdf on the net. I don't have the link on this computer but you should be able to find it.
rodneygt is offline Find More Posts by rodneygt