HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:08 AM
Joined Jun 2008
62 Posts
Help!
Thingking of FMA FS8 and 900 mhz FPV system (read this first!!)

Guys, i desperately need some help here..

My first ever FPV flying almost ended in disaster. I'm at the park getting ready for my first ever FPV flight. While checking all the controls, the heli suddenly stop responding for a few seconds and went to full throttle
After about 15 seconds of horrifying moment i finally managed to gain control activate the throttle hold. It turned out the FPV system is causing glitches to the Fs8 receiver. I tried to move the FS8 receiver antenna away from the Video tx but still had lots of glitches. Any idea to solve the problem

Here is my setup, 900mhz FPV system with Stock T-Rex 450 and FMA FS8. My radio gear is Futaba 6exh at 72.810mhz.
Tramstop is offline Find More Posts by Tramstop
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:20 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,253 Posts
Interesting since I mentioned something about 9 pages ago with the regular FMA Co-Pilot.
typicalaimster is online now Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Jun 22, 2008, 11:45 AM
Joined Jun 2008
62 Posts
Hi typicalaimster,

Thanks for the head up. I guess this is it for my system unless i go for 2.4ghz video link or other flight stabilization system . There is no way to separate the video link tx with the FS8 system i my tiny T-Rex450 and it will be too risky to try it considering the potential danger.... Bummer
Old Jun 22, 2008, 02:44 PM
Joined May 2007
80 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tramstop
Hi typicalaimster,

Thanks for the head up. I guess this is it for my system unless i go for 2.4ghz video link or other flight stabilization system . There is no way to separate the video link tx with the FS8 system i my tiny T-Rex450 and it will be too risky to try it considering the potential danger.... Bummer
Dont give up! FPVing RC heli's are so much fun. I fly my HDX 450 with out a Stabilization system and it still fly's great!
rangerob is offline Find More Posts by rangerob
Old Jun 22, 2008, 04:59 PM
Miami
Joined Apr 2005
10,471 Posts
Try a differnt reciever with a CP 4. There have been many lockout issues with the FS8... Even with 2.4 GHZ I have been totally locked out of the FS8 at a pretty short distance.

JettPilot
JettPilot is online now Find More Posts by JettPilot
Site Sponsor
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:15 PM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
So have I. I think Scott was experiencing something else though. Another strange interference issue with the 900MHz transmitters. Those things give nice stable video, but mess with nearby electronics.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang
Old Jun 23, 2008, 07:00 AM
Joined Jun 2008
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinturbostang
So have I. I think Scott was experiencing something else though. Another strange interference issue with the 900MHz transmitters. Those things give nice stable video, but mess with nearby electronics.
What do you mean by other electronic devices ? I'm planning to get helicommand 3a to replace my FS8 because i reckon i will need it for AP anyway and probably a PCM system for the controls
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:58 AM
Fly FPV, sleep; repeat
Germantown, MD
Joined Mar 2006
3,376 Posts
Well, they make certain types of nearby servos twitch like crazy. Scott's CPD4 co-pilot somehow got stuck in configure mode or something like that. They can jam GPS sensors if mounted too close (ask me how I know!). And, not specifically related to flying, but they also screw with IR temperature guns.

However, watt for watt, they offer more range than 2.4GHz and less issues with multi-path distortions. Once properly set up, they give a beautiful video image.
twinturbostang is offline Find More Posts by twinturbostang