SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Cruzsin, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jun 21, 2008, 10:13 AM
Joined Dec 2006
348 Posts
Discussion
Turn the heater off

Here it is Saturday,my normal flying day,and it's too hot to fly.The temp yesterday reached 113,and today's forecast is for more of the same.
So here I sit typing rather then flying.

The last couple of weeks ,my flying buddies have flown built up(remember balsa bashing) slopers for the light wind conditions.Usually,its only the first hour or so,but I've felt left out.These balsa airplanes are aerobatic,and fun to fly under the right conditions.

Last year I had purchased an old school balsa kit ,the Genesis,at a swap meet for $10.It is a 60" flying wing,and the kit in the box couldnt have weighed more then 16 ozs.

With a week of hot weather,what better time to build this balsa kit.

Here's how she turned out.You'll notice a slight fold in the monocote on the aileron in the photo.This has been removed with the heat gun.Guess she'll maiden next week end.
Cruzsin is online now Find More Posts by Cruzsin
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2008, 05:17 PM
United States, CA, Santa Clarita
Joined Jul 2007
404 Posts
I hear ya, it is too hot to fly right now and I'm not that far from you. I'll probably wait to about 6 or 7 when the temps cool down to about 97 and then I'll try flying a little bit. I'm more concerned that there will be no cooling for my motor and electronics in this kinda heat.

Funjet
Telemaster
Trex 600
Jumpjet101 is online now Find More Posts by Jumpjet101