|Jan 25, 2003, 04:05 PM|
Whats the Deal with DC
If I am charging on my DC charger (7 cells) GWS MC2002 QUICK CHARGER how do I hook this up to a DC source...I have had mixed results
1. Car Battery (Engine Running)
2. Car Battery (Engine Off)
3. Car Battery (extra lying around the shop)
4. Expensive AC power supply converter.
I have been told by different people that their was the only way.
|Jan 25, 2003, 06:30 PM|
Rochester, NY, USA
Joined Aug 2000
Since the GWS MC2002 QUICK CHARGER has an input voltage range from 9-15 volts, all of the 4 ways you listed above will work just fine.
Be suspicious of folks that suggest "my way or the highway".
|Jan 26, 2003, 03:56 AM|
N. Staffs, UK
Joined Jan 1997
As Greg says any of those should work (unless 3 no longer has a good charge).
Things that can upset chargers :
- Starting with the engine running then switching the engine off (sudden voltage drop)
- Low current AC power supplies (it's the current delivery not the price which the charger sees )
- unregulated AC power supplies (typical wall warts or car battery chargers).
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Whats the deal with discharging lipos? Do i need to do it?||ontheweekend||Batteries and Chargers||4||Sep 16, 2004 01:09 AM|
|Question||Whats the deal with Balsa and the Mountain Models Dandy Sport?||thatchf137||Parkflyers||45||Feb 02, 2004 08:10 PM|
|Question||Whats the deal with gliders?||thatchf137||Sailplane Talk||30||Dec 09, 2003 01:58 AM|
|Whats the deal with Paypal?||Dhughes||Life, The Universe, and Politics||34||Sep 12, 2003 09:25 AM|
|Whats the deal with ZAGI ?????||rojoyinc||Parkflyers||1||Jan 11, 2003 08:33 PM|