Stock Stryker C motor on 4S

Here is a real quick Vid of my Stryker on 4S

Stock motor
6X5.5E prop
CC35 ESC
HS81MG servos
AR6100
Xcite 4S 2000 batt

This Plane ROCKS on 4S!! Hope to get a little better vid soon.

Have Fun!
Andy
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 16, 2008, 11:41 PM
Not your average DiggsyBear
Raleigh, NC
Joined Dec 2006
8,859 Posts
Wow, the stock motor will handle that? That is moving well!

How many amps is it drawing?

Diggs
Diggs is offline Find More Posts by Diggs
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:02 AM
VBARRRR
USA, CA, San Bruno
Joined Jul 2007
2,502 Posts
i'm guessing alot more than the stock ESC could handle
brian94066 is offline Find More Posts by brian94066
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:11 AM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,602 Posts
is that the stock 1800kv motor? or is that a arc motor?
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build
Old Jun 17, 2008, 12:41 AM
VBARRRR
USA, CA, San Bruno
Joined Jul 2007
2,502 Posts
the stock is 1880kv
brian94066 is offline Find More Posts by brian94066
Old Jun 17, 2008, 02:59 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,865 Posts
I.C.O.N.,

You are the man....I am so impressed. I have been waiting for so long to see someone step up and do this.

You propped it as far as I would and I know I am extreme....I just don't have an F-27C motor.

With a good heat sink I hope to see that motor last a long life.

The CC35A ESC is good for to 4S and although its burst rating is 45A, my friend had no issues at 47A with good cooling.

I don't believe that you are above 40A, so you are looking good there too.

The CC phoenix ESCs are rated at 3S lipoly or 10cell NiMh as far as its internal BEC goes to feed juice to receiver and servos.
What type of Universal BEC are you running?

The AR6100 is especially sensitive to voltage drops. Seen a lot of folks with Strykers and Funjets crash because of that receiver, so make sure it is getting enough power to it.
I believe I heard something about that receiver getting free firmware upgrade to reduce the reboot time by a seriously considerable amount of time...reduction of 6.4 sec????

brian94066,

Stock ESC is rated for 2S/3S, and 25A.

Diggs,

I too am dying to know the AMP draw, but he has not had access to a wattmeter yet...keep your fingers crossed...like me.

Gryphon
GryphonRCU is offline Find More Posts by GryphonRCU
Old Jun 17, 2008, 04:31 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,213 Posts
Nice to see more people running this motor on 4S. It handles the Volts and Amps very well with proper cooling. I run the Stock Stryker "C" 1880Kv motor in a MPX FJ on a 6x4 APC E on a 4S 25C 2250 Loong Max pack. My ESC is a Turnigy 40A plush. Pushes my FJ over 100 mph. Different plane I know but trying to show this motor can take 4S no problems. My Amp draw I believe was around 37A or so, Will verify tomorrow.

Jason
FresnoJay is online now Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Jun 17, 2008, 10:15 AM
Twin Cities, MN
Joined Feb 2006
1,456 Posts
Thanks guys!

It is the Stock C motor. No UBEC on this one. The CC35 is doing it all! I may put a 6V in on my next airframe... along with some wooden elevons... you guys would not believe the glue and Duct tape holding this frame together.

The motor has always come down warm to the touch. Guessing under 100.

This motor has really gone throuh it's paces in the last year and a half. I actually got some smoke to come out one due to a cold solder joint. Surprised me that it even kept on going.

I will work on the Wattmeter. I am curious as well.

Have Fun!
Andy
I.C.O.N. is offline Find More Posts by I.C.O.N.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 01:32 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Sep 2004
2,636 Posts
That 4S really pepped it up! Your verticals were impressively fast!
cjbucher is offline Find More Posts by cjbucher
Old Jun 17, 2008, 02:51 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,865 Posts
FresnoJay,

Thanks for double checking the amps. Hopefully it'll be with a fresh battery that has been discharged 5%-10% but either way please tell us the state of charge on battery when you take a new reading.

Your 6X4 prop will unload 25+% Amps at max speed due to prop diameter to pitch ratio, so when in level flight it'll have an extra easy time of it.

But at least the Stryker does get extra cooling air to motor compared to funjet and together with heat sink it can have a good chance with higher pitch prop.

Ever tried APC E 5.5X4.5 or E 5.25X4.75 on your funjet to trade off some climbing for more speed? Fairly sure 5.5X4.5 will be faster.
Personally I don't like to give up too much launch ability, climbing and acceleration to get more speed.

It is hard to simulate the motor on Motocalc since no one has been able to come up with resistance values for it.

From my rendition of that while fudging numbers in the simulator; I get 6X5 will be max 4S prop and any more prop will just draw more and make more heat without any further output.

Only real world testing with wattmeter and RPM results together with flight testing will tell.

This thread may turn out to be one that people will refer to for a long long time.

Thumbs up to you and I.C.O.N.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:41 AM
To drive or to fly......BOTH!!
USA, CA, Clovis
Joined Apr 2007
6,213 Posts
Gryphon, I have actually run a 4.75x4.75, 5.5x4.5, and it is actually currently flying on a 5x5 APC E. I caught my last 6x4 on a windy day landing and snapped it. On the 5x5 it can be a little scary on launch on 3S but on 4S it climbs straight from my hand and can go into a straight vertical climbout till the plane is quite small. It could do all this on the 6x4 as well but I like the speed of the 5x5 and the fact I dont lose much vertical at all. I am going to try and get the FJ out tomorrow and try different size props and measure the Amp draws on them all. I didn't get a chance to double checks the numbers today as it was payday and we all know how hectic those days are. Tomorrow I am flying come he.....or high water.

Jason

P.S. Forgot to mention my RX is a Berg 4L in the FJ.
FresnoJay is online now Find More Posts by FresnoJay
Old Jun 18, 2008, 05:56 PM
mascouche (canada)
Joined Apr 2006
29 Posts
that is cool i think im going too try mine too on 4s i ave a 35 amp esc i think it will bee a nice match but here the thing i think the stock f-27c prop is better i ave 2 apc pusher prop a 5.5x4.5 and a 6x4 and im not geting the speed and vertical of the stock prop here wat happen at first i ad a 28 45 2100kv that ive try with the 5.5x4.5 and the 6x4 but the speed was not bad but no vertical then i said il get the stock motor and prop and boom speed and vertical but then i try my apc prop on the stock motor and buy the way you need too revers direction form stock too apc humm ? but then no vertical and the speed well not that good now if the stock prop is better il try it wit my 28 45 2100 i hope for better performance but will just see
newflyerdud is offline Find More Posts by newflyerdud
Old Jun 19, 2008, 01:09 AM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Mar 2008
3,865 Posts
newflyerdud,

One more thing to consider, every couple of months, someone finds that their prop was on backwards.

I'm not talking about direction of rotation; I'm talking about which way the prop is facing.

Most all of the props, including the APC props need to have the numbers and writings facing forward towards the nose.

The smooth curved side of prop's blade needs to cut through the air first.

Good luck,

Gryphon
Old Jun 19, 2008, 06:46 AM
mascouche (canada)
Joined Apr 2006
29 Posts
thx for the info but i new that and ist easy too see the diferance in power wen you change your prop side but my prop was pusher prop so the number are facing out in that case but in the case of my pusher there is less power in the apc prop than the parkzone now yesterday ive try my 28 45 2100 with the parkzone prop and now i ave vertical so it seem than the parkzone prop is a puler prop since i need te reverse direction for my pusher prop but i ave a 6x4 apc puler that im going too try just too see if there a diferance in power and torq and now i wont need too change my motor direction this time but ist still fun too experiment there is so many motor prop and voltage combo
newflyerdud is offline Find More Posts by newflyerdud
Old Jun 24, 2008, 01:46 PM
Fast? I got something 4 ya!
United States, WI, Oak Creek
Joined Oct 2007
2,602 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian94066
the stock is 1880kv
oh thats right, i remember reading from parkzone its 1880kv.
XtremeWingRC is offline Find More Posts by XtremeWingRC
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Ritewing Z3 S build