HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 31, 2008, 08:03 PM
Fly hard / land soft
Sweden
Joined Jul 2008
112 Posts
hey guys.

i found a video on youtube about the making of ART-TECH planes and helis.

some people including me have bean wondering if the canards on th EF2000
is working ore not, in this video it seams that art-tech is goning to ore have bean making one edition of the EF2000 whit working canards

check the link here,,, bad filming form the guy and a litle bit of some times but good information to us all..

DGCTV IN BAOAN @ ART-TECH FEATURING QUALITY CONTROL (7 min 45 sec)
David Linander is offline Find More Posts by David Linander
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2008, 09:30 PM
USA, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2008
341 Posts
I just received one of these birds, purchased at nitromodels. They had a special last weekend. I got the black version, that ended up being dark gray/green.
All I can say is that I'm very impressed so far. The quality is way above what I expected for $133, and included battery, (cheapo) charger, wall adapter, the TX can be used as USB controller for FMS.
They changed the pilot, now comes with a nice jet pilot, at the right scale, painted.
I like that the ESC gets some air flow from the EDF intake. All around it looks like a well thought out design. Let see if it flies!
I'll post maiden report tomorrow, if it not too windy.

Marcelo.-
marcelo3d is offline Find More Posts by marcelo3d
Old Dec 06, 2008, 01:05 PM
Minneapolis,MN.
Joined Mar 2006
1,079 Posts
looking forward to your flight review.
bouncebk2003 is offline Find More Posts by bouncebk2003
Old Dec 06, 2008, 03:47 PM
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2001
1,467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo3d
I just received one of these birds, purchased at nitromodels. They had a special last weekend. I got the black version, that ended up being dark gray/green.
All I can say is that I'm very impressed so far. The quality is way above what I expected for $133, and included battery, (cheapo) charger, wall adapter, the TX can be used as USB controller for FMS.
They changed the pilot, now comes with a nice jet pilot, at the right scale, painted.
I like that the ESC gets some air flow from the EDF intake. All around it looks like a well thought out design. Let see if it flies!
I'll post maiden report tomorrow, if it not too windy.

Marcelo.-
I got the same bird today. The only miss is they glued canopy on including magnets and metal plates so when I removed it glue pulled some of the paint and plates with it..
Looks great, scale and it included better fan, same as all these E-do or freewing, starmax models.
They getting better with time and price was great for RTF one.
darmar is offline Find More Posts by darmar
Old Dec 08, 2008, 05:49 PM
USA, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2008
341 Posts
I flew the Eurofighter on Saturday. It was windy, but it went well.
I didn't use the sock Tx or Rx. I used a Futaba 72MHz Tx and a Corona Rx. I was concerned that the poor resolution of the Corona was going to be an issue, but it was not.
I was also concerned that the front gear would be too sensitive, so I programmed a ton of expo on channel 4, but I didn't really have to. Even with cross wind, I was able to keep it in the ceter of the runway until it took off without overcorrecting.
I was surprised how long it took to rotate. Given how far forward the rear gear is, i expected a faster take off, but it took at least 150 ft to get airborne. Once in the air, it was very stable, only required one tick of "aileron" trim and one or 2 of "elevator". I started from the position suggested in the manual, with the center of the moving surface alligned to the top of the wing. That is what, 1-2 mm reflex?
I added a little weight to the rear of the plane to make it ballance where it should, given the position I picked for the battery. I wish I could just move the battery back further, but the front LG seering is in the way.
Back to the the flight, it climbed nicely, beautiful rolls, ok loops from level. The vertical performance from level flight is not anything to write home about, but after a shalow to medium dive, wow, a lot of fun. High alpha is quite stable. I want to try to pull the nose higher next flight. Maybe I need more "elevator" authority or farther back CG.
I landed after 5 minutes, as I'm not sure how efficient this thing is. Approach was nice, and you can slow down without any nasty stall tendencies. It kept the nose up as long as I wanted and touched down gently. I think this has been my best maiden ever.
I forgot to add the elogger, so I'm not sure how much energy was used, but the stock battery was hand-warm after the flight, no puffing.
It really, really looks very nice in the air and parked on the field.

I'll take some pictures, if I get a chance.

Marcelo.-

Edit: Here are some pictures from NitroPlanes. Other than the color being more of a black-green instead of black, that is what I got:
http://www.nitroplanes.com/neblefeurcdu.html
M.-
Last edited by marcelo3d; Dec 08, 2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old Dec 08, 2008, 07:37 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1 Posts
Black EF 2000 with Moving Canards?

So, does the black one come with moving canards like the one in the video posted above? If so, what can you tell me about them?

If not, does anyone have any info on that version?
paleodust is offline Find More Posts by paleodust
Old Dec 08, 2008, 09:38 PM
USA, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2008
341 Posts
The one I got has fixed canards.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 09:53 PM
Joined Dec 2008
1 Posts
i recently baught an art-tech EF2000 i took it up for the maden flight and my controals were not responding well and i went to bring it back in to fix the problem and it went into an inverted roll and would not respond to my radio. needless to say it hit hard and i need to find parts. Where can i find them?
bdodge85 is offline Find More Posts by bdodge85
Old Feb 17, 2009, 07:23 PM
low'n'slow is the way to go
United States, MN
Joined Sep 2008
734 Posts
Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you want to get this plane go to snhobbies.com i just found it last night. the prices are just as cheap as nitroplanes but snhobbies has FREE shipping. im defanately going to get my next plane from there.
DeepEastKilla is offline Find More Posts by DeepEastKilla
Old Mar 06, 2009, 06:56 PM
NTSB most wanted
O-Town, FL
Joined Jun 2003
642 Posts
Has anyone gone gear-less with this one and hand-launched? I'd prefer it that way.

Thanks.

Eddy
EzEd is offline Find More Posts by EzEd
Old Mar 06, 2009, 06:59 PM
Joined Mar 2009
14 Posts
I've read you can go gear-less and hand launched if thrown hard enough...
chevellion is offline Find More Posts by chevellion
Old Mar 06, 2009, 07:19 PM
Fly hard / land soft
Sweden
Joined Jul 2008
112 Posts
Thebest way is to make a small cradle with three wheels and take off from there, and belly land later.

I tried to hand launch it and it did work but wow what you have to trow hard and to get control after that was just lucky.
Old Mar 06, 2009, 07:48 PM
NTSB most wanted
O-Town, FL
Joined Jun 2003
642 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Linander
Thebest way is to make a small cradle with three wheels and take off from there, and belly land later.

I tried to hand launch it and it did work but wow what you have to trow hard and to get control after that was just lucky.
Thanks for the tip!

Strange though, I would think that with the excellent slow-speed characteristics it wouldn't be to tough to hand launch. If you can come in slow with high alpha then it seem that a good firm toss would do. I had a Mirage 2000 that was a breeze to hand launch.
EzEd is offline Find More Posts by EzEd
Old Mar 06, 2009, 10:14 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,569 Posts
Here's my new Ef200 I got last weekend.
EF2000 (2 min 14 sec)

Forgot to check CG so had to cut short the flight
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 07, 2009, 10:03 AM
Fly hard / land soft
Sweden
Joined Jul 2008
112 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzEd
Thanks for the tip!

Strange though, I would think that with the excellent slow-speed characteristics it wouldn't be to tough to hand launch. If you can come in slow with high alpha then it seem that a good firm toss would do. I had a Mirage 2000 that was a breeze to hand launch.

it can be easy some times but the problem i get is the lack of grip if you know what i mean, and with the stock motor it can be a litle to low airflow untill it gets up to speed. so for my self it was nervracking:P

ive got two problems when i tried to handlunch,

1 if i dident trow "hard" it flew like a lef and just wouldent get out of the high alfa.

2 if a trow to hard it stalled ore i dident have a good grip on the controll so it was werry unstabel in the start.

mayby im to nervus but it is becuse i hate to crach it, ( fome all over the place )

so i maked a cradle and lift off from that but then agian you got to have a good surface.

so best tips i m going to test is a new motor and ecs and test lanch agian