HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2008, 08:30 AM
"Aircraftus Fragmentum"
Motor City USA
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Thanks Pete. Looks great and I can't wait to get one of these. I plan to order soon....EDIT : I JUST PRE-ORDERED ONE.
kydawg1 is offline Find More Posts by kydawg1
Last edited by kydawg1; Jun 19, 2008 at 08:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2008, 03:33 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kydawg1
Thanks Pete. Looks great and I can't wait to get one of these. I plan to order soon....EDIT : I JUST PRE-ORDERED ONE.
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET! Let me know if there is anything you need! Any questions at all! You are going to love it! Thanks!!
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Old Jun 20, 2008, 02:45 PM
NTSB most wanted
O-Town, FL
Joined Jun 2003
641 Posts
Pete,

What kind of space does it have for the battery. Enough for a higher capacity 3 cell say 2100 or 2200?

Thanks,

Eddy
EzEd is offline Find More Posts by EzEd
Old Jun 20, 2008, 05:57 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EzEd
Pete,

What kind of space does it have for the battery. Enough for a higher capacity 3 cell say 2100 or 2200?

Thanks,

Eddy

Eddy, I will take a look at my aircraft when I head on home tonight and let you know! The battery area is under the front canopy so I would imagine it can accommodate a 2200mah fine. I will look to make certain.
Old Jun 20, 2008, 10:27 PM
Joined Jun 2008
6 Posts
I purchased this plane June 6th, but you've moved the backorder date from the end of June to Mid July. When will I be able to receive my order? I sure would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the hold up is. Thanks.

Flightless in Florida
TangoAlpha2 is offline Find More Posts by TangoAlpha2
Old Jun 21, 2008, 12:50 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoAlpha2
I purchased this plane June 6th, but you've moved the backorder date from the end of June to Mid July. When will I be able to receive my order? I sure would appreciate it if someone could tell me what the hold up is. Thanks.

Flightless in Florida

TangoAlpha2, This is Pete, the guy you see in the flight videos. I was unaware that the shipment date has been pushed back until earlier this week. Please understand that we here in the states are at the mercy of the manufacturer overseas. This aircrafts travel a long distance by ship and WE at Banana Hobby was told by Art Tech we would be receiving the EF-2000 along with a few other aircrafts by the middle of June. Then we were notified that they have been delayed. I am doing the best I can to up hold our integrity. If I can help you in an way let me know. If you choose to wait for the shipment, your time will not be wasted. The EF-2000 is just super fun. If you decide to not wait, please contact me and come Monday, I will be more than happy in assisting you in canceling your order. Sorry once again.

~Pete
Old Jun 21, 2008, 09:47 PM
Joined Jun 2008
6 Posts
Pete,
I understand and appreciate the response. I'm willing to wait until mid July, but beyond that deadline I'll have to cancel. My summer will be half over and I desperately need to get in some flight time. The EF2000 looks worth the wait and I'm a former retail manager so I know how the business end works. Still, I wouldn't put myself more than 30 days ahead if at all possible or by law all customers must be contacted and given the opportunity to cancel. . . . That's a painful process. Anyhow, what does the simulation software look like that come with the EF 2000?

Tango out
Old Jun 21, 2008, 10:02 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,309 Posts
Tango,where in FL are you?
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:19 PM
Joined Jun 2008
6 Posts
MustangAce17,

Gainesville. I am new to RC flying, but my son thinks he's an expert. We have been flying the super cub and it's fun flying. Also we have a Blade Cx helicopter, S Maxx nitro truck and I'm waiting on this jet. Were really excited about it. Anyhow, I'm in gator town.

TangoAlpha2
Old Jun 22, 2008, 09:44 PM
EDF Addicted
Ocala,Florida
Joined Sep 2005
5,309 Posts
cool,were not to far way from each other, I work at Noell's in Wildwood 6 days a week. Banana hobby,do you sell to hobbyshops?
MustangAce17 is offline Find More Posts by MustangAce17
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:55 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangoAlpha2
Pete,
I understand and appreciate the response. I'm willing to wait until mid July, but beyond that deadline I'll have to cancel. My summer will be half over and I desperately need to get in some flight time. The EF2000 looks worth the wait and I'm a former retail manager so I know how the business end works. Still, I wouldn't put myself more than 30 days ahead if at all possible or by law all customers must be contacted and given the opportunity to cancel. . . . That's a painful process. Anyhow, what does the simulation software look like that come with the EF 2000?

Tango out
Tango, I have not had a chance to check out the Sim software. Will do so soon. Still gotta check if a 2200 can fit under the canopy. Busy weekend testing aircrafts!
Old Jun 23, 2008, 02:58 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangAce17
Banana hobby,do you sell to hobbyshops?
Currently we are online retail only. Maybe in the future!
Old Jul 01, 2008, 10:34 AM
NTSB most wanted
O-Town, FL
Joined Jun 2003
641 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Tango, I have not had a chance to check out the Sim software. Will do so soon. Still gotta check if a 2200 can fit under the canopy. Busy weekend testing aircrafts!

So, how about it Pete? Can we fit larger packs? Can you post a pic of the battery compartment?

Thanks,

Eddy

Hovering over the 'add to cart' button now.
Old Jul 01, 2008, 03:39 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Battery Fitment

Hey there guys! Sorry for the short lack of updating this thread! Been working on new videos left and right! I have test fitted a few packs this morning and I have Great news! The battery area is PERFECT for any 2200 to 2500mah 3S Lipo! I have taken a few pictures to show the battery bay and the ability to actually move the battery forward and back to adjust for any CG issues. Although the battery area is very neutral for the CG, due to the Main Wings being on the Aft completely, she balances real nice with a Thunder Power Extreme 2070 and even a Kong Power 2200. I do use a bit of foam to keep it snug. First picture is the stock 1600mah included in the package. Thanks guys!

Old Jul 01, 2008, 03:48 PM
NTSB most wanted
O-Town, FL
Joined Jun 2003
641 Posts
Thanks Pete! This is indeed good news. Look for a pre-order for shipment to Florida!

On another note - I noticed the E-DO F-4s are showing up on your site. When might we expect a flight review on that one?

Thanks again,

Eddy