Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 30, 2009, 10:42 AM
USA, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2008
340 Posts
Shoey,

Very nice paint job! The surface looks really smooth.
Other than using a correct CG, and having a smooth grass field to land on, this plane is not hard to fly. The canards are weak and will break if they hit anything during landing.

Good luck,
Marcelo.-
marcelo3d is offline Find More Posts by marcelo3d
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 30, 2009, 04:12 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Jan 2009
696 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo3d View Post
Shoey,

Very nice paint job! The surface looks really smooth.
Other than using a correct CG, and having a smooth grass field to land on, this plane is not hard to fly. The canards are weak and will break if they hit anything during landing.

Good luck,
Marcelo.-
Thanks Marcelo! I was very pleased with the finish. I am definitely going to set the reflex of the elevons as per the plan, but what distance travel have you set for the movements? and do you think you need any expo as well?

Cheers
shoey is offline Find More Posts by shoey
Old Dec 30, 2009, 05:50 PM
USA, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2008
340 Posts
Shoey,

I measured my current settings. I have 10mm up and 10mm down for "elevator". 12 mm up and 12mm down for "aileron". I use the same for low and high rates. High rates increase the rudder gain, to have smoother ground tracking, but you don't need that.
I moved the push rod closer on the servo side, to have more resolution and torque.

I have 25% (negative, as it is a Futaba) expo for aileron and -30% elevator.

Cheers,

Marcelo.-
Old Dec 31, 2009, 07:15 AM
Aylesbury,UK
Joined Apr 2000
983 Posts
Looks good What wbpu did you use to clear coat, and what psi/thinning did you do? I recently finished my KC F-18, first airbrush job. Was a long and difficult learning process, any tips appreciated!!
Stuey is online now Find More Posts by Stuey
Old Jan 10, 2010, 02:04 PM
Joined Jan 2010
4 Posts
Dear All,

I have just received my own maiden! I am novice and do not want to harm her due to the lack of practice. I have installed the included FSM simulator software and everything works fine except one thing: I do not know how to switch of mixing in the RC transmitter. I tried to re-calibrate it with both windows and the program, but if I move the right joystick, both Ch1 and Ch2 is active (mixing). Please, help! I need training!!!

Thanks,
Darel
darel is offline Find More Posts by darel
Old Jan 10, 2010, 08:27 PM
USA, CA, Santa Cruz
Joined Mar 2008
340 Posts
Derel,
There is a switch that controls the elevon mixing on the radio, but it was covered with the sticker "face" of the tranmitter (the film that says ArtTech and has other things printed. You should be able to feel the covered hole to the left of the leftmost "reverse" switch. Just open the film so you can access it and change the position. Remember to return it to mixing before flying!
Marcelo.-
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:02 AM
Joined Jan 2010
4 Posts
FMS Mixing

Thank you very much for this fast help.

By the way, the USB Controller works very well even with HAWX.

Darel
darel is offline Find More Posts by darel
Old Jan 11, 2010, 08:50 AM
Joined Nov 2009
5 Posts
Is it the same plane as the Eurofighter from hobbyking?
The specifications are the same.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...EPS_Plug-n-Fly
rc pilot aj is offline Find More Posts by rc pilot aj
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:12 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rc pilot aj View Post
is it the same plane as the eurofighter from hobbyking?
The specifications are the same.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbycity/store...eps_plug-n-fly
yes
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:19 AM
Joined Nov 2009
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
yes
That's nice
I can fly my trainer and my easy glider electric.
Is it a big step to this Eurofighter?
rc pilot aj is offline Find More Posts by rc pilot aj
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:55 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,548 Posts
Yep, EDF are different flyers & then need to be moving rather quickly to stay in the air and the euro fighter is nice but in its stock setup is some what no a super performer. I do enjoy flying her and I can handlauch with the help of my brother for launching but it normal time you do need a runway for take offs and landing.

Some have had bad experiences with the stock setup but using the stock setup with up to a 3s 2200mah 25C lipo have yet to experience any issues with the power plant.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 02:56 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,548 Posts
If thats the one you want then its ok but if you are just looking for EDF in general then I suggestion would be to look for something better and they are plenty.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:03 AM
Lincolnshire, UK
Joined Oct 2009
522 Posts
I've owned a few of these Art Tech Eurofighters and really enjoy flying them now but this took some time. My key observations on the stock set-up are as follows:

1. The motor sucks. It's an in-runner that overheats. I've swapped the entire motor/fan/esc setup for 20 from a Hong Kong ebay dealer "Force Control". This is a huge improvement.

2. The belly needs strengthening at the inlet if you hand-launch / belly land. I've used 1/32"ply epoxied on and covered with silver tape.

3. Weight is everything, ditch the undercarriage. You'll need to cut the nose leg free.

4. The battery is hopeless. Use a 3s 2200mah 20-25c one. I use generic Hong Kong items and they work well.

5. If you belly land on grass be ready to clean the edf housing every now and again. I ingested some mud that built up so much on the inner face of the housing that the aircraft couldn't take off!

6. Control throws need to be increased. Use an expo of about 30% to give you the sensitivity to land etc, but you'll need lots of control throw to really throw this jet about.

7. It's ability to hang in at high alpha and generally be forgiving of agressive manouvering is actually very good.
Si Goodchild is offline Find More Posts by Si Goodchild
Old Jan 12, 2010, 04:06 AM
Lincolnshire, UK
Joined Oct 2009
522 Posts
Forgot to mention CoG...

8. The manual has it about right, but you'll need to shove the bigger battery a long way back in to the fuselage. This may require some foam mods and the removal of the nosewheel steering wire.

Si G
Si Goodchild is offline Find More Posts by Si Goodchild
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:42 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,548 Posts
Funny how I have over 100 flights on the stock setup and have no issues what so ever. Sure you need to move the battery all the way as far back as possible in the battery compartment for good C.G and even then its still nose heavy. But I have had plenty of hand launches with the LG still attached. Had to reglue the inlet but thats cause one drop of glue was used from manufacturer.

No issues with motor and or esc and stock battery still performs well but I do not fly with just that pack. So it gets a brake during flying session.

Every experience is different I guess.

But with this said, their are better EDF out there for a first EDF.