HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 16, 2008, 09:00 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
New Product
NEW Art-Tech EF-2000 Eurofighter Review and Flight Video!

Hey there pilots! I am in the process of many many hands on build and flight reviews of Foamy EDF's! I look forward in bringing you details and answers to any questions you all may have for any specific model that we carry. If you would like specific pictures in a review, videos, etc, please let me know! I am here to meet your needs in this hobby addiction and I hope I can bring you informative reviews and entertaining as well! Now on with the Review!

Art-Tech EF-2000 Eurofighter

~Wing Span: 648mm/25.5in
~Length: 979mm38.5in
~Height: 242mm/9.5in
~Weight: 650g/22.9 oz
~30AMP Brushless ESC
~EDF-64 Fan Unit
~11.1v 1600mAh 3s 15C Lithium Polymer Battery
~9G Servos
~inrunner kv not available at this time

This EF-2000 made by Art-Tech is a ready to fly foamy edf jet out of the box. It comes with all the accessories and electronics to get her flying! My overall thoughts of this RTF EDF is excellent. The quality of the EF-2000 is superb. The paint finish is brilliant yet the overall weight is was not sacrificed for the scale colors. Assembly was simple. Included with the RTF is a 2 part epoxy for the joining of the main wings, vertical stab, canard stabs and wherever else needing a bit of glue. Construction and assembly went together without a hitch. I know many of you here would rather use your own radio gear so we did opt for a PNP package. The supplied Transmitter is a basic 4 channel TX with mixing for the Elevons. This set up worked perfectly. It is on 72Mhz. She operates on elevon mixing for your main wing and a rudder and steerable nose wheel. The completed EF-2000 was very pleasing to the eye. Very nice lines and she just plain looks great! The supplied battery mounts under the canopy which is secured by rare earth magnets that hold the canopy in place very nicely. Deans style ultra plugs pre soldered on the lipo and esc.

So far I have 2 test flights on her. She took off with very little runway and needed very little trim to fly straight. Tracks very nicely. The EDF have a sweet intoxicating sound that I just LOVE to hear. Rolls are nice and true. Roll rate can be slow as real quick. I flew no Expo. I like feeling the planes raw. She responds to stick movements instantly. Four points are nice and clean with rudder input. Loops are clean and stylish. Inverted flight needs elevator input, about 15% to sustain level inverted flight. She does not have unlimited vertical. Although very speedy and agile. Though this may not meet the needs of the "speed freaks" out there, this is a great aircraft in any hobbyists hanger. Slow speed is like a crawl. Due to the canard horizontal stabs in front of the main wing, she can harrier her landings to a crawl. However, high speed passes were impressive. Dip one wing tip for a fly by and people go goo goo ga ga over it. I got about 6 minutes of flight time with pretty good throttle management. Then put back in 1200mah of capacity. I am still in the process of flight tests and will have future videos!

My overall impressions are great. I love this Eurofighter. She is still brand new and there is only 1 in the US now. Its MINE. We expect to be shipping them late June 2008. I got lots of looks and questions at my local flying field. We are currently taking pre-orders and you can save $20.00 if you pre-order. If you opt for PNP its even cheaper. Please see my video reviews and flight videos below. I would love to hear comments. The good the bad and the ugly. Keep in mind guys, this is a work in progress and I do make mistakes. If I do, please point them out to me. Come see our website for whats new and hot in RC! www.bananahobby.com

~PETE

~~~~~ART-TECH~~~~~EF-2000 EU Eurofighter!

Whats in the box Review

Art-Tech EF-2000 Ducted Fan Jet! What's in the Box Review! (7 min 31 sec)

Flight Number 1

Art-Tech EF-2000 Remote Control Ducted Fan Jet! (4 min 37 sec)

Flight Number 2

Art-Tech EF-2000 Electric Ducted Fan Jet! Second Flight! (3 min 30 sec)
banana hobby is offline Find More Posts by banana hobby
Last edited by banana hobby; Jun 17, 2008 at 08:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 17, 2008, 01:18 AM
Ready to fly MRs
Swanton, OH
Joined Jul 2007
5,068 Posts
Probably the best looking Eurofighter I've seen so far.
Sid3ways is offline Find More Posts by Sid3ways
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:10 AM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways

Thank you Sid3ways!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:15 AM
Lost in Bermuda Triangle
Bermuda
Joined Nov 2005
300 Posts
Well I guess I will ask the standard questions:
- Can the fan be easily removed?
- Can the stock fan and esc be run on 4S?
- Is there enough room for retracts?
- How tough is the intake? Can it be flown without the landing gear?
- How hard would it be to modify the canards to be fully functional?

Ian

By the way, it does look gorgeous.
BermudaTriangle is offline Find More Posts by BermudaTriangle
Old Jun 17, 2008, 08:57 AM
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum!
PRC (People's Republic of Commiefornia)
Joined Jul 2005
9,602 Posts
Pete, it looks very nice but I wouldn't even consider it because it's RTF. I just don't need 40-50 transmitters for all my planes and I don't want to pay for additional equipment I don't need or want. Second, the model is too small; I would like to see a model that is at least capable of using a 70mm fan and 2100-2200 3S lipo.

Maybe I'm in the minority and of course sales figures don't lie, but this is my vote and I hope this input will trickle up to companies like Art Tech instead of fall on deaf ears. I'm guessing these flashy but mediocre performing RTF packages sell briskly and that's why new ones continue to be introduced to the market almost monthly now.

Doubletap
Doubletap is offline Find More Posts by Doubletap
Old Jun 17, 2008, 09:03 AM
USA, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Jul 2001
1,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid3ways
Great flying model too.
darmar is offline Find More Posts by darmar
Old Jun 17, 2008, 02:58 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BermudaTriangle
Well I guess I will ask the standard questions:
- Can the fan be easily removed?
- Can the stock fan and esc be run on 4S?
- Is there enough room for retracts?
- How tough is the intake? Can it be flown without the landing gear?
- How hard would it be to modify the canards to be fully functional?

Ian

By the way, it does look gorgeous.
I am actually in the testing phases in running the aircraft on a 4s. No information as of yet. As for retracts, they sure come small enough and if you want to wrench on it, where there us a will there is a way! Intake is foam with a lexan type outer shell. If you choose to hand launch it, the way she feels on thrust, it can be done if you can throw her hard enough. Much flare and belly land would be fine. Have not tried removing the fan as of yet. As for the canards, with the size of this EDF, I don't see any benefits on functional canards. However, servos are TINY now-a-days so it can be done.
Old Jun 17, 2008, 03:05 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doubletap
Pete, it looks very nice but I wouldn't even consider it because it's RTF. I just don't need 40-50 transmitters for all my planes and I don't want to pay for additional equipment I don't need or want. Second, the model is too small; I would like to see a model that is at least capable of using a 70mm fan and 2100-2200 3S lipo.

Maybe I'm in the minority and of course sales figures don't lie, but this is my vote and I hope this input will trickle up to companies like Art Tech instead of fall on deaf ears. I'm guessing these flashy but mediocre performing RTF packages sell briskly and that's why new ones continue to be introduced to the market almost monthly now.

Doubletap
LOL! I hear ya and I feel ya. That is why we offer the PNP ad your own TX and RX package. You're not in a minority of anything. There is a market for the 70mm EDF size and as we speak, I am working on a F/A 18 in route to me. 70mm EDF running on 2100 to 2500 size 11.1v 3S packs. I'm here to progress this hobby and your information will not fall on deaf ears. The F/A18 looks very promising. We will wait until it arrives to put together a review!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 03:06 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by darmar
Great flying model too.

Thank you! She sure does fly nice!
Old Jun 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2008
75 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by banana hobby
Thank you! She sure does fly nice!
what is the current draw on stock set up?
The way it flies in video, I guess... around 240-260 watts.

Thanks
slowflight is offline Find More Posts by slowflight
Old Jun 17, 2008, 03:38 PM
Suspended Account
Joined May 2008
75 Posts
Can you post the picture of the bottom
that show landing gear, Battery box, esc location?
Also intake tubes...
thanks
slowflight is offline Find More Posts by slowflight
Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:59 AM
WiggleWiggleWiggle
South Australia
Joined Jan 2008
6,066 Posts
Why are you flying the model with a 2.4 Tx and not the RTF Tx?
Model does look great by the way. I have 2 Arttech planes over here and think they are great and fly really well.
Good luck with it all.
ozzi supercub is offline Find More Posts by ozzi supercub
Old Jun 18, 2008, 09:06 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,126 Posts
Nice looking and nice flying. Seems pretty fast.

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:12 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowflight
Can you post the picture of the bottom
that show landing gear, Battery box, esc location?
Also intake tubes...
thanks

Will take some pics tonight and get them posted. As for current draw, I have yet to test that and will do so time allowed.
Old Jun 18, 2008, 01:15 PM
Sunny SoCal!
Joined May 2008
2,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzi supercub
Why are you flying the model with a 2.4 Tx and not the RTF Tx?
Model does look great by the way. I have 2 Arttech planes over here and think they are great and fly really well.
Good luck with it all.

I have several other Art Tech aircrafts that I do fly on the supplied radio. It's just such a hassle at my local field with frequencies being used and people forgetting to take down their frequency pins. Then I go and waste hours not flying because I cant find the one guy who's clip is up. 2.4 is just easier at my field because of the number of pilots. Also, the Freq I got the EF-2000 on from Art Tech, theres like 5 guys any given weekend day. lol. So I tossed in my 2.4.