New Products Flash Sale
Thread Tools
Old Jun 16, 2008, 03:16 PM
crashawk is offline
Find More Posts by crashawk
Duh
crashawk's Avatar
grain valley mo, or about 25 minutes east of kansas city
Joined Jan 2004
600 Posts
Alert
we're loosing charlie's rc in raytown, meeting wed at fleming park rc field

charlie's rc in raytown mo is closing unless someone can buy the store. the current owner is retiring and is willing to sell the store. another gentleman was going to buy it and had to back out so we need people interested in keeping the only rc aircraft store in the area from going under. there will be a meeting at fleming park at the charlie reed momorial rc field june 18th at 5 pm for those interested in either investing in the store or if you just want to come out and show your support to keep the store open.

thanks
Jason
crashawk is offline Find More Posts by crashawk
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 05, 2008, 07:22 PM
mhills51 is online now
Find More Posts by mhills51
Registered User
mhills51's Avatar
kansas city
Joined Feb 2007
14,031 Posts
Not that this helps any but here is a picture of my boy across the street from charlies house at my house.
mhills51 is online now Find More Posts by mhills51
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 05, 2008, 08:43 PM
EDF30 is offline
Find More Posts by EDF30
Suspended Account
EDF30's Avatar
Mercer Co. PA
Joined Mar 2008
825 Posts
Sadly they will eventually all close. Only ones in larger metropolitan areas, and ones that have an excellent location, will stay open.
Everything works against hobby shops these days:
1. Mail order from the internet
2. Constant change in technology. They end up getting stuck with obsolete stock.
3. Theft. On the rise everywhere in the world, including jungles and Antartica.
4. Customers are increasingly a bigger pain in the rear. They buy more and more ARF,
and especially RTF stuff, with no experience, destroy it, and then come back
enraged wanting their money back.
5.
6.
...and so on

Bill
EDF30 is offline Find More Posts by EDF30
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2008, 11:29 AM
Todd Long is offline
Find More Posts by Todd Long
www.toddsmodels.com
Todd Long's Avatar
North Bend, WA.
Joined Apr 2000
1,832 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDF30
Sadly they will eventually all close. Only ones in larger metropolitan areas, and ones that have an excellent location, will stay open.
Everything works against hobby shops these days:
1. Mail order from the internet
2. Constant change in technology. They end up getting stuck with obsolete stock.
3. Theft. On the rise everywhere in the world, including jungles and Antartica.
4. Customers are increasingly a bigger pain in the rear. They buy more and more ARF,
and especially RTF stuff, with no experience, destroy it, and then come back
enraged wanting their money back.
5.
6.
...and so on

Bill
#4 ha ha ha, Had a customer return a $5 Free Flight plane the other day because it was defective. It's defect...?, kept flying into trees.

Todd
Todd Long is offline Find More Posts by Todd Long
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 08, 2008, 02:59 PM
Bigster is online now
Find More Posts by Bigster
Well, now that you know ...
Bigster's Avatar
Grafton, Massachusetts, United States
Joined Sep 2004
6,196 Posts
Well, didn't ya test them, Todd? For crying out loud.

Bigster is online now Find More Posts by Bigster
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2008, 01:54 AM
EDF30 is offline
Find More Posts by EDF30
Suspended Account
EDF30's Avatar
Mercer Co. PA
Joined Mar 2008
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigster
Well, didn't ya test them, Todd? For crying out loud.

You mean test the customer?
I think he should. I've seen customers in the LHS that I would refuse to sell anything to.
Ask them a simple question: "So are you ready to have nothing but pure fun and instant gratification from your rc experience?"
If the answer is yes, then show them the door immediately. RC flight dosen't always work that way for beginners.

Bill
EDF30 is offline Find More Posts by EDF30
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2008, 06:47 PM
Tommy D is offline
Find More Posts by Tommy D
Hooper, full throttle!
Tommy D's Avatar
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,077 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Long
#4 ha ha ha, Had a customer return a $5 Free Flight plane the other day because it was defective. It's defect...?, kept flying into trees.

Todd
You should have sold them a chainsaw! Just make it an electric one!

Tommy D
Tommy D is offline Find More Posts by Tommy D
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2008, 01:40 PM
kwdleo is offline
Find More Posts by kwdleo
Registered User
Joined Jul 2008
2 Posts
Could be interested, having owned a shop previously and looking to open another. Please supply contact info, photos would help.
kwdleo is offline Find More Posts by kwdleo
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools