HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
This thread is privately moderated by Al P, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 01:15 PM
small electrics r BIG FUN
Iowa
Joined Aug 2000
4,320 Posts
Trader Rating: 137
Problem: How long does shipping take from RI ?

I bought 150.00 worth of items from a person on this board. He says they were shipped the 15th from RI. I have not received them yet. I've gotten orders from Japan by now !

I have expressed my concern to him,but now he is ignoring my emails and pms. What happened to treating others as you would like to be treated ?

I know you are frequenting these forums so you are aware of my pms and emails to you. I am running out of patience, and you are running out of time .

Al
Al P is offline Find More Posts by Al P
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 24, 2003, 01:23 PM
United States, VA, Chesterfield
Joined Jul 2002
224 Posts
Trader Rating: 147
shipping

Hi Al,

Its usually 2-3 days USPS Priority..of course if they sent it parcel post, it could take a week .

UPS & Fedex is about 4 days.

Hope this helps!

BTW- I was told if you don't insure parcel post, it doesn't get returned if undeliverable!

-Mark
Etonic is offline Find More Posts by Etonic
Old Jan 24, 2003, 02:55 PM
Enjoying the good life!
Ashburn, Virginia
Joined Feb 2002
1,941 Posts
Trader Rating: 73
I shipped a GWS Slow stik to a fella in WA state from here in VA.

It was shipped on the 27th of Dec and didn't get there until Jan 20th! I shipped it parcel post. I wonder if the kit being a Slow Stik hand anything to do with it!!
Aobid is offline Find More Posts by Aobid
Old Jan 24, 2003, 03:43 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,288 Posts
Trader Rating: 391
Greetings,

Well, it has only been six days, shipping wise. Ground can take seven to ten.

You could always express your concern and ask for a tracking number. Sometimes things to happen.

Good luck, I am sure it will be fine.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2003, 04:57 PM
Iowa
Joined Aug 2000
4,320 Posts
Thanks guys. The great thing about the software here: You can see when people are online and even what they are reading. This person was browsing multiple forums while I sent several pm's , from 11:30 til noon today.

I realize there is still time for my package to show up, and I hope it does. BUT when people don't answer pm's and emails, I start getting suspicious and the red flags go up.

I just want my goods, or a refund.

Al
Old Jan 24, 2003, 07:51 PM
ri
Joined Apr 2002
4 Posts
Trader Rating: 0
4 Days UPS From Ill. to RI

Thats the time, should be the same out to you. By the way who is he maybe we can rattle his cage for you?
jetranger is offline Find More Posts by jetranger
Old Jan 24, 2003, 07:57 PM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,611 Posts
Trader Rating: 153
Sorry for any inconvienence

I had brought the package to the post office on 1/15 as I stated in my email to you. You had requested that I wait until the 15th to mail it. Since I dropped it off during my lunch break, it probably didn't get processed until the 16th. Monday was a holiday in RI, so I imagine that would delay it an additional delay. Since it was mailed parcel post, it could take 10 business days which could be around the 28th taking Sunday and the Monday Holiday into account.

As far as changing the shipping methods, my advertised offer was as follows
"For Sale:
Mega 16/15/4 motor with attached Castle Creations Phoenix 25 controller and Aeronaut 6.5 x 4 prop. The motor is currently setup for pusher applications. This used power system was my spare Zagi power system and is in excellent working condition. Two used 8 cell packs of Sanyo CP1300 nicads from Eflightpacks are also included. $175.00 plus USPS priority mail shipping/ insurance. Will not seperate. Please respond initially to this ad only (no emails or PM's please). "

You emailed me an offer (even though I specifically requested no emails or PMs) for $150.00 shipped (which I accepted) so I chose to ship it for $7.14 parcel post.

I have never had any bad transactions and take pride in that. If it would ease your mind please check my references here on the ezone at:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...threadid=76726

and my Ebay feedback

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAP...rid=zagi-flier

I didn't get your messages until I returned home from work about a hour ago and found several messages from today. My girlfriend's grandson was over today while I was at work and must have used my computer which would explain why you saw my ezone name active.

I would gladly (and now prefer) to send you a refund and include the parcel post shipping cost for you to ship the items back to me when they arrive. I could keep them again as a spare power system for my Zagi. Please let me know and I will send out a check or paypal you immediately.
Regards,
John Marshall
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Last edited by JohnM; Jan 24, 2003 at 08:22 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 08:41 PM
Iowa
Joined Aug 2000
4,320 Posts
Well, I just finished sending you an email John, and find you have posted your reply to me. In the interest of fairness , here is the reply I sent you......

Whew.........It's a relief to finally hear from you. I had left at least one email yesterday for you.......I was really starting to sweat this one. I have been on the ezone over two years and pride myself with countless transactions and not a single complaint. I had not seen any negative feedback regarding yourself either, but have witnessed several good traders gone bad in the time I have been there. Usually there is not a problem until the line of communication is severed. That is what got me excited. I hope you can understand that and how frustrating it has been the last two days to see your name active on the boards and not responding to my requests for information. However, in case this situation was not as I feared, and maybe I would hear from you, I did not disclose any names or anything that might incriminate you at the E Zone. I still had hope.

I still want the merchandise. Did you insure the package in case it does not show up, does it have a delivery confirmation # or a tracking # ?

There is something I don't understand: why you downgraded shipping without mentioning it when we made the deal ? I realize there was a little money to be saved, but I would never do that.

Regards,

Alan
Last edited by Al P; Dec 04, 2003 at 03:41 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2003, 08:56 PM
Dragons, WindMills, all Same
United States, IN, Indianapolis
Joined May 2002
4,288 Posts
Trader Rating: 391
See, everything was fine:

Well, I am very glad to hear and know that this will not degrade into one of those threads, because there is no reason to.
Right guys?

Perhaps a little more patience and confidence is the order of the day.

Personally, I am very impressed with the way John has acted in this trade, and will be adding his name to my "Never give it a second thought" list.

I hope to see this warped up in a Gentleman's fashion.

Jared
jcstalls is online now Find More Posts by jcstalls
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 24, 2003, 09:17 PM
Go get them Meg!
Cabin 21...
Joined Jan 2001
2,118 Posts
Trader Rating: 9
Just an FYI...

I parcel posted a package yesterday, insured. The USPS clerk at the desk said that although the average is 7 to 10 days, it can take longer, regardless of distance shipped, and that a package is not considered "Missing" until after the fourteenth day.
lrsudog is offline Find More Posts by lrsudog
Old Jan 24, 2003, 09:39 PM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,760 Posts
Trader Rating: 102
I'd like to just add a thought to consider when using the USPS. I've had excellent service from them while sending and receiving over 100 packages during the last year.

There is only a VERY small difference in price between normal "Parcel Post" and "Priority Mail" but typically a HUGE difference in delivery time.
Using Priority Mail I typically send and receive packages across the country (coast to coast) in 2-3 days, without ever having had one lost. Parcel, on the other hand, can easily take 7-10 days (or more!). Probably the difference between "air" and "gound" shipments.

The longer a package is in the "system" the greater chance it has of getting lost or damaged.

Just something to consider.......

Good Luck with your package, Al. I'm sure all will turn out well.
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Old Jan 24, 2003, 09:41 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Jan 2002
1,199 Posts
Trader Rating: 13
This time of year is very difficult for shipping companies, for both packages and letters (payment). They're just getting caught up from the Christmas rush.

A little extra patience goes a long, long way.

Hope everything works out.

John
jbc455 is offline Find More Posts by jbc455
Old Jan 24, 2003, 10:55 PM
Westchester County, NY, USA
Joined Jun 2000
2,443 Posts
Trader Rating: 17
I have to agree with Rick here. You can count on USPS Priority mail to be delivered in 2 or 3 days to anywhere in the country. On the other hand Parcel Post is a crap shoot, and can take 7 days and up.....and I mean UP. A package from a very responsible r/c retailer was sent to me in July, and I received it in September. The company was nice enough to send a replacement when it hadn't arrived after several weeks. I was very much surprised to see the original package arrive about a month after the replacement was sent out.

As far as damage in transit, I've had damage from every service. I'd be hard pressed to say which is worse, since they're all very bad in that respect.

The great thing about UPS ground is that you can track it, and the buyer can have security in knowing it's on it's way, and the approximate delivery date. I beleive it's usually cheaper than Priority Mail. Unfortunately UPS facilites are few and far between.
Danny Troy is offline Find More Posts by Danny Troy
Old Jan 25, 2003, 10:45 AM
Lifetime Member
Providence, RI, USA
Joined Dec 1996
2,611 Posts
Trader Rating: 153
I have been a member of the ezone for many years and part of the mailing list for even longer. It is only recently that it seems that there has been so much attention focused on bad trading. I have been discouraged about doing much trading anymore.
As far as not hearing from me, the last email I sent you was on 1/20 so it had been only four days. I have just started a new job after being unemployed for over a year and my free time has been at a minimum due to me working extra hours. I don't wish to be unemployed again any time soon.
I did not insure the package. I have had some bad experiences with insurance. There are many conditions and policies, that I was never aware of, that have to be met before the benifets of insurance can be achieved.
I prefer to have the buyer pay for all postal costs so they can decide what level is wanted. I am sorry I didn't take the time to tell you that. In my original deal, the buyer was to pay shipping. Your offer was $150.00 shipped to Iowa and you did not specify the shipping method but did mention that you didn't want the package to arrive too soon.
John

Quote:
Originally posted by Al P
Well, I just finished sending you an email John, and find you have posted your reply to me. In the interest of fairness , here is the reply I sent you......

Date: Fri Jan 24, 2003 07:33:25 PM US/Central
To: <jgmarsh@attglobal.net>
Subject: Glad to hear from you

Whew.........It's a relief to finally hear from you. I had left at least one email yesterday for you.......I was really starting to sweat this one. I have been on the ezone over two years and pride myself with countless transactions and not a single complaint. I had not seen any negative feedback regarding yourself either, but have witnessed several good traders gone bad in the time I have been there. Usually there is not a problem until the line of communication is severed. That is what got me excited. I hope you can understand that and how frustrating it has been the last two days to see your name active on the boards and not responding to my requests for information. However, in case this situation was not as I feared, and maybe I would hear from you, I did not disclose any names or anything that might incriminate you at the E Zone. I still had hope.

I still want the merchandise. Did you insure the package in case it does not show up, does it have a delivery confirmation # or a tracking # ?

There is something I don't understand: why you downgraded shipping without mentioning it when we made the deal ? I realize there was a little money to be saved, but I would never do that.

Regards,

Alan
JohnM is offline Find More Posts by JohnM
Old Jan 25, 2003, 12:13 PM
Iowa
Joined Aug 2000
4,320 Posts
John

I sympathize with your personal circumstances; day to day living can be unpleasant at times. However, when something takes the joy out of life, I try very hard to believe that the Lord never gives us more than we can handle.

The facts ramain that I made you a fair offer for used merchandise. If you did not like the deal, you had every right, at the time, to decline or make changes. There was absolutely no mention or inference by you that shipping would be changed to Parcel Post. I was left to assume you were shipping the package by Priority Mail Insured.

The reason I asked you to delay shipping until the 15th : We were on a family vacation in Florida to visit my In Laws and I did not want a $150.00 package delivered while we were gone. I told you that in an earlier message. If you shipped the 15th, it would arrive on the weekend when we were back home. This is what I thought, because I had no idea you were going to change shipping methods.

This whole situation could have been avoided with better communication. If I had known and agreed to a much slower means of delivery, I would have been more patient.

We now know where things stand. If the package does not arrive by the 31st of this month, I will accept your offer of a refund.

Regards

Alan
Closed Thread