HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 15, 2008, 11:44 AM
www.aerosente.com
United States, IL, Island Lake
Joined Nov 2007
249 Posts
Question
Anybody Interested In Another LightHawk + LightSpeed Build Thread?

I just received my LightHawk and LightSpeed. I'm going to document the build and I'd be happy to post the pictures and comments on a new build thread here at RC Groups.

I'll be following ASK's build plan and my intention is to complete the LH first then move on to the LS.

I'll try and reference techniques and tips found in the SuperGee threads and other build threads - hopefully ending up with a fairly complete build thread.

Anybody interested in this or is there too much already?

BTW has anybody ever done a build thread on RC Groups using the blog?
Bolt55 is offline Find More Posts by Bolt55
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 15, 2008, 01:47 PM
Erk
All thumbs, no scents
Vallejo CA
Joined Nov 2005
597 Posts
I'll read it!
Erk is offline Find More Posts by Erk
Old Jun 15, 2008, 03:49 PM
Pflugerville (Austin), TX
Joined Jan 2006
141 Posts
Bring it on! Somebody start building something, I'm starting to think!
Pflyinguy is offline Find More Posts by Pflyinguy
Old Jun 15, 2008, 04:27 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Jul 2004
1,264 Posts
I am interested. Mine should be here soon.

JIM
Tehachapi Jim is online now Find More Posts by Tehachapi Jim
Old Jun 17, 2008, 11:10 PM
ASK
Espanola, NM USA
Joined Jul 2002
2,819 Posts
LightHawk + LightSpeed Build Thread

Quote:
Question - Anybody Interested In Another LightHawk + LightSpeed Build Thread?
Mike,
This is a good idea. The LightHawk and LightSpeed assembly sequence and methods are interesting to a lot of people, and can help with many aspects of any DLG set up.

A detailed build thread would also be very appropriate right now, as many people either have or are now getting one or both gliders.

FWIW, our backorder queue is clear and both June and July orders are shipping now. Production capacity is now about 300% over past months, which means it's never been easier to have a LightHawk or LightSpeed.

Go for it!

Aradhana Singh Khalsa
RC Builder
ASK is offline Find More Posts by ASK
Old Jun 18, 2008, 12:33 PM
Long Island, New York
Joined Mar 2002
267 Posts
LightHawk

I got my new LightHawk last week. Just opened the box last night. The workmanship is superb, it's beautifully done. Thank you ASK. I have another model to finish first, then on to the LH. A build thread here would be great !

Pete
petefly58 is offline Find More Posts by petefly58
Old Jun 18, 2008, 02:00 PM
Joined Oct 2006
649 Posts
i'm subscribed!
rob1978 is offline Find More Posts by rob1978
Old Jun 18, 2008, 04:31 PM
Oregon, USA
Joined Nov 2006
300 Posts
Bolt55,
I recently completed a LightHawk build and found it to be a very enjoyable experience!
Even though I have been through the process, I would definately read your build thread and try to contribute if needed.
I just can't say enough good things about the LightHawk! It has quickly become my primary contest bird.

Another PASS club member just received the LightHawk and LightSpeed kits and I am certain he would appreciate a build log also.

So, when are ya getting started?

Thanks,
-Craig
C Robinson is offline Find More Posts by C Robinson
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DLG Fuselage Mold - Part 1
Old Jun 18, 2008, 08:02 PM
www.aerosente.com
Joined Nov 2007
249 Posts
Ok. Looks like there's enough interest and support to do a thread. This is what I'd like to do. I'm an intermediate assembler/builder and I want to improve my build skills and master techniques. So my build thread will be more about learning and sharing as opposed to teaching and instructing... and most importantly inviting in the RC Groups community to comment and participate.

My intention is to follow ASK's build plan. I am using the 2-flaperon servo wiring kit and battery sold by RC Builder. I have Dymond D60's and D47's for the servos so this should be a fairly straight forward "stock build". I will add my narrative and lots of pictures with links to other techniques and explanations. Hopefully when it is done, it will be a complete record of a Lighthawk build.

I'll post the build thread shortly...
Last edited by Bolt55; Jun 18, 2008 at 10:56 PM.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 02:02 AM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,035 Posts
yes, please! i have a LH on the table and after taking up almost 40min of Aradhana's time today asking a bunch of stupid questions (of which i promised it would only take 10min) i want to give him a break. he is too nice with his time and needs to build more planes

additionally, with the SGII threads spanning five, huge threads, gleaning specific info from those is nearly impossible. i am also a tenderfoot when it comes to DLGs. let the build thread commence.

very thankful,
paul
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:08 PM
Erk
All thumbs, no scents
Vallejo CA
Joined Nov 2005
597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCPC
yes, please! i have a LH on the table
additionally, with the SGII threads spanning five, huge threads, gleaning specific info from those is nearly impossible. i am also a tenderfoot when it comes to DLGs. let the build thread commence.
Paul and Mike, perhaps both of you could document your respective progresses? OR might that prove more confusing than helpful?

Anticipating!
Erk is offline Find More Posts by Erk
Old Jun 19, 2008, 12:16 PM
www.aerosente.com
Joined Nov 2007
249 Posts
Erk, The more the merrier. If Paul or anybody else is currently on a LH build then I'd encourage them to post. I'll put the build thread up today to get things rolling.
Old Jun 19, 2008, 02:27 PM
Throw it like you hate it
United States, CA, Castro Valley
Joined Apr 2007
3,035 Posts
i am following the step-by-step assembly guide on the RC Builder website pretty much word for word. this is my first DLG i have ever built so i think i will leave most of the building to the more experienced builders. i will try to take pics along the way but wont necessarily post ever method i use or step i take. if i can think of anything that can be added i will do so, but i think Mike knows what he is doing more than i.
RCPC is offline Find More Posts by RCPC
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 19, 2008, 03:16 PM
www.aerosente.com
Joined Nov 2007
249 Posts
New Lighthawk Build Log

I created the new Lighthawk Build Log and it is located http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=881950